User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Expired
    Since alot of us are talking about making gift Baskets for Christmas with our deals/freebies I thought it may be a good idea to compile a list of the things we could put in the baskets.

If you have an idea - you can just post it here to keep it all together!

In your baskets you could include:

Glade products - from the FPC

P&G Sampler - use some of the items from your pack - razors, shampoo, etc.

Toblerone - use your $1 coupon & get the 50 g bar from Walmart for free

Satin Care Shave Gel - use your $2 coupon on a sale

Gillette Razors - use the $10 coupon & get a gift set at Walmart for c. $8.77

Dove Go Fresh Body Wash - from the FPC

Dove Go Fresh Products - use the $2.50 coupon to get soap or smaller product fairly cheap with a sale.

Johnson & Johnson - get the gift basket - keep together or separate products to put in different baskets

Febreeze Products - get these products for free by using the mail in rebate. (I have extra forms in my trade list if anybody needs any)

Trial Pack of Playtex Tampons - Zellers has these on clearance for $1.09 - use your save.ca coupon for $1 - pay only .9 cents.

Trial Pack of Always Clean - Zellers has these on clearance for about .35 cents.

Crown Royal Labels - after you register on their site click labels where you can personalize some labels to affix to bottles you are giving as gifts (they have 2 sizes available) http://ca.crownroyal.com/

Plus - don't forget to look for clearance sale and use your coupons to get items for just pennies.
    This thread is currently associated with: Save.ca Coupons, Walmart, Zellers
    Last edited by redmouse; Wed, Oct 22nd, 2008 at 08:38 AM.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Gee, I'd love to get a basket from you! LOL

We have the same ideas. I think I've mentioned before, I'm getting travel bags instead of baskets. Waiting for those to go on sale at Wal Mart. Haven't really seen good quality ones anywhere else. I'll be cashing in a lot of my AirMiles for GC's to stick in there as well.

A reminder for anyone who has items left over when their gift list is completed, that women's shelters LOVE to receive items like these. They are always looking for hygiene or household items(even used, but good condition). For the HRM area, Bryony House I know for sure is very appreciative. I donate to them a lot (a friend of mine is on the board).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Don't forget the busy bones for the dogs. They like Christmas too.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just love this idea!! I have all of my shopping done for this year, but this is definatly something I'm going to save up all year to make for next Christmas! And I know I can get things for DH's stocking this way too. :D
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc
    Visit my blog, to read about how I save money on everyday expenses!
    http://stuffthepiggybank.blogspot.com/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Here are a few more ideas

Baskets - I usually buy these in advance - I get left over baskets from Easter when they go on clearance.

For kids - I would use a sand bucket or other container they could possibly store their toys in - $ store is great for these.

For men - if you could find a cheap tool box or something like that.....actually, a year ago I bought a wooden tool box kit at Home depot for under $5 it was just a rectangular box with a wooden dowel for the handle (a good project for the kids to help out) - great to fill with men items! The dollar store may also have small black toolboxes you could use!

Cleaning baskets - If you wanted to give a basket of cleaning supplies you can use a bucket from the dollar store or one of the small stools they sell - just turn it upside down & fill.

If you are doing a large basket I usually buy the willow laundry baskets - you can sometimes get these in different sizes - the Wicker Emporium would be a good place to look. If you find the basket too deep just place a box at the bottom and fill in the sizes with crumpled news paper and place a white garbage bag or tissue paper over it all to make it look neater. Then add your lotions, etc to the top. (cover it with the roll of basket wrap or Saran Wrap)

I like giving the gifts in "baskets" or things they can use afterwards. I once gave my sister a milk crate style container filled with stuff - she would never keep a basket, but did use the crate for storage in her car.

Basket Supplies - I buy the paper shreaded basked filler and clear basket bags (3pk) or rolls from the dollar store - I put on a nice bow or curly ribbon to cover the twist tie.

I try to keep everything a little organized - big & tall stuff in the background, smaller in the front & I also try to put stuff in behind so when you turn the basket around you can see more things. Oh, & use tape - lots of tape! It helps to keep everything in place.

Just take your time and have everything laid out before you start.

That's all I can think of for now - hope that helps

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks Redmouse, this is such a great idea The Dove body wash could go in to.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

These are great housewarming or shower gift ideas too.
    Nettie
    Want to join SWAGBUCKS and earn gift cards? Click on my referral link! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/nichandainc

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Just thought of something else I do,

Every christmas I make alot sweets, mints, cherry balls, etc. & give alot as gifts - I usually get a nice dish or plate from the dollar store & wrap it all with the basket roll.

For smaller gifts of fancy treats I use the wooden boxes with the lids from the dollar store - line it with velumn or fancy paper - put the sweets in the little shiny foil cups and tie the box with the nice ribbon.

(I do this one every year for my sister-in-law because she absolutely loves my cherry balls - I usually decorate a few differently (rolled in coconut - dipped in Chocolate - some with white chocolate swirls) and placed them in the box - it actually looks like they came from a candy store.)

It looks so nice when they take the lid off and see a nice display of sweets.
    Last edited by redmouse; Wed, Oct 22nd, 2008 at 09:54 AM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This year DH & I decided to get a little creative (and same some $ at the same time). For all those hard to buy for people (which is mainly grandparents in our family), we have made a batch of homemade pickles, homemade jelly, jam, and are going to make home made bits & bites when the time gets closer. We are going to take one of each, and put it in a basket for them. We have 5 or 6 people who are getting these items.
    Nettie

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

i would like to find the satin care at some point for $2 -- i have yet to pick any up.. Maybe next weeks sales..

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

For a baby shower or housewarming gift you can use a laundry basket. Those will always come in handy later.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love this, and thats what i'm planning on doing for mychristmas presents this year, actually. Does anyone know where to get the Dove Go Fresh FPC??

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I'm doing this for work. I am donating a basket to the ward to raffle off and funds raised will go towards a girl's night out for the staff.
    I hope to be able to raise enough to buy the chicken wings and the first beer.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    I'm doing this for work. I am donating a basket to the ward to raffle off and funds raised will go towards a girl's night out for the staff.
    I hope to be able to raise enough to buy the chicken wings and the first beer.
    That's a great idea koala - hope you don't mind if I steal it?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Zellers has Eco Crates on sale for $4.97 next week. The crates are made from recycled products such as dashboards it says in the flyer. The colors look to be black, blue, purple and green. I am going to get a few and fill them with free products for gifts.

Also wicker baskets are 30% off.

Sale starts October 25.
    Last edited by amarie; Wed, Oct 22nd, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information