User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Super Mel

Thread: Shoppers Laptop Question

You found a coupon where?
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hey guys,
    My kids want a laptop and i was thinking of redeeming my points as SDM and getting them one as they only use a computer to watch pokemon videos and play their facebook games. However this is where I need your answers, years ago I got a netbook (when they were first introduced) and it was horrid to try and play facebook games, so laggy and slow I ended up just returning it.

My question is has anyone gotten a netbook or laptop from SDM recently and tried facebook games, is it still laggy?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Christa

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

I purchased the teeny tiny one that was on sale for $99 (reg price is $149) a while back for my 8 year old. Its really cute and weighs nothing but it really is limited. I wouldn't reply on that one to run a facebook game. I haven't used it myself but I catch her her using my full sized laptop all the time so that is a good indication that it sucks.

FreebieQueen
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes I have boughten 3 different ones... all acer though because that's the best name brand in computers shoppers has carried. I love the acer one (the notebook) but its not good for speed on movies or games and doesn not have a cd/dvd drive. The other 2 were the worldwide acer... and i found it was better for games in the beginning but became slow. But thankfully all I use the computers for is getting free things, coupons, entering contests, veiwing flyers, facebook and twitter.... so I dont need the speed.
    So to answer your question... if your looking for a good video or gaming computer.... go elsewhere... its always good to look for a computer that is good for video and games if thats what you want it for.
    Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by camera_mom View Post
    Hey guys,
    My kids want a laptop and i was thinking of redeeming my points as SDM and getting them one as they only use a computer to watch pokemon videos and play their facebook games. However this is where I need your answers, years ago I got a netbook (when they were first introduced) and it was horrid to try and play facebook games, so laggy and slow I ended up just returning it.

My question is has anyone gotten a netbook or laptop from SDM recently and tried facebook games, is it still laggy?

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I've been told netbooks decline rapidly in their function ability. I've never had one so can't comment much. We were going to consider getting one for DH who uses the computer/internet maybe once a month but were warned against it since netbooks are such garbage no matter what brand. So in the future he will gget my current laptop and I'll get a new one instead :D

Also remember it helps to have lightening speed internet.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.
    Christa

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I love my Acer Aspire One that I got at the Dec redemption. I haven't noticed it slowing down at all, but it is barely 6 months old...
    jubsies likes this.
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Another option is the Blackberry Playbook! I love mine & it has quite a few free games & the speed is awesome...they start at $199 but SDM doesn't carry them...check Walmart, FS, etc. Worth the investment! IMO
    I haven't played FB games on it tho as I'm not into that, lol. But it has a camera, FB, twitter, basically anything you do on a laptop only its portable & uses Wi-fi

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It would have to be FB game friendly as the kids play backyard monsters which doesn't use alot of memory I think but it's a great idea.

Mel do you play acebook games on the Aspire?
    Christa

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Not sure what an Acebook game is LOL. I do play the odd game on Facebook, as well as online. I also put movies on it to watch when I travel... Not sure if that helps or not?
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Thread Information