• 1 Post By coupon girl
  • 1 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By ssbean
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Metro..AM...and coffee!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I know there is not much incentive anymore to gather AM, and I have noticed that my AM balance has not moved much since last year.
    However, Metro mailed me some special coupons to entice me to spend. I used my get 25 AM WYS $50.00 and coupled that with their sale of Tassimo ( get 50 AM WYB any 5 specially priced Tassimo coffees at $6.99 each, I got DH his Breakfast kind)
    So OOP was $50.21, no tax ( all food) and got 83 AM!!! ( bacon was 500g pkg @ 2 for $7.00, plus get 3 AM) the mushrooms were .88 cents each, as well as those gorgeous cluster tomatoes on the vine .88 cents a lb.
    Can't beat it I thought!

Oh and if anyone likes those juices in cans ( 100% OJ Minute maid, Dole too ) Metro has them for an unbelievable $2.97 a case !!

I feel tempted to buy 5 more Tassimo this weekend just because I will eventually buy them anyway and this way I get AM for the purchase.
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro
    Ceren, macw1960, Koolaid and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

That's an awesome shop!!!!!! I would get them too if I drank coffee!!!
    walkonby likes this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

If you can swing the cash now and know you will need them in a short amount of time I would get them and get some airmiles.
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    their sale of Tassimo ( get 50 AM WYB any 5 specially priced Tassimo coffees at $6.99 each, I got DH his Breakfast kind)

I feel tempted to buy 5 more Tassimo this weekend just because I will eventually buy them anyway and this way I get AM for the purchase.
    I saw that coupon offer and wondered how to get the best deal with it. It was buy 5 products listed and get 50 Air Miles. Purchase by May 24.

So you spent $35 and got 50 bonus Air Miles plus the regular 1 Air Mile. That's a really good deal. Would have spent $1000 for those 50 bonus Air Miles.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes they were great bonus coupons -you did awesome -i got a bunch of airmiles the other day too -utilized all of their bonus points except a few
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

What a great shop! Maybe AM is waking up to the idea of making things worthwhile!
    walkonby likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

WTG on the AM bonus points.
    walkonby likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I saw that coupon offer and wondered how to get the best deal with it. It was buy 5 products listed and get 50 Air Miles. Purchase by May 24.

So you spent $35 and got 50 bonus Air Miles plus the regular 1 Air Mile. That's a really good deal. Would have spent $1000 for those 50 bonus Air Miles.
    I was stoked once I did the calculations! Especially since I had no use for any of the other products qualifying in that offer, just the Tassimo. I find I have not shopped too much at Metro, as the deals are way better at the other stores, however they do carry the No Salt pasta sauce I use, Irresistible brandI believe, so I will bring them my business there for some things.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Go back and get more for sure if you can afford to do it.

I buy DH's coffee (Tim's kind) when there is 3 bonus AM's attached to it. I've just recently started doing it and since I will be buying it anyways it makes it that much more worthwhile to pay an arm and a leg for his specific coffee.
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Go back and get more for sure if you can afford to do it.

I buy DH's coffee (Tim's kind) when there is 3 bonus AM's attached to it. I've just recently started doing it and since I will be buying it anyways it makes it that much more worthwhile to pay an arm and a leg for his specific coffee.
    that is funny you should say that because I sure did go back. I went to the same location since it was on my line of travel and close by. Well can you believe this? I checked the display, checked the aisle, NONE of the Breakfast Blend for DH, so I snag an employee to see if there might be any in back.
    She gives me a cold stare and says... " weren't you just in yesterday getting some ?" Well yes I was I thought it odd that she knew, as I never even had her serve me that day.
    Anyway, then she tells me that the offer is only ONE per customer. HUH?? Really? I ask her where does it say that. She grabs a thing off a tear pad, ( which that tear pad was NOT there the day I went in) and flips it over to show me in fact it says just that. She walked away quite smug.
    So I did my own experiment, I grab 5 of my favourite ( Cafe Crema) and have the service desk gal ring them in, and sure enough the 50 AM were given.
    HA HA HA !!!
    I guess they must be related to SDM when they tell you that you won't get the points and then the receipt shows you get them.

Too funny.
    Made my sunny day even brighter!

Oh and one last AM note, I stopped by Merlin Travel at PTC and got my FREE 25 AM just for submitting an email that I got from them. Been in my purse for a while, expires May 31st, glad I finally remembered to do it.
    Last edited by walkonby; Mon, May 21st, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

Thread Information