User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Review: H20 Vac

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have the real water vac. It is called the Rainbow and it will cost you an arm and a leg, but I love it. The water tank is not that big, I fill it in the kitchen sink when down stairs or the bathtub up stairs.

The Rainbow does a number of different things. You can use it to clean your air and moisterize it, there are oils that you can put in the water to add scent to the air. You can use it as a leaf blower (yes it does work), they have attactment to wash the carpets and for hard wood floors.

I could go on and on, but if you realy want a good water vac that really works just google The Rainbow and you should find info on it.

The only think you have to be careful about is if you have pets you should empty the water out more often or you may plug the toilet.

you can join this forum by clicking on my link below.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=18227

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i was reading consumer reports forums last nite to get info on vacuums.
    a lot of ppl were recommending oreck and rainbow.
    the ppl that were mostly recommending those 2 were actually ppl who clean for a living, and had been doing so for a few years.
    i was surprised to see those 2 names recommended so highly, but it makes you think.
    also the dyson was recommended a lot, but at the same time a lot of ppl seemed to be having trouble with a few select models.
    i also noticed that you can buy refurbished dysons off their website, adn i think they offer free shipping.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the review! I guess my desire for an H20 vacuums is gone now. I'm fairly happy with my Hoover Wind Tunnel cannister (had a Miele before)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I love the hoover windtunnel. When we were in an apartment with two cats, it really did wonders. It is a wonderful vaccum.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage000 View Post
    I'm not sure I'm using the reply properly, but here goes.

nwriter, I have 2 H202 vacuums and I have to tell you one thing I see in your post. The tank is NEVER supposed to be filled. You are only supposed to fill it with water to the water line, which is about 2 inches of water. Perhaps this is why it didn't work properly for you. The tank is only about 10 inches high, so I don't understand your problem with putting water into it. It fits easily into my kitchen sink.

I would agree that it's a tad messy to empty, clean and refill, but other than that the suction is fantastic and it does a great job. It's lightweight and easy to carry (when water at PROPER level).

Just wanted other people to know that it is really a terrific little vacuum cleaner despite a bit of extra work emptying/cleaning the tank. All other vacuums shoot dust and the same dirt out the back end, so I'll take this H20 vacuum over any others.

So, people, you can give it a try without too much worry. It's the H20 Turbo by the way!

Thanks for clearing that up Mirage000!

I have been tempted buy the H2O vac but because I cannot return it with ease at a store, I have held off on buying one. The concept of water being the filter seems like a good idea.

Anyone know where I can test one at some TV products store in a mall or something? I would really like to know how it works, smells, cleans, etc...

I have given up on "household" vacuums and now use the small wet/dry shop vacs used for construction and renovation. They have incredible suction power, have a variety of accessories and filters, including hepa filters that may be washed or replaced. Being able to handle drywall dust, they can also handle baking powder if you want to freshen up the your carpets. I often hear complaints that baking powder ruins many vacuum motors. What a shame because baking powder is so effective for pet odours, is safe, and is natural. And it it is affordable - the vacuum and the baking powder!

Because it holds so much dirt, it can get pretty heavy but I do not have to empty it as often. I empty mine when it becomes too heavy for me or if there is liquid in it; but on quick inspection, I usually end up finding money including other items. Also, it's amazing for pet hair (but I'm still thinking about that tv info product universal extension vacuum piece for pet hair). My little shop vac is easy to clean when it gets stinky and when the it's wet. And easy to empty.

I'm sorry for gushing; I'm just really impressed with shop vacs and their affordability.

But still kinda pining for the H20 vac. I would like to test it, see if it's easy to clean, etc, etc.... water is a great filter.

*---Mirage000---*
    How long have you had your H20, does it get smelly? Easy to clean? Is it heavy with only 2 inches of water? How often do you have to empty it? Thanks for the info on the H20. I'm still really curious.

*----Other SC Members-----*
    I would love to hear more reviews of vacuums including hand held and stick vacs (need a quickie around the litter boxes). I hear a lot about Dysons, but they are a big initial investment so other brands and their reviews would be welcome as well. Thanks.

(Is this allowed? If not, please ignore and delete mods. Thank you. )

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want to buy an H2O turbo vac from you if you don't like it. I live in Winnipeg.

First of all, when you buy a tool, you must know its design purpose and specifications and follow the instructions to operate it. Many consumers don't bother to read the instructions; open the box and immediately fill the pale with full of water. This is misuse!

You can buy this vacuum on-line for CDN $33 (in Toronto, available for local pickup in Markham), s/h $36.

The following are sample positive feedback:

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="700px"><tbody><tr><td class="comment-header"><table><tbody><tr><td></td> <td class="commentpostedon">Posted on Jul 16, 2008, 10:11 am by D.J. </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="comment-body">I recently purchased the H2O Vac Turbo and have been putting the machine through its paces for the last two weeks and I have to tell you that this vacuum lived up to every claim you've made and performed beyond expectations. The suction power is the best I've ever come across and the variable adjustment of the suction is a nice feature. Other features which are very handy are the rewind for the power cord as well as the multi-directional wheels which let the machine move very nicely. The two filters are another very nice feature and cleaning the container is a snap. The power head works better than anything I've used before and the extra long additional hose makes cleaning stairs or anything high like fan blades or the top of book cases a snap. I would recommend those two items to everyone considering the purchase of this vacuum cleaner. This machine is excellent value for the money and I would recommend it to anybody without hesitation. Once you have a H2O Turbo Vac you'll never go back to any other kind.
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="700px"><tbody><tr> <td class="comment-header"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td></td> <td class="commentpostedon">Posted on Apr 4, 2008, 4:08 pm by Tina </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="comment-body">I can't tell you how fabulous this product is. This model has a retractable cord, superior suction power and an easy-to-empty water basin. It is well worth the investment!
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Last edited by violini; Fri, Jun 25th, 2010 at 10:47 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've seen the infomercials About H2O Vac Turbo for a while now and I've always liked it just because they claim that the vacuum does not lose suction during cleaning. After other vacuums I've tried and they say the same thing, they are removed from my home in 3-4 months due to the loss of suction. I had this H2O Turbo Vac for 5 months and I love it! Suction losses are not made with this cleaner. I am very happy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do not know if we are just very hard empty or if they do so only in the past, but it seems that we have to buy a new vacuum cleaner at least twice a year. Recently, my vacuum broke and my grandmother bought this vacuum from an infomercial.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I am an owner of H2O vac for last 2 years. We bought it from Bed Bath and Beyond. Hubby wanted to order online and had really made up his mind that this is the vaccuum for us! Myself being a very pessimistic buyer didnt agree to online and fortunately this store had it on sale!

I didnt use it much in the beginning as changing the water after every 2 rooms of vaccuuming in my old home was a pain! (At one time, it did give me morning sickness when I was preg). The vaccuum is not so bulky and the suction is very good with 4 different levels. It does a decent job. However, one day, it just stopped working. That was after almost 8 months of purchase... so we went to the store and exchanged it for another one. Again an H2O vac . And quite honestly, I am going to return this as well after another 8 months of use. We have moved into a new home and now its bigger. So almost after every room, I have to clean the tank. That takes you out of the momentum of cleaning... and so sometimes with a 7 yr old and a 7 month old bothering me, it takes 3 days to finish vaccuuming 4 rooms. Also the attachments are not so good... the plastic is not so sturdy and with the amount of use that i am doing now (twice a month on average), its starting to break.

The good thing for us is that Bed Bath and Beyond has lifetime warranty on any product that you buy and you can return it even after the initial 30 or 90 day period. So I am holding onto their receipt just like my bank locker keys.

If you get a chance... dont buy it online but from store like I did. Atleast you can return it.

Now I am in the market for new vaccuum... looking all over these forums for any suggestions? Dyson dc25 looks like a good one but too expensive.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nwriter View Post
    Guilty admission - I'm often mesmerized by the Magic Bullet commercials. But I'm even more mesmerized by the slightly tipsy b-grade actors (imho, this bunch appears to have been rounded up at a swingers club) and their totally misplaced enthusiasm at being able to make an egg salad in 3.5 seconds.

You are so right!!!
    Earn free rewards just by searching...click on link to join!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AustinsMomma79

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had one of these a while ago too. On mine the handle ended up falling off everytime you used it. and the tank leaked everywhere and it never did clean like they "claimed" on tv!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information