User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the next round of liquidation stores is getting ready to start. had no clue this was happening til i checked the zellers website yesterday!

2 are in Brampton, so i'm thankful for that. up til now the closest ones were still too far for me to visit frequently.

lets see if the next round is more organized than the first one.
    $avvy$hopper likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    What about the larger items that Zellers carries like bookcases, furniture or other household items? Are these things also marked down significantly?
    3 weeks before closing furniture was about 50% off. But still most items were well over $100. Never went back closer to closing, so I have no idea how big the discounts got.

Orillia Coupon Newbie
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Does anyone know anything about the Orillia Zellers? I know it's becoming a Target but will they be liquidating?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Cloverdale location in Etobicoke has started their liqidation. 10-30% off.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    3 weeks before closing furniture was about 50% off. But still most items were well over $100. Never went back closer to closing, so I have no idea how big the discounts got.
    can't say what other stores did but at Georgetown location, several furniture items were marked down to 50% off, possibly a few may have hit 60% but nothing when below that unless it had some damage. My friend said big ticket items were on consignment sale so the discounts wouldn't go below whatever was agreed upon...then the items unsold were pulled from sale. Perhaps they'll end up at Home Outfitters?
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Actually, the Gerrard Square location is going to be closing on the 26th and the overtaking Wal-Mart will be open for business on the 27th.
    I will keep you all informed with any more updates on this specific location!

Quote Originally Posted by uniquelyme View Post
    Overlea and Danforth in East York/Scarborough are now closed.

I was there on the weekend. Scored a new storage cabinet ($200) for $40. Dog kennels ($100) were down to $20, and $10 on Monday. We got the rest of the stock of Bic Soleil blades for 89 cents, and Venus blades for $2.79/$3.09. And some random grocery items at 50% off or more.

DH was there on Monday (buying the last of the fixtures for a friend's store) -- Everything that was 90% off on the weekend, they took another 90% off that price. He got over 200 pieces of pet stuff (collars, toys etc.) for 10 cents each to take the to Humane Society. KD for $10 a case. Jell-O pudding for pennies... Huge deals. He's been dealing a lot with the liquidator too -- some guy up here from Florida for the long haul. While I've heard that some rural Canada stores are not liquidating (Target will just be absorbing the stock), others are selling out to the walls.

Apparently the Gerrard Square location goes into liquidation on August 3, with a closing date of October 27.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

well, this whole zellers thing certainly is a learning experience for most of us!

the last time i saw something like this was when woodwards closed down, but all i really remember from that sale is a keychain i bought because i happened to be at the Surrey one in the last few days of liquidation.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

How long did the liquidation sale last from start to finish in the first round of closures?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

3 months i think?

didn't they start in march?
    Minou likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Fort McMurray Zellers started liquidating 3 weeks ago. It started at 10-30% for everything except Jewelry 50% and luggage 60 %. They are now up to 20-40% off lowest ticket price.

They put out their christmas and halloween stock at 80% off, most of that went within a week. Stuff is slowly clearing out, but most prices are still above sale prices.

Stationary went from 30% to 40%, I was looking for school supply items, but 40% isn't much compared to August sales at Staples and RCSS.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bairdgoodwin View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the Orillia Zellers? I know it's becoming a Target but will they be liquidating?
    According to the Zellers website the Orillia location is liquidating their product and the sales started June 22. I was in the store about a week ago and they have signs up that everything is on sale.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RedEng View Post
    They put out their christmas and halloween stock at 80% off, most of that went within a week. Stuff is slowly clearing out, but most prices are still above sale prices.
    Wow. I never saw Christmas stock at 80% off (mind you I didn't go the last 2 weeks of the sale). There wasn't a lot, but I think the best discount I saw was 50%.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

An employee told me that the liquidation would start in August at the store near me. I'm hoping they do 50% off clearance on their summer clothing in July -- before the actual liquidation starts. I usually get some good deals on kids' clothes at those sales. If all the stores have really good deals on the last day before closing, I just may have to book a day off once I find out when that last day will be so I can make the rounds!

I think the only thing I'm really going to miss about Zellers is the men's Arrow clothing. It's generously-sized and of good quality. My dad and husband really like it, and it makes buying gifts easy because the sizing is predictable and the prices are usually good.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Went to Zellers today and wow...what a joke it was for a "liquidation". Most things were 10% off. Really lame!
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

sad isn't it. and at the end when things are finally 50% off, the stores are a mess, looks like a bomb went off. packages are torn, things are all over the place, and they still want you to pay half price.

the process has been a bit of an insult to cusstomers
    GoJays likes this.
    R

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information