User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I'm pretty sure I saw it at Bulk Barn (just recently)-- I'd call them...I remember being really surpised that it was there....and it was expensive!

<div style="filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;">&lt;div style=&quot;filter: glow(Color=red,Strength=5 ); width: 100%;border: 2px solid purple;color: red;&quot;&gt;9 days to shop&lt;/div&gt;</div> columbiathorndale's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My Bulk Barn in Burlington sells it

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by courtreporter View Post
    This probably doesn't help too much, but I googled where to buy almond flour in Canada and a link for Amazon.com came up. I would never have thought of them for this kind of product.
    http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Grade.../dp/B0001EN9I0
    The problem with Amazon.com is that they won't ship foods to Canada. I tried a while back and I got half way through the checkout process and it says sorry we don't ship to Canada.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Be careful with buying something you need due to allergies at any bulk food place. I have mostly stopped, because even when the staff is careful, most customers are not, and cross-contamination is rampant. If you are looking to do so, Planet Organic and Whole Foods are the only ones that pretty much say they can almost assure purity, due to their dispersal systems being closed tubes. Noah's tries, but they won't make any promises. OH, I've been there!

Consider rice flour, sometimes even potato flour will suffice. Really depends on what you want to do with it. Like for bread, stay away from the potato as its super heavy! Also good are any of the other grains, dependant on your actual allergies. I use spelt, kamut, and quinoa quite often; all delicous, all have their place.

Good luck!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Thanks!! I cant eat grains either. My doctor just recommended almond flour, but Im sure if its gluten free and no wheats, etc in it Ill be fine. ( I will know within minutes if i cant eat it Ill be running to the bathroom). Next time I go looking for flour Ill check some places out.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealiah View Post
    Be careful with buying something you need due to allergies at any bulk food place. I have mostly stopped, because even when the staff is careful, most customers are not, and cross-contamination is rampant. If you are looking to do so, Planet Organic and Whole Foods are the only ones that pretty much say they can almost assure purity, due to their dispersal systems being closed tubes. Noah's tries, but they won't make any promises. OH, I've been there!

Consider rice flour, sometimes even potato flour will suffice. Really depends on what you want to do with it. Like for bread, stay away from the potato as its super heavy! Also good are any of the other grains, dependant on your actual allergies. I use spelt, kamut, and quinoa quite often; all delicous, all have their place.

Good luck!
    Good point, I never thought of that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Almond flour needs to be very fine to work well in recipes. When bought, it is typically the by-product from making almond pieces or slivers... the 'skin' has been removed, and the almonds have been blanched which is key. The remains are pressed through a sieve so that the flour is very fine. I just bought The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, and it says Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour doesn't work well. Almond MEAL doesn't work well. I am going to try to buy from buyalmondflour.com. Comes from Toronto I think. Prices way cheaper than Bob's Red Mill or other brands I have seen in the supermarket.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

almond flour doesn't require rising... AND many flours (rice, chickpea, potato etc) also require other ingredients. Almond flour does not...no xanthum gum etc. So in the end it can be cheaper to bake with almond flour. more protein too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information