User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Downy Unstoppables

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I think its a great product for reducing smells on clothes. I had a little sensitivity to it before washing but after I used it on my clothes, I was fine with the smell. My hubby & son also work in the kitchen and they come home smelling of onions, garlic and fried stuff. YUCKIE lol This helps reduce their stench!
    matrix82 likes this.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I loved it so much that i bought a huge bottle today of it! of course with a coupon!
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i have a packet sitting downstairs and i have no clue what to do with it.

i have been using unscented detergents and no softener for about 9 yrs, and so i am used to laundry that doesn't smell like anything it's funny, now when i go to my parents house once a year, whenever i walk into my mom's laundry room i go into sneeze fits, she uses regular, scented powdered detergent.

any ideas on alternate uses?
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

i have been using unscented detergents and no softener for about 9 yrs, and so i am used to laundry that doesn't smell like anything it's funny, now when i go to my parents house once a year, whenever i walk into my mom's laundry room i go into sneeze fits, she uses regular, scented powdered detergent.

You could stuff them in the toes of smelly sneakers to try to get the stinky feet smell to go away. I find that i didn't really smell the beads once the clothes were washed and dried.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I used these in the wash (half a pack) and they're nice!
    I don't know if I would spend more than $4 per bottle but there's nothing about the actual product that I dislike.
    Using 1/4 of the sample packet would probably be plenty.

There's a thread about making this into fabric refresher on SC and I've made it. Works fabulously!
    Water + unstoppables + baking soda in a spray bottle.
    Totally bringing it camping.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post

Trade it to me!!

I love this stuff! The problem with why we need to use it is because of our washing machine that doesn't do such a great job. We have a top loader washer with no agitator. Yup, you read that right! No agitator = not very clean clothes! We didn't get a choice in the machine we bought as it had to have a "regular" outlet AND hook up to the sink for our apartment.

So our washer often leaves articles of clothing still smelling like perfume and deodorant/sweat (for DH's clothes). I would of never bought this product to try but I was sent a sample and thats how my love started. I originally used each sample for 3 loads and they did a very good job. I remember after the first load, I was folding them and I couldn't stop smelling them thats how good they were! I'm surprised that I think this product isn't just a "scent booster" but it also helps with the cleaning because I can no longer smell perfume and deodorant/sweat anymore and I know its not just masking the smell.

The only thing I'm bummed about is the fact that this product is so expensive and besides the $2 coupons that are no expiring real soon there will only ever be the $1 mail out left. I doubt there will be more coupons released for it. I was notified by a SC member last day of sale when they were $5.99 @ SDM. I went and got a rain check for 8 as they wouldn't allow me anymore. I've since bought those 8 and I doubt they will ever go that cheap again so I may need to give up my love for this product.

I am interested in anyone who wants to trade me their sample so long as they haven't stuck it in smelly shoes yet!
    matrix82 likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@purple bunny, what brand of washing machine did you get. I live in an apartment and need similar, plug into a regular outlet and hook up to the sink. I've read some of teh reviews on sears and futureshop, all the reviews seem very negative for the portable style washers.
    Use this link

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    @purple bunny, what brand of washing machine did you get. I live in an apartment and need similar, plug into a regular outlet and hook up to the sink. I've read some of teh reviews on sears and futureshop, all the reviews seem very negative for the portable style washers.
    We went to Home Depot, they only had one model. Rona (I believe it was) only had the same model as well. Surprisingly this type of machine is more expensive (generally) then regular bigger better machines.

Ours is GE. Our dryer is great but the washer sucks so bad.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I liked this product. Though I only used about a third of it in the wash, I found it smelled nice. I am one of those people who loves the smell of clean clothes (prefer it to perfum), so didn't mind the scent. I also agree that it worked well on cleaning all the grime out of my DH's clothes. He occasionally works with sulfur and this actually took out the nasty stink in the first wash!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, you were SO smart to not use the whole packet.

My son used the whole packet - and whilst the smell is nice from the packet, the clothes after just reek - it's SO nasty! He rewashed his clothes last night.
    He said during the day it wouldn't have been so bad if it were just his jeans/socks washed with it, but NOT a shirt - it was a polo shirt, so the way he said it "he was stuck with the stink in his face all day"!!!

Yeah, I have another sample coming too...

I just saw today on TV that Gain has a similar product.

I wonder why these companies think this is needed - after all, they go through so much making sure that detergent and fabric softeners smell good... why this now?

Hm... let alone people who need scent-free, which is a group which I thought was growing.

It is "needed" in order to increase the company's bottom line. IMO this is simply one of those products that's an unnecessary add-on. The other one I don't understand is dishwasher cleaner. For decades, my mother's generation and mine have cleaned our dishwashers by running a cup of vinegar through them...but now we apparently need an expensive product from Finish...
    AmberLab and xXtiggerXx like this.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Personally, I love the smell of this stuff and love how nice it made my clothes smell. But this is because where we live, our town water makes the clothes smell weird straight out of the wash...they are definitely clean, but they just smell...and usually the laundry detergents I buy are scented but not heavily so they don't get rid of the smell either, and I don't use fabric softener or dryer sheets. So any ways, for me yes I like it, but I can't find it anywhere? It would be in the aisle with all the laundry stuff right (detergent, dryer sheets, etc.)?

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

I made a Potpourri Satchet from some extra burn netting I have we no longer use
    1/2 tsp of unstoppables, twist and I use an elastic to keep it tight !
    My son works in a kitchen, after shift he puts his work clothes in his backpack
    by the time he gets home neither his backpack/clothes reek unbearably !!!
    Works great in smelly shoes too!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by <3 My $aving$ <3 View Post
    I made a Potpourri Satchet from some extra burn netting I have we no longer use
    1/2 tsp of unstoppables, twist and I use an elastic to keep it tight !
    My son works in a kitchen, after shift he puts his work clothes in his backpack
    by the time he gets home neither his backpack/clothes reek unbearably !!!
    Works great in smelly shoes too!!!
    Thanks for the good hint!
    Use this link

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My family and I got 5-6 uses out of the sample packs and we still have one more left. I find a few sprinkles is just plenty for these little things. I couldn't imagine using a whole pack or even half a pack for that matter. Yuck! But a few sprinkles and it makes the clothes smell fresh. I would never buy a whole bottle of it though. The highest price I've seen of it is $8.99, and that terrifies me! lol.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I am gonna buy it when it's on sale, I love the way it keeps everything freshly scented that I store, like sheets and towels. I washed towels in that stuff weeks ago and the towels still smell nice and fresh. This is one scented product I enjoy that doesn't bother me.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information