User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would advise all consumers to be extremely careful whenpurchasing Nestle Dolce Gusto products in Canada based on my family’s personalexperience, particularly when this is from a sales stand.

My wife purchased a Nestle Dolce Gusto ‘Circolo’ coffee maker for me as a father’s day giftlast month from a Nescafe Dolce Gusto sales stand in downtown Toronto . I wasreally delighted, but unfortunately it has turned out to be a an extremely disappointingsituation as it appears that we fell for a sales scam organised by the NestleDolce Gusto team in Canada to get rid of expiring capsules through a promotion.

My wife purchased the machine through a sales stand offeringa promo where you get the machine for free by buying ten (10) boxes of thecapsules. She was told it was a final sale; which meant that you could not returnthe machine, but might be able to get it exchanged if it was found to bedefective etc. She had no problem with this.

When I opened the gift on Father’s Day Sunday, I was veryexcited. However as I checked out the various capsule flavours she hadpurchased I noticed something very odd and pointed it out to her. All of the 10capsule boxes she had purchased were expiring between July and September. Wewere shocked.

I called the Nestle Dolce Gusto team in Canada to reportthis and the first agent Angelo acknowledged that this was disappointing butthat he would do his best to get me a favourable resolution. I received a calla few days later from a supervisor who informed me that we would have to livewith the capsules since it was a final sale. When I informed her that this wouldordinarily refer to the machine itself and not near expired products, shestated that even if they expired, we could still drink them afterwards. I thenrepeated her statement to her and stated that this was an unhealthy propositionto suggest and that I was sure she wouldn’t want to be quoted publicly on this.She apologised and said she would try to ensure that something was done tocorrect the errors.

She called me again a few days later to state that she hadtried but was unable to get the capsules exchanged for new ones with longer expiryor BB dates. I informed her that as a senior executive myself with inventorymanagement oversight, I would never subscribe to members of my team pulling afast one on unsuspecting consumers who had relied on brand reputation and trustin purchasing products. I stated that at this stage I was more concerned withethics and principle of the transaction rather than the 10 boxes I was nowsaddled with. There was definitely no way I could finish all of the capsulesbefore their expiry date and I couldn’t give them out either. She then said shewould again seek new channels of resolution and would call me back. She finallycalled me today to state that the outcome was unchanged and I would have tokeep the capsules.

Nestle has been a household brand for my family living whilstliving in 5 countries in Europe and North America and the brand experience hasbeen the main reason for this. We have never encountered such practicesanywhere else and this is shocking. It is surprising that to some at Nestle DolceGusto, the customer experience associated with the brand doesn’t really matteras long as a quick sale is made and I’m sure there are many other individualswith a similar experience who may have kept quiet simply because of the effort it would involve. I’ve chosen towarn others from our experience to simply check the capsules for the BB orexpiry dates whenever purchasing the machines outside a store environment, particularlyon sales stands set up in public places. You may end up stiffed with nearexpiring capsules and never get the products exchanged or your money back likeus. Caveat emptor!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Damuchi; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would write a letter to the CEO of Nestle, go right to the top.
    2011 Wins: TLC "Say Yes to the Dress" Season 3 box set, Bissell Pro-Heat 2X Upright with a years worth of formula....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtpi View Post
    I would write a letter to the CEO of Nestle, go right to the top.
    Thank you for your advice, really appreciate it. I'll do my best to seek out his email or mailing address and send this off promptly.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I had the same issue when buying dolce capsules off of the shopping channel ... they are shipped from the dolce warehouse ... 6 of my 9 boxes (96 cups of coffee) were to expire within 2 months of rcving them.... didn't bother me too much as I know it doesn't do any harm in drinking them after the BB date if they are stored in a cool dry place...but to each their own on that matter.
    I do know they have craptastic service as I have other issues with the dolce products.
    Good luck!

Thread Information