User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Expired
    I just thought that since we're always on the lookout for great deals, we shouldn't forget about our friendly neighbourhood rainchecks.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Most stores offer them when they run out of sale items. But did you know...<o:p></o:p>
    1) Grocery rainchecks are transferable, meaning no personal information is taken down, so you can pass them on to family or friends who missed out on the sale<o:p></o:p>
    2) The average raincheck is valid for 30 days from date of issue. If the product is still not available within those 30 days - or - on the 30th day when you happen to return - the store will re-issue a raincheck for another 30 days<o:p></o:p>
    3) Some stores limit the amount of goods that can be purchased with a raincheck (usually a limit of 6)<o:p></o:p>
    4) An exception to the raincheck policy is sometimes where stated "While quantities last" - although some stores will still issue one to promote customer loyalty if you ask nicely<o:p></o:p>
    5) Zellers rainchecks are valid for TWO YEARS!<o:p></o:p>
    Several times I've found myself at a grocery store twice in one week, and have noticed that a sale item that I previously purchased is now sold out. Getting a raincheck is like having the sale price all over again up to one month later - perfect for those groceries like milk or eggs that you can't really stock up on due to close expiration dates.<o:p></o:p>
    I recently used a Zellers raincheck issued to me LAST APRIL during their dollar event - and bought a bottle of Fructis shampoo for $0.13 after I used my current $1.00 off coupon.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    And I’ve never paid more than $11.77 for the club pack of Pampers wipes at Loblaws (reg. $16.99) – because they never seem to have more than 6 in stock, so I’ve had a running raincheck for the last 4 months where I pick up one box when I need to at the sale price and have my raincheck re-issued due to insufficient quantities.<o:p></o:p>
    So next time you see a sale bin empty, don't forget to take a walk down to customer service and get yourself a deal (or a repeat deal!)

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

great points made.....i use these all the time.....i get BOGO rainchecks then save them till the product goes on sale then you get 2 for sale price...eg. safeway would do diapers BOGO then next week or so they would be $14.99 so i would use raincheck and get 2 for $14.99 instead of $19.99...the BOGO price

This is getting addictive
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wow! that's a great tip, I never thought of combining BOGO with a raincheck!! very clever!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is something that I totally forgot about. But how does it work you just go to customer service and say hi can I get a raincheck? What do I say?

Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

great tips there
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Thanks, I always get rainchecks when a sale item is out of stock but they dont give out rainchecks on special "limited quantities" as you mentioned. Walmart especially doesnt give out raincheck on "limited quantities" which is unfortunate because sometimes these deals are amazing.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh wow. Never even thought of that. Rainchecks!

Does Superstore do them?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

great reminder! I got Sobey's raincheck, however my Walmart doesn't do raincheck.
    Btw, what's BOGO?

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vitabella View Post
    great reminder! I got Sobey's raincheck, however my Walmart doesn't do raincheck.
    Btw, what's BOGO?
    BOGO: Buy One Get One(free)

Trading Score
    131 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shdiep View Post
    Oh wow. Never even thought of that. Rainchecks!

Does Superstore do them?
    Yes, Superstore does rainchecks. In fact, i just got one yesterday for something that was out of stock!

Quote Originally Posted by vitabella View Post
    Btw, what's BOGO?
    BOGO: Buy One Get One(free)

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by red_ivy83 View Post
    That is something that I totally forgot about. But how does it work you just go to customer service and say hi can I get a raincheck? What do I say?
    i allways ask the cashier...just make sure you know what your asking for to make it easy....i usually grab a flyer on the way in...safeway is the best.....not once have they checked to see if they are out

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

SDM gives them but Sobeys doesn't (at least not on the BOGO)

Thanks for the post

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

JUST A NOTE ON RAINCHECKS

instore specials, if they run out, are not usually raincheckable. only for flyer items. i sadly found this out when superstore put the campbells soup bowls down to 1.99. and they were all sold out (on acct of the $1 off coupons on shelf, and free save.ca coupons). when i went to get a raincheck, they searched the flyer, and since it wasn't in the ad. NO RAINCHECK for me.

and a week later, they are still sold out!

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good Information!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great tips.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information