User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Airmiles sucks collect anything else

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

millak, while you were quite happy to find and use what AM you had in the dream side on a subscription, not everyone wanted or needed anything redeemable using their balance of dream rewards, and likely they had way more than 110 AM.
    For AM to hold these points in the dream side " hostage " and force collectors to waste it on " things " rather than use them practically on Metro vouchers for food or the other GC's is why the rant was posted.
    I think posting and sharing our experiences actually does accomplish something. It may motivate the person who felt they were alone in this to actually call AM CS and be more vocal about their complaint instead of skulking away.
    anisa, mickpalace, Poirot and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh i for one will be complaining -i used them for gas gift certificates
    DaveP and walkonby like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Air miles is one of the worst ways to collect points almost any card with rewards will do better, especially if you cannot double dip. Try MBNA from TD or some other cards.
    mickpalace likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realize the Metro g.c had been discontinued. I was saving up to buy one and then change over to cash rewards. I looked through the options and the best one looks like the Rona gift card. I only have $20. worth so it's not a big deal but it's taken me some time to get these. Not impressed with airmiles.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I have contacted Shell Canada, American Express, Metro and Rona. I think the businesses associated with air miles have to put their foot down. We do use them so boycotting the associated businesses will not be good for their bottom line.
    DaveP and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I credit both mickpalace and anisa for motivating me NOT to just sit there and take the treatment AM is giving us. I emailed AM today about the main issues and expressed my clear dissatisfaction with their new methods. I informed them I would no longer be collecting AM with an AM CC at non AM sponsored stores,nor will I support their Programme by shopping at sponsored stores. Other rewards Programmes will now get my business.
    Telling friends and family is usually encouraged and it helps companies when it is a positive thing you share, I can hardly wait to start sharing this!
    mickpalace and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

we need to be vocal, and we need to do it in the most public way possible.

when they introduced the new system, they neglected to tell us that they would be removing the gift cards from the online rewards system.

i wouldn't have given a flying *hmm* if they had left the gift certificates alone so we could redeem our dream miles that have been locked.

if they are tying our arms and forcing the previously earned miles into a dream account, then they should have continued to offer the same rewards collection as well.

this is clearly ripping ppl off by forcing them to use their miles for certain things.

yes i'm ticked! lol
    $avvy$hopper, DaveP and walkonby like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

anisa likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They do this after adding the five year expiry on Airmiles.I think they just want a lot of people to spend to collect Airmiles and not redeem.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

problem solved
    Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    I checked the site and the Metro GC is no longer available to me in Ontario. If you click on it it tells you it's no longer offered, to use cash miles instead.

I only ever redeemed for Metro GCs so when they sent the mail out about the changes and said they were discontinuing the GCs in the future, I cashed out and switched to cash miles immediately. Annoyingly enough I still got a whack of miles go to my dream balance after I changed my preferences because of their dumb system. I called and complained because I would never ever be able to cash out the dream miles, and they credited me my miles and a bit back to my cash balance. Note they didn't take away/transfer the dream miles to cash, they just gave me more cash miles, because they said the system could not do a transfer between balances.

It took me a fair amount of effort to change from dream miles/GCs to cash miles, just to do the same old thing and redeem at metro. I took care of everything at the beginning of march and already 4 months later they have removed the GC option. They still have HBC GCs, maybe that will work for somebody.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    millak, while you were quite happy to find and use what AM you had in the dream side on a subscription, not everyone wanted or needed anything redeemable using their balance of dream rewards, and likely they had way more than 110 AM.
    For AM to hold these points in the dream side " hostage " and force collectors to waste it on " things " rather than use them practically on Metro vouchers for food or the other GC's is why the rant was posted.
    I think posting and sharing our experiences actually does accomplish something. It may motivate the person who felt they were alone in this to actually call AM CS and be more vocal about their complaint instead of skulking away.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:13 PM.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I had no idea that the Metro GCs weren't available to Ontario anymore. That sucks!!! I redeemed for Shell, Metro and HBC...looks like I can only get HBC now and it'll take forever to earn enough miles for that. oh well, haven't been actively collecting since the increase in redemption levels so i'll just keep trucking along and hope that the HBC is still available when I need it. so sorry to hear of your situation mickpalace, hope something works out for you.
    mickpalace and walkonby like this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

airmiles sucks period.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    254 (100%)

just found out they took away the metro gc, AM really sucks

my trade list and wishlist, check it out, tons of tearpads