User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: How has couponing changed your life?

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ You don't realize, but having a calculator makes a difference. I was going to buy 12 cans of gingerale...then looked at the price for 24 cans and it was like almost half the price per can.

Thank you handy dandy calculator

And you don't look like a foul with a phone as it looks like your texting lol
    aussie, walkonby, ssbean and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I found that it has made me more assertive with cashiers. I get out more chasing that next great deal. I have the enjoyment of walking into my stockpile and just picking out something instead of having to run to the store. And always the thrill of spending less!!!
    ssbean, thriftygranny and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Thanks wolfwoman for taking the time out to share your experience....have a wondeul day

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

hey sharkie! Nice thread...how has it changed my life? Hmmm, well sc has kind of changed it, not so much the coupons themselves, but I am more inclined to ask here or search here first before making certain purchases, that I never did before since I was the
    " anti-computer " Mom, who thought all online things were evil. Yeah and the 2 finger typist insecurity, ugh! However I am much faster now!

Oh and I always carry around clipped coupons that are useless to me, stalking people with items that are in their cart, offering them some savings, that I really never ever did. I must thank quite a few members ( no names that would embarrass them, plus I don't recall who showed me what now) but because of that new knowledge I have found that sc has sort of become a part of the day to day for me. ( I'll bet whoever instructed me on how to post images is regretting it. lol!)

I post long wordy posts, someone stop me!!
    Cuckoobird, ssbean, Tbites and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I get a little bit of extra joy in mailbox almost everyday
    aussie, walkonby, ssbean and 3 others like this.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

you write wonderful kind posts walkonby and contribute greatly to this site....I love it how you also pass out coupons, stalking people to see what is in their cart....I do that alot...lol
    walkonby and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

As others have pointed out, the "joy in the mailbox" is a definite positive change! I actually LIKE getting my mail now.

Using coupons has allowed me a much higher standard of living than I otherwise would've had.

My cupboards, pantry, and fridge are ALWAYS full with lots of back-ups to spare and share. In my pre-coupon life, I never had more than 1 tube of toothpaste in the bathroom. When it ran out, I went to the store and paid what the price happened to be. Now I have much more choice over what I pay--because I've stockpiled it all so if I don't *feel* like paying a certain price, I don't have to! I like that power!!!

I eat way better than I did previously. I don't buy alot of prepackaged stuff. But I use my savings from coupons and stockpiling when things are cheap and use the extra money to buy better quality items and healthier eats.

And last of all? I am able to share my wealth with others by donating. In my pre-coupon life, that wasn't even possible for me to do.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

couponing has let me support my son: I started because his father left me and was not giving me child support, to save on diapers and formula. Now, I can give to charity, send stuff to my family in Jamaica, and give people a better deal on a sale item. I love everyone on here, and I feel I have another family of couponers from coast to coast.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I am much more aware of prices. I now only buy what is on sale.
    i love to help others and find myself picking up extra for my friends...who pay me back of course.

1 thing i know is i get really excited when i am able to get free products. Coupon stacking on the west coast is great!

I find I have donated more to the food bank than I ever have before. I may not eat canned chili but if I am able to get a can or two for free...then it goes to the food bank.
    walkonby, ssbean, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

thank you Ninna, tyramanitoba and Cooper72 for also sharing with us.. I think it is wonderful for us to be able to read other members stories and experiences....I hope you all have a great and wonderful weekend....
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Great Thread, Sharkie!

Couponing changed my life in soooo many ways and almost all for the better. I shop much differently now than before. I save on everything I buy or I don't buy it. I also have learned from everyone in here that there is more than one way to save. I do a lot of things differently. I write companies when I am unhappy with my service or impressed with their products. I thank excellent cashiers, I donate, I live a much higher standard of living than I would have on the income I currently earn. I can see that coupons and this way of life will lead to a much easier retirement in the future and will allow my kids to graduate from post secondary school debt free... something I didn't do. Starting out in their lives will be so much easier than it otherwise might have been. I pay less for essential services like utilities. I recycle everything. And I've learned that it never hurts to ask to get a deal...

I used to see shopping as a chore... just another thing on the long list of things to get done before I get 'me' time. Now I see shopping as a challenge and part of my 'me' time that makes me feel great about what I am able to do for my family.

The only negative.... I am now aware that I spent years wasting my family's resources. When I think back over the years raising three kids on my own without any support, working two jobs to keep house and home together it's kinda hard not to regret doing this sooner... but I don't spend a ton of time thinking about it... I focus on how much easier it is going forward from here. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train!
    Last edited by Scorp411; Sun, Jun 17th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.
    OOP: $3844.62 (fuel, food, household, health & beauty)
    Coupons used $901.90
    Average grocery savings percentage: 82.30%
    Gasoline savings percentage: 15.58%
    Accumulated Bonus Value(not yet redeemed): $1032.52

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

I always paid attention to the flyers but now with coupons i see that iam getting an even better deal. i use to be a brand snob with couponing iam no longer a brandsnob, some items i will not switchout though, everytime i llook thru a magazine i look for coupons first then read articles 2nd.
    tyramanitoba, walkonby and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I always thought it was dumb to have a stock pile because of all the money it sucked up. lol. Little did I know that stockpiling can be done for very little money. I now love my pile of nearly free hygiene products - soap, shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, feminine items, deodorant, detergent, dish soap, Vim! Now I know when something we regularly use is a good sale by watching the flyers and stocking up when things are a good price, even better if I have a coupon and a sale. I can't spend a lot of time collecting coupons, but try within reason to get ones for products we regularly use, like DARE.

I also think differently about my money. So maybe I only save 50 cents today...it's my money to not give away and why shouldn't that make me smile? I also get the kids clothes to grow into when the outlets have big sales. I dream about big expensive things less and I'm happier for what is actually paid and not a debt.

My DH's bread machine came out of the basement and now we enjoy home made treats. Who knew they were so easy to make? I get great ideas from everyone on here and am really happy to have found the site.
    BC Gal, sharkie and wolfwoman like this.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

!
    Last edited by lecale; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information