User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Airmiles sucks collect anything else

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Called air miles to change my points into cash rewards as i ONLY EVER USED THEM FOR GIFTCARDS!!!!!!!! They will not! I have NEVER used them for travel and was saving all my air miles to help send my daughter to university. I thought i would save and buy toiletries and groceries from Metro. They say the air miles are in dreams rewards and not in cash so they're unusable to me. I HAVE BEEN SAVING THEM TO HELP HER. What they're my air miles and they're dictating how i can use them. They're program is GARBAGE and it has been getting worse over the last little while. Do yourself a favour and collect anything else. STAY AWAY FROM AIRMILES....... THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU.
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Metro
    CouponasaurusRex likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Did you not choose which category you wanted to save in at the site? I was able to once the new system came in, and mine are just going toward dreams, since there were only a few options to redeem for cash at the till in my city. I'm happy with saving towards gift cards.

Now I was just on the site, and see that you can do a combo of both, and choose what percentage of AM you want to go for each.
    Pinkypie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Why can you not use the Dream Miles to purchase Metro GCs?
    Lori likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I think you can still purchase Metro gift certs with the Dream Miles, I did that the other week since I really have no use for anything else on the site. I only collect them as a 'bonus'.

I'm under the impression that all points before the 'cash' thing came out were put into the Dream miles section.
    Koolaid and walkonby like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Mon, Jan 19th, 2015 at 07:42 PM.
    millak likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
    Why can you not use the Dream Miles to purchase Metro GCs?

No gift cards for Metro and Pharmplus are no longer available. They are horrible to deal with. Why can you not get what you want.... ITS THE SAME PROGRAM.. NO they won't help you. If anyone knows of better rewards programs please let me know. I contacted American Express also they answer there phone AIRMILES AMERICAN EXPRESS HOW CAN I HELP YOU. I told them i would know longer be using their card because thats how i collected my points mostly and shell gas and i will no longer be a customer of either as it makes NO different now. I'll use another card for different points one that wants my business.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I redeem for Sobeys GCs. Not impressed that the price of the $20 went up to 190AM from 140.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

so weird- I just redeemed for a metro GC yesterday but today they are gone. That totally sucks OP
    walkonby likes this.
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i get that they essentially changed the program, but really to take the gift cards off of the web site when ppl obviously have their dream miles locked to online only purchases does suck.
    matrix82, DaveP and walkonby like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I'm under the impression that all points before the 'cash' thing came out were put into the Dream miles section.
    That's what it says on the website.

So she can still earn Air Miles towards the "cash". But any points she already had cannot be transferred to her cash balance. Current points were left in the Dream Miles bank.
    Pinkypie likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes OP, I certainly do feel your pain.
    I just went in and there were no useful things I could use my dream balance on because I had just recently redeemed for $140.00 in Metro gift cert. just a mere week and a half ago, THANK goodness I did!
    I immediately switched the preference balance to 100% cash, but CS at AM said any purchases I made will go to dream until tomorrow. That means the stupid Metro shop I was so pleased about with the double AM ALL goes into the " nightmare " balance because it was purchased before I switched it.
    DaveP and PurpleBunny89 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I think people should complain that way things may change its our air miles. Why can we not use them for things we want. Everyone PLEASE call and complain or CHOOSE ANOTHER POINTS REWARD PROGRAM.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

mickpalace, I agree that it is time to reexamine the value or worthiness of the AM programme, SDM disrespected it's customers, and are now getting a tongue lashing on Facebook. Perhaps AM needs similar treatment. Personally, since I have to purchase the regular things weekly ( groceries,gas, etc) it still is better getting a $10.00 reduction every so often than getting nothing, however because of this change and the restrictions I no longer feel motivated to aggressively collect them, by making ALL other purchases on an AM CC.

I was the same as you mickpalace, usually redeeming for metro certificates, with the odd exception of getting distracted by a new shiny kitchen gadget. Now I will be searching and considering other reward programmes too. PC points does reward me with free groceries, and I can use the PC MC anywhere, so that might be the way to turn.

AM, you blew it!
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Jun 30th, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

crap....I didn't realize it had been changed like that! I only collect at the gas station. I really want the kitchenaid pasta attachment, so I think I'll keep them in the dream rewards.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Honestly - the best way to deal with this is probably ( as suggested above) is complaining on their facebook and twitter. Social media is a great way to make companies listen- as the more negative feedback grows the more they have to deal with it and make changes or face risking their reputation.

SO - Go on facebook, call airmiles and b*tch, but honestly- telling other people to call and complain for you and find a new rewards program probably isn't going to work very well to solve your case.

Personally I used all my 110 air miles "nightmare" dream miles to get an awesome magazine subscription for a year then moved them all over to cash rewards. What's the big deal?
    anisa and Pinkypie like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information