User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: AHHHHH Canada Post

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

i agree it's more likely to be a sorting issue than a mail carrier issue... I can't imagine that no one would notice if a carrier came back with a half full bag of mail after their run

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Are your mail carriers on a 3 day rotation? I know there was talk of that for some cities. I live in a condo building with 112 apts, and I made it a point to get to know my mail carrier. He's a great guy and we chat oftenr if I see his van pull up, I will go out and let him in the building so he doesn't need to do the code thing. I've brought him lemonade on really hot days in the summer, and once in the winter when it was brutally cold, I brought him a nice mug of hot chocolate.

I get all my mail

3 day rotation is only "supposed to be" for admail, not letters, magazines, etc. So if there's a letter or such for you, no matter which third you're in, it's supposed to be delivered. I know here they sweep cases, because you can tell when you go to a depot and 1/3 of every case is completely empty
    Last edited by kremorgan; Tue, Jul 10th, 2012 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Grammar

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    on another note, purolator is even worse!
    I live in an apartment and was having something delivered to me, my apt number is 10, it said 10 on the buzzer (old fashioned buzzer) So after waiting all morning with noone buzzing me, i went downstairs to check and what do you know? my package was sitting on top of the mail boxes!! someone could have stole it!!!
    i get this too. from ups. they dont ring a bell ever. just leave notices so i have to walk to pick up
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I NEVER get mail on Thursdays...

Only every other Monday...

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are hit or miss....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

My parents received their Liberte coupon mid last week, and I haven't received mine yet, so I'm assuming that this the first casualty of Canada Post that I know of.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I received mine in the mail last week no problem.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I'm frustrated with CP lately too. I've had things not show up at all (train envie on the way home...never got my John Freida FPC or Minute Maid coupons I ordered months ago....I'm sure there's more I've forgotten about) and things take their sweet time getting here from a couple hours away. It wasn't like this a few months ago but lately it seems to be quite odd which leads me to believe it's the sorting stations as well. I got an envie from within Ontario yesterday that was sent June 28th. Sorry CP but it just doesn't take that long....smarten up!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Stories like this make me so glad my mom lives in a house a few blocks away from my building. When I am ordering something to be shipped, I always get it sent to her house (with my name on the label). Letters (to my knowledge) have never gotten lost in translation... at least that I know of. But packages, it's just easier for them to leave it at my mom's door (good neighbourhood) than for them to stick the CP sticky on the windows in the lobby. I think I've been pretty lucky, .overall
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

It's getting worse, I'm only getting mail one or two days a week now. I'm so frustrated, it seems like the only thing I can do is move and hope that Canada Post likes that address.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've had quite a few free samples go missing lately. I'm not quite sure what's been going on, if it's a sorting or a carrying issue. Whatever the case, I'd just like to receive my mail.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

I still don't get mail when:

-My neighbour's dogs are out (they are behind a 6 foot fence)

-The once or twice a week my mail ends up in my other neighbours mailbox (they kindly return it me after they get home from work at 6 pm)

Worse than this, my mail has been taking exceptionally long to get anywhere if I use the mailbox near my house. We're talking DAYS and days and days difference (and it's a major postal outlet location!)...but if I waste gas, drive across the city and use the box in front of the tiny little independent convenience store...it goes by air mail or something and gets there in a day.

WHATEVER, CP.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have not gotten mail now since last week... It is now friday and I don't think any will come today either.
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Fri, Aug 3rd, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Also, I am waiting for certain samples of things and they still not have arrived.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ya, didn't receive anything in the mail yesterday. not even a piece of junk mail.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

My mail is hit & miss at the best of times, right now it is just plain awful. Went for an entire week with no mail, then got piles on one day, and nothing since.

I have the same issues as IBR if I mail locally (nearest mail box & box in nearest town) mail takes FOREVER (in fact I'm SURE it's not picked up daily) if I drive it to the next biggest town 25 min away it can make it anywhere in just a few days (usually!)

Last week we had an issue where an envelope was clearly sliced open prior to being delivered and the GC inside (for DD's birthday) removed. I called CP and the only answer I got was "the carrier should have noticed it and put it in a damaged mail bag" .....that's it, they just brushed it off as a common event......

On the upside we get a new mail delivery person in another week...so hopefully some of the issues will be sorted

Ok rant over....I feel better......
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Fri, Aug 3rd, 2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: i cant spell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information