User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Holy Flip! Psycho teen girl!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

We live in a residential area with a lot of duplexes and 4plexes, next to an arena. All young families. There's about 50 feet or so between the back of our homes and the arena. Grass. So an ATV is tearing up and down there, not for the first time. We happened to be outside raking up grass when these two idiots (on one ATV) start tearing up the grass, speeding back and forth. Worse, there's tons of kids, very little kids here, and this was just dangerous as well as destructive. So I yelled out (in my big boy voice) Hey! They stopped - I yelled 'This is not an ATV trail! I'll call the police if you keep driving here!' The driver yelled out something incomprehensible and then left. (at this point I thought I was dealing with an 18 year old idiot boy not an insane 14 or 15 year old girl - Helmet makes it hard to identify someone at a distance)

Two of the neighbors from the 4plex next door thanked me for saying something. It was driving them insane too. And dangerous.

All, over? Nope.

I'm inside here 10 minutes later, with my wife and kids outside when I hear someone screaming 'f* n-word' repeatedly at my wife. She's dark-skinned because she's Inuit. Horrible racism. I go outside to see what the heck is going on and this driver is on foot and walking toward us from about 100ft away and tossing out the nastiest words you can imagine. I told her I was going to call the police. Which unleashed another stream of nasty words. At that point her mom pulls into the driveway, apologized to us all profusely, took control of the situation and took her daughter home.

The mom said her daughter has had multiple problems for years, and I feel for her. It must not be easy. Not sure why she would let her fly around on an ATV though.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Omg!!! This is where you live??? Again OMG!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wowsers, that's crazy!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i'm sure your wife and yourself will get over her obnoxious behaviour, but really i think someone should be notified because of all the kids who are playing in that area. and wherever else she has been plowing through with the toy her parents have made accessible for her.

her mom being embarrassed and apologizing isn't enough, i'm afraid!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    i'm sure your wife and yourself will get over her obnoxious behaviour, but really i think someone should be notified because of all the kids who are playing in that area. and wherever else she has been plowing through with the toy her parents have made accessible for her.

her mom being embarrassed and apologizing isn't enough, i'm afraid!
    I agree, I'm a dad of 8 and I'm sorry to say, it didn't look like this mom was new to apologizing for her daughter. She may well be out of her depth, may have been all along. Sad, but I can't fix everything (as cold as that sounds). I have to assume those closer to this mother will give her the help she needs with her out of control teen. I don't know her, just met her today. I have one raised up well, and 7 I'm still raising up.

But believe me, the police will be involved if she tears thorough here again on her ATV with little ones around.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In this day and age, I would be careful who you antagonize, especially if they know where you live. I do empathize with you, Dave. You should feel safe in your own home and yard. I shake my head at the parenting (or lack of) these days. People are trying to be their children's best friend, when, what they really need, is a good role model and structure in their lives.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If mom was so sorry she should remove the ATV from the spoiled brats possession.. Is she even allowed to ride it anyways. dont you need a license for it.

next time you hear it happening and see her carry a camera and if she tries to threaten you then film it.
    Judstir and DiamondLil like this.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

still would of called the cops! Not cool, and you just cant drive an atv around wherever you feel like
    AmberLab and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're a brave one, Dave...like Marstec said, in this day and age I wouldn't trust a crazy teenager...geez! You have small children and a wife, so please be careful who you antagonize. Yes, she was wrong, and you were right, but sometimes that doens't matter at all when it comes to safety. Had you called the police you'd at least have a record of your complaint against her if she threatens your family (and why wouldn't she? she has already!!).
    Still...better safe than sorry......or in other words....me chicken, you brave man......
    Stay clear of that wretched girl from now on, please? Dave? Please?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry but you can't always blame the parents. Just because we think we raise them right you never know what they can do when out on their own and at a certain age you certainly can't control what you don't see.

At some point it's their own choice to be arseholes. I have a cousin with 7 kids, all normal and one whackjob, she raised them all the same. You never know.

Maybe a few hours in a holding cell would be a good idea for her or maybe it would just make things worse.
    anisa, Lynn49 and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Dave, I'm sorry that you guys had to put up with a foul mouthed childish brat. I can't imagine what her mother must be going through. Comes a point where we can't control our children any longer. We have to hope we instilled in them, the morals and faith they need to make responsible choices, but that doesn't always happen, thats for sure.

I am just glad that no little ones were injuried by her careless actions. I am still wondering what this world is coming to????? Why call ignorant names to your wife, she is a person. It really makes me angry when I hear people making fun of others because of their heritage or nationality. We are all humans and deserve to be treated with respect, and I think the sooner some of these younger ones realize this, the better off they will be.
    anisa, gameprogirl, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Racists have got to be the most insecure people on the globe. I mean....how horrible does someone's life have to be, that it makes them feel better to degrade someone else?!

And speaking as someone who raised two kids, one a TypeA over-acheiver, and the other one....not at all!...thank you Patty and Holly for not blaming the parents. I've seen it time after time when our kids were growing up...some great families out there can have their share of "whack jobs". Their brains are just wired differently...can happen to the best families out there....
    The mother Dave encountered may be as challenged as anyone else where her daughter's behavior is concerned...exhausted from trying, and who knows...maybe even scared of her own kid's repercussions. Sad story all 'round....

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So sorry you had to deal with this, Dave! Bullies come in all sizes and sexes. She certainly knows you're not just going to sit and "take" what she has to deliver! What a life her family must have with her in it! And she must be "hurting" in some way too! Have a family hug and warn your children to stay out of her way!
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Geezzz, that girl needs some professional help IMO. That's awful to say things like that. I agree that some kids just turn out bad, either from lack of socialization or other reasons and half the time, the parents are helpless to stop them.

Saying hate about someone for something they have no control over is so sad. Our differences are what makes us all special and unique. You guys are good people, hopefully the kid gets some help and changes her behavior.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think you did the right thing by yelling at her to stop. I would have too. Sorry she was so foul mouthed to you and your wife. Kids nowadays know some " Choice words" that's for sure.
    DaveP likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information