User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I THINK that I've decided to go to UOIT for Security and Networking(DIT, no Co-op)...however not really sure, since I also got accepted to Brock(BSc Honours with CO-OP), and Carleton(CIN Bachelor of Information Technology with CO-OP). I'm insanely confused as to where to go, and the reputability of these schools! UOIT & Carleton offers Cisco Certifications, but UOIT doesn't offer Co-op, where as Carleton does! What do you guys think?! If any of you have past experiences, or know if these program I'd GREATLY appreciate your respond! Thank you!
    This thread is currently associated with: Co-op
    UOIT Class of 2016

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bump
    UOIT Class of 2016

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bummp
    UOIT Class of 2016

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

In case anyone is wondering :

I ended up choosing UOIT, because it has has dual focus (or even tri focus, since I can minor in business). This is probarbly more of an asset in the workplace than just knowledge on say Networking, or Security; as well with the added business course it gives me the chance to hop onto another career path if i dont like IT down the road! As well as the program, the facility seems really good, as you may know UOIT is fairly new, and they have an up to date lab consisting of the latest and greatest technology, which is a great positive! The only down side to UOIT, however, is the fact that there is no Co-op, but rather only an internship which really inst guaranteed, even if you have the B+ average! Hope i help someone out!
    Oh and also, (fyi) Brock is focused more on Data Communications, and Carleton is strictly Networking Cheers! Wish me luck!
    UOIT Class of 2016

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gujuman23 View Post
    In case anyone is wondering :

I ended up choosing UOIT, because it has has dual focus (or even tri focus, since I can minor in business). This is probarbly more of an asset in the workplace than just knowledge on say Networking, or Security; as well with the added business course it gives me the chance to hop onto another career path if i dont like IT down the road!

UOIT has a good reputation among businesses in Oshawa and surrounding areas, IMHO.
    I have a student from UOIT for the summer.
    The last student in the winter semester was a great student - she sent us a thank you card to each an every employee in our department.

I think you made a great choice, IMHO.
    Congrats!

Thread Information