User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Where do women with big feet buy shoes?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i had a tough time finding runners (for walking not running) and actually found the champions at payless fit nicely, didn't need a wide width. the lazy kid at an athletic store was offering me mens shoes.
    payless dress shoes are a little cheap looking tho unfortunatly.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm size 10 or 11 and have NARROW feet - how weird is that? But I find the Shoe Company ok (plus you get Airmiles!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My gf that is a 12-13 buys a lot off of ebay.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm a size 12 Narrow ... so most of the time runners are Mens, sandles are mens, but I have lucked out and actually got a pair of Womens cowboy boots that I wasn't swimming in.

Dress shoes, well Aldo has ordered them in for me and I got them at the sale price too, sometimes Payless has womens sandles, but I have yet to find dress shoes there that I like that fit.

at 6'2" with size 12 - 14 narrow feet (not telling my boob or ass size, but the do go in line with the conversation a few up) Shopping for me is a pain

Swagbucks

Superpoints

PM Me for LOCKERZ Invite!!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

My wife has size 11 - 12 feet. And she loves shoes. Her guilty pleasure is this site .. which I have become very familiar with the past while to buy gifts ha!

http://www.barefoottess.com/

Its an american site, but they ship to canada and never encountered duty fees and shipping is pretty reasonable. And they usually have some kind of coupon code going on.

Did Someone Say SALE?!?
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm in this club - - There should be a Mutants R Us Shoestore.

The thing that bugs me is, according to an employee in a shoestore, it the biggest sizes that sell out first, so that's why we see only cute little size 6s and 7s on clearance!

And my boys....ugh....they are both in size 13, and I told them that they can't get any bigger, because they don't make shoes any bigger!

But I'm happy to know I can blame my previously size 9, currently edging in on 11 on my children!
    lecale likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nancyrose - they just don't order in many in the larger sizes - but I think they should realize that there are MORE women these days with larger feet. Not just those of us who are older, or with kids - but I have nieces who are teens with size 9 and 10 feet, too. When I was in high school, I wore a 7 1/2 - didn't go til a 9 til I was 17.
    And yes, I know the same is true for women with small feet - one of my older sisters wears size 5, and there are fewer options at that side of the spectrum, too.
    Oh, and I know how you feel about your boys - my son is 18 and has worn size 13 for a while, but I think that might not last. Size 14 and up are harder to find and cost way more!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lucas View Post
    My wife has size 11 - 12 feet. And she loves shoes. Her guilty pleasure is this site .. which I have become very familiar with the past while to buy gifts ha!

http://www.barefoottess.com/

Its an american site, but they ship to canada and never encountered duty fees and shipping is pretty reasonable. And they usually have some kind of coupon code going on.
    Wowsers! some great shoes, boots, and others there! Sad that my feet aren't very standard in shape, though, so I can't buy online, it must be in person...
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Jan 17th, 2010 at 09:28 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi all, Big Foot here, coming in at size 9.5-10 became a wide a few years ago (feets tends to swell these days; age? grrr)

I try to buy basic, classic well made shoes not only for bad feet, knees and back but they serve me well for a good number of years too. In the summer I like having a couple of pairs to alternate to air out what with sweaty bare feet and all. Like Natalka, I recently found 3 pairs on sears.ca outlet too.
    Agree though, dress shoes is bit of different challenge.
    SoftMocs through visaperks.ca is offering 20% off regular price and 10% sale price, don't know if that appeals to you.
    http://www.visa.ca/visaperks/index.jsp?promo=slpartner

signed
    Big Footed, dorky, ground beef tuby eating Amazon
    Last edited by Dee09; Sun, Jan 17th, 2010 at 05:32 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by etherealone View Post
    The Shoe Company has some shoes that are marked for "wider" feet. I have had some success.

I am actually a 8.5 to 9 but end up with 10's or 11's to accommodate my wide feet.

I have found Sketchers to be a really comfy fit for wider sandals and shoes.
    This is where I get my shoes. I usually stick with Sketchers as I find they are good for wider widths and the Shoe Company here usually has something either on sale or clearance.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but I just discovered that http://www.overstock.com has a great deal of women's shoes, up to Size 13's, and they ship to Canada!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I remember Nine West and Naturalizer carry shoes go up to size 11. They might not have them in stores, you can order online and if they don't fit, you can return in stores.

My feet were swollen when I had terrible back pain. I had to wear size 9.5! After physical therapy and 3 years of gym, my feet are now size 7! Smaller than before the back pain (size 8) how can it be? lol

BTW, foot size is correlated with body weight and foot muscle strength.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:10 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Not only are my feet a large, wide 10 but *whisper it* I have starter bunions! ick!

I usually buy dress shoes from The Bay when they have their 30% off final sale price, and I always leather so the shoes can stretch.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information