Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Gardening Brag And Other Backyard Adventures

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Awesome deals.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Awww, too bad.

Did you see my post about cheap stuff in the garden center at Walmart. Might be good to take look as they are clearing out , all kinds of bags of soil, cow poo, Miracle grow potting soil. I got about 30 bags yesterday. All set for next year.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

looks great!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

those sugar baby watermelons are awesome!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I've heard that spreading pepper around will keep them away - I hope.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Avon, if you want to keep the bunnies away from your gardens, why don't you feed them ? Choose a spot not too far away and offer them the outer leaves of lettuce, carrot tops/scrapings, stale bread (not bread gone bad/moldy though!), etc.. We used to feed the groundhog that lived under the shed at our old home to help keep him away from my crocuses.

Patty, I did see your thread (I 'liked' it ) and stopped in at Walmart in Brossard on my way home from work this evening. Nothing, with the exception of a few annuals and dying perennials, on liquidation though .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

This sweet little fella was given to me by Patty . She found him growing in the rocks by her pool and rescued him. I finally decided where it was I was going to plant him. I'm in love .

Name:  garden 2012 8.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  93.8 KB
    Patty Smyth and janetta like this.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

[QUOTE=snuffaluffagus;4744941]Today's deal is probably the best one yet only because it was an unexpected surprise. I can't stop ing over it. I went to Super C to get some stuff for work and, at the entrance, there was a sign for Hibiscus plants on sale at 9.99$ instead of 19.99$. There were also Orleandre (Laurier in English, I think) but no price posted. I thought I'd take a chance and brought 3 to the cash with 2 Hibiscus. The Orleandre scanned at 19.99$ but the manager told the cashier to let me have them for 9.99$ each, woohoo. Then the Hibiscus also scanned at 19.99 and the manager said not to bother with SCOP, I could have them both for free , double woohoo . I paid 29.97$ (no tax was charged as it was entered under groceries) for all 5 plants. They were in need of a desperate watering and will be getting a much needed transplant this evening. I'm so pumped because I was looking for the Orleandre and couldn't find it anywhere save one local gardening center and it was priced at 35.99$.

3x Orleandre reg. price 59.97$
    2x Hibiscus sale price 19.99$
    Total: 79.96$
    Oop: 29.97$[/QUOT

You know Snuff you will have to bring these inside for the winter
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    This sweet little fella was given to me by Patty . She found him growing in the rocks by her pool and rescued him. I finally decided where it was I was going to plant him. I'm in love .

Name:  garden 2012 8.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  93.8 KB
    He is so tiny lol, I found another one growing in the rocks and I will try to transplant it also. It's teeny weeny the size of my thumbnail.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by you and me View Post
    ...you know snuff you will have to bring these inside for the winter
    Lol, yes, I've already mentally rearranged my younger son's room at least a dozen times to see where they'll all fit .

Quote Originally Posted by patty smyth View Post
    he is so tiny lol, i found another one growing in the rocks and i will try to transplant it also. It's teeny weeny the size of my thumbnail.
    Too cute! Because of you and Ontest, I'm now searching the gravel driveway in the front and backyard for baby trees on a daily basis, lol. I've found 3 so far but want to make sure of exactly what they are before transplanting them.
    2010ontest likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The garden centre near my house has a sale on their veggies. I think the cashier screwed up because she said the tomato plants were $2.49 each but she thought it was $1.49 so she gave them both to me for $1.49 and she didn't charge for the 2 zucchini plants. The receipt wasn't itemized so I didn't notice it till I got home. The tomato plants are the ones that are smaller than cherry/grape tomatoes and there are some already on the vine so hopefully I'll get a few more!
    snuffaluffagus likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Awww....I LOVE that itty bitty tree.

Our flower gardens are going crazy!! I don't know if it is the weather or the fact that I was just really careful about what plants went where this year but I love it. People tend to give me plants that are dying for me to rescue. I got a bunch of geraniums from Sobeys this year because they were going to throw them out. Wasn't sure if I could save them because they were pretty sad looking but they are all in full bloom now. The "old fashioned" rose bush that Canadian Tire gave me last year is blooming these gorgeous pink roses. I also was given a perennial that I am not sure what it is. As it was growing, it looked like the top of a pineapple but then it got super tall and just yesterday, it bloomed these absolutely amazing yellow flowers!! I was given a couple of "firefly" perennials and some kind of bush with these dark purple little flowers. We are going to build a new flower bed next year down the length of our driveway because we love flowers so much!! Lots of people wondering into my yard to check it out!

Still love this thread!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I didn't think I'd be coming to resurrect this thread because my vegetable garden didn't do well at all after being invaded by flea beetles . Other than my peppers growing in pots, tomatoes, and one lonely little sugar pumpkin, everything was lost.

But...I did start on a new project that pesky pests can't ruin for me. Early in the season my father asked if I would like some stones from his yard as he was getting rid of them. I managed to start a walkway to the front door. I may be extending it by another 3 feet next Spring when I get a chance to get more stones.

It took me 3 days to get it done, with lots of breaks. My back is aching and my knees feel crushed but, I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out seeing it's the first time I've ever done anything like this.

Stones = free
    4x Thyme plants on sale @ 1.45$ each = 5.80$ (I'm hoping these guys are going to grow between the stones)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    miztia and 2010ontest like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I thought I'd add a photo of the pathetic looking Hibiscus and Orleandre I got earlier this Summer, lol. They're doing great but likely because I spent many hours in the evenings picking off the flea beetles by hand .

To the far left and far right are the Hibiscus and there's one of the Orleandre. The other two are on my front porch. I also received a lemon tree (second from left) from my Nephew who has embarked on a community garden project. He said no one was taking care of it so he gave it to me. What a sweetheart .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information