User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Thread: I got someone fired, but I couldn't stand by and not say anything.....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    The only reason I mentioned the man behind the desk was black was because this is pretty well the only thing I remember about him.
    The hotel manager wanted me to e-mail him what happened. I just took that e-mail and used it as a draft of my story to my fellow SC'rs.
    I also gave a description of the shuttle bus driver to the hotel manager, but I edited that out as I didn't think it was relevant. I just forgot to edit out my description of the man behind the desk.
    Sorry to any African American people on this site. I didn't mean anything by it!
    African American? we are in Canada.... most of the blacks here are from the Carribean like Jamaica and African countries like Somalia, that said... nothing wrong with describing the race of the perpetrator.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

You didnt do anything wrong. And to be honest, you shouldnt have left the $5 tip either... The guy was a bully, even though hes sick, he had no just cause to treat you or anyone else with such hostility. Being sick doesnt give anyone any right to be an a**.
    Last edited by DiamondLil; Fri, May 18th, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Natalka likes this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I can't believe some SCer's who nitpick about everything!
    I posted a thread about my trip to Morocco got picked on because I said the women who were totally covered were "mysterious" and I wondered what their lives were like and what they thought about.
    And now I get picked on for saying "African American"?
    My goodness, do you people not have anything else to do?
    I was trying to be politically correct, but I guess that anything I say is not going to please everyone.
    Can't you give a person a LITTLE leeway?
    If I'm going to be picked on for every little thing, then I guess I'll stop posting altogether.
    DiamondLil, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

You did the right thing reporting. Just from what you wrote you can tell it wasn't him having a bad and just a bad attitude. And to tell you that he could steal your stuff as a tip.
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the guy was a bully and a crook if he's harrasing ppl like that for tips.

you were right to call and complain!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wow, scary. You did the right thing.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Travel Mum - Bullies depend on their victims to somehow feel they "deserve" the bullying - Please don't accept responsibility in any way for his behaviour! I also know that you have probably concluded - if an angry person (man) asks you to join him in a secluded place - don't go without backup. He probably picked that place because he already knew the other person wouldn't intervene - maybe HE'S a victim of this person's bullying as well. Who knows how many times this guy has pulled the "meet me in the garage" trick! You've saved someone else from grief.
    As far as his dealing with cancer - I hope that this incident has given him reason to get help for his anger! This kind of "high emotion-packed" way of dealing with life can't be helping his recovery! So you probably helped him too in a round-about way!
    Jezebel likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    I can't believe some SCer's who nitpick about everything!
    I posted a thread about my trip to Morocco got picked on because I said the women who were totally covered were "mysterious" and I wondered what their lives were like and what they thought about.
    And now I get picked on for saying "African American"?
    My goodness, do you people not have anything else to do?
    I was trying to be politically correct, but I guess that anything I say is not going to please everyone.
    Can't you give a person a LITTLE leeway?
    If I'm going to be picked on for every little thing, then I guess I'll stop posting altogether.
    That's just what I was thinking!!! It's like some people completely IGNORE the entire thread, and just seem to LOOK for what they preceive as mistakes!!! Good grief, people! We're here to support each other, not bring each other down!

If you can't say anything nice....be quiet!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes you did the right thing. The man had no right to treat you like you did ,and the fact you had to grab your belongings and run means you felt threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    African American? we are in Canada.... most of the blacks here are from the Carribean like Jamaica and African countries like Somalia, that said... nothing wrong with describing the race of the perpetrator.
    How about just being called Canadian, or is that too much of a "caucasian" thing.. (yes this topic annoys me greatly.. but theres a time and place for everything..)
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Fri, May 18th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

People should always speak up when they get treated like that! How else will management know to fire them! I can't imagine how scared you were, I felt frightened just reading it, glad you're okay
    anisa and Natalka like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Is there a reason why you had to mention the gentleman behind the desk was black? His ethnicity doesn't seem like it should be important to the story.
    Why is this brought up???? would you have said this person was White/Purple/Asian/Female/Penguin????

Your problem is with the shuttle driver. By diluting your outrage by involving other , indirect, staff members..you may have lost lost any sympathy from management..
    FallenPixels, Aimz and kparker1786 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Why is this brought up???? would you have said this person was White/Purple/Asian/Female/Penguin????

Your problem is with the shuttle driver. By diluting your outrage by involving other , indirect, staff members..you may have lost lost any sympathy from management..
    She was stating what was written in the letter. The manager asked her to describe what occured and she stated everything she saw/whom was a witness. There is nothing wrong with how she described it. Ever see a police report? It will state caucasian male, black male, asian male, etc. How can she describe the appearence of someone which whom she has no name? "He was a man.." isn't going to help management pinpoint who was working at the time..
    Jezebel, Insane, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You could have possibly...I dunno, asked for his name...too hard perhaps...got his job description....
    Oh yes, shes going to stand there asking a man for his information while another man is leaning over her and berating her. She already felt physically threatened and was alone in a garage by herself with two strange men. The man already made it apparent he wasn't going to do anything or get involved, as he sat there mute as she was being berated, why should she be asking him for his information anyways? ~rolls eyes~

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Snow queen, if you had read the Op and the quote I posted... Ye olde scaryth Blackman has hidden himself behind a security desk in oder to fightheth the white lady.....

eta...the fact that the security guy was black is the 9th post in this thread.....so reallly a mis-direction of the OP's rant....
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: 9th post is the one where th OP talks about a black chappie
    DaveP likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Snow queen, if you had read the Op and the quote I posted... Ye olde scaryth Blackman has hidden himself behind a security desk in oder to fightheth the white lady.....
    I read both the OP and quote you posted.
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Sat, May 19th, 2012 at 12:12 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information