User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Sobeys not accepting websaver.ca or smartsource.ca

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I went to Sobeys on the West Side and they said they are no longer accepting websaver.ca or the printed smartsource.ca coupons. I can maybe understand the smartsource because they are printed. But why not websaver? Bummer. I'm not sure if this is just at the West Side Sobeys or all of them.
    This thread is currently associated with: Smart Source, Sobeys, Websaver

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

When I inquired via email to head office about coupon acceptance for Sobeys a few months ago, I was told that they don't accept printed coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have always had problems with Sobey's West regarding any type of coupon. When we had the FPC for Chocolate Cheerios a few months back they wouldn't take that Websaver coupon. The reason--it had two bar codes on it! They never accept the Facebook $1 off on Lean Cuisine either. I normally just go to Sobey's North and use all types of coupons with no issues.
    sarah_300c and darlataz like this.

Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I'll try Sobeys North next time I go shopping. I never think to go there.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is an answer to an email I sent complaining about the treatment I received when using coupons. By the time I left, I felt like I was stealing from them. The last line is the kicker. They are not franchised so why is the policy different from store to store and province to province. I will just start shopping where coupons are accepted.

We accept original coupons for products we sell, providing the coupon is intact and legible, proper size of item is purchased, coupon has not expired, has a coupon offer code or UPC, and it contains a Canadian redemption address. We accept one coupon per item. Coupon amount may not exceed purchase price of item.

Internet coupons may be accepted if they meet the above and the following criteria:
    o There must be a picture of the product on the coupon.
    o The printed coupon must not be blurry.
    o The face value of the coupon cannot exceed $5.00 off.
    o We do not accept free product internet coupons.
    o The expiry date should not exceed 6 weeks from the day it was printed. All internet coupons will have an expiry date visible.
    o The coupon must have a Canadian redemption address.
    o The coupon must have only one UPC (i.e. bar code).
    o The coupon must say "INTERNET COUPON" to be legitimate.

In regards to BOGO items, a coupon may be accepted for the item purchased but not for the free item.

Coupon acceptance is at the discretion of store management.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The two barcode thing I don't understand. Websaver coupons have a barcode and then a smeared patch that sort of looks like a QR code, but definitely is not another bar code. It's probably just something that they scan after they get the coupons back after redemption to keep track of the numbers, locations, etc.

Discretion of store management is just an excuse to not accept any coupon, at any time, for any reason, without explanation.
    darlataz likes this.

Trading Score
    693 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lmartin65018 View Post
    They are not franchised so why is the policy different from store to store and province to province.
    I agree. It should not be at the discretion of the store manager. The managers should all follow the same set of rules because they are not franchised.

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Funny, I've never had an issue at the west side Sobey's.. it's where I do the majority of my food shopping. So much that I'm on a first name basis with some of the supervisor's, who I find to be down right sweet. There are 2 cashier's that will sometimes give me a hard time, but I usually encourage them to call their supervisor over, & that puts an end to things. I'm well known there, I know what's allowed & what's not & don't try what's not.

The websaver coupons that you were using.. were they printables? or the mail to home? Sobey's is well known for not accepting printables or being really restrictive on what they will accept, so I don't even bother trying.

If you have any questions, I'd reccomend you try speaking with "Ann" at west side Sobey's. She's a sweetheart, she's usually a supervisor, but sometimes works cash as well, very open to couponers. There's also a couple guy supervisors that are really friendly too.
    sarah_300c likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Yesterday, at the west side Sobey's, they would not take a regular old coupon because the expiry date was more than six weeks away!!

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by nstevens View Post
    Yesterday, at the west side Sobey's, they would not take a regular old coupon because the expiry date was more than six weeks away!!
    That is not normal. I would have asked for the manager or at the very least a supervisor to be brought in. There is always 2 or 3 supervisors on at any given time at the west side Sobey's, and I've always found them to be happy to help

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

http://www.sobeys.com/en/About-us/FAQ.aspx

Sobey's NOW allows overages

Q: What is Sobeys' coupon policy?

A:

As a Corporate policy for Sobeys West, please see the following guidelines below.

Sobeys West locations include: All of Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta. Ontario; Red Lake Sobeys & Dryden IGA only. British Columbia; Chetwyn IGA, Fort Nelson IGA, Fort St. John Sobeys, Golden Sobeys & Invermere Sobeys only.

Vendor Coupons

• Coupons are issued by some companies as a rebate on their products and should be treated as a form of tender media.
    • Coupons should be claimed anytime before the transaction is finished.
    • One coupon only can be used against each item purchased.
    • No reproductions/ photocopies of vendor coupons.
    • Coupon cannot be redeemed against a free item.
    • Coupon amount can exceed the retail value of the item and 'cash back' can be given or the extra amount can be applied against the remainder of the customer's order.
    • Verify the following on all coupons
      • Expiration date
      • Mailing address must be in Canada
    • One of the following inscriptions should appear
      • To the merchant
      • To the retailer
      • To the franchise
      • To the dealer
    • Cannot be a 'Mailing coupon' - to be mailed in by the Customers

Internet Coupons

• Same guidelines as vendor coupons
    • Have a valid product name
    • They are acceptable in black, white and in color
    • Can be buy one, get one free coupons
    • Have a Canadian remittance/redemption address (e.g. P.O. Box 3000 Saint John, NB)
    • Have a valid expiry date
    • Limited to one coupon per item purchased
    • Will not be accepted for free product, but will be accepted for BOGO
    • Are acceptable in black & white and color
    • Must not be blurry
    • Must have a UPC
    • Redemption value per coupon cap $25

Competitor Coupons

• We do not accept competitor coupons

Club Sobeys Coupons

• Club Sobeys bonus coupons are to be accepted in colour and/or in black and white. This applies to email exclusives, direct mail, and quarterly statements.
    • All Club Sobeys bonus coupons must contain a plu or a scan able barcode to be considered legitimate.
    • Sobeys/Club Sobeys mobile coupons to be accepted upon verification of plu by the cashier on the customer's handheld device.
    • The coupons must meet all printed terms and conditions to be accepted.
    • All Club Sobeys coupons state in the legal that they can only be used for 'one item per transaction per customer.
    • We also comply with the vendor coupon restrictions. (e.g. One coupon per product per purchase, one coupon per product etc.)

PLEASE NOTE: We encourage all customers to visit this portion of our website regularly to verify any updates that may be made to our coupon policy.

Last updated: May, 2012

I can't imagine Sobey's Atlantic having a different (much different policy) ?!?
    Last edited by <3 My $aving$ <3; Wed, Jul 25th, 2012 at 02:12 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tantum View Post
    That is not normal. I would have asked for the manager or at the very least a supervisor to be brought in. There is always 2 or 3 supervisors on at any given time at the west side Sobey's, and I've always found them to be happy to help

The cashier called over a supervisor to question about the coupon. The supervisor (she had blondish coloured hair) was the one that said, after looking through some sheets on a clipboard, that their policy is now to not accept coupons with an expiry date six weeks past today's date.

I am just getting very frustrated shopping at Sobey's. No Frills and the Superstore are just so much easier.

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Hmm, blondish hair... as in streaked blonde?

I don't know what to tell you, I've never had these issues at Sobey's west. In fact I've found them to probably be the best place in town to use my coupons. And I've done it all there, even locked up the terminal so I need to cash out & get a refund because there's just TOO many coupons.

I'll be in there this weekend, I'll look for my go to girl Anne & ask her about this, sorry I know it's not much help, but I'll get some answers about what's going on. I'll let you know what I find out

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

I spoke with Anne & Tim (the manager) nothing has changed at Sobey's for their coupon policy.

They DO accept coupons that expire 6 weeks past today's date. As long as they are not internet printed coupons, so websaver that mail to your home, tear pad, insert coupons are all ok. This only applies to coupons you print from the internet. The exception to this is ones that come directly from Sobey's.

Honestly, Sobey's has the strictest internet printable coupon policy that I never reccomend anyone ever take them there.

But again, nothing has changed at Sobey's west or any other Sobey's. In my opinion, they are one of the best places aside from WM to take your coupons.

Smart Canuck couponclippercaitie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    171 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nstevens View Post
    That happened to me at the east side sobeys, I just asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor then reminded the cashier the "6 week policy" only applied to coupons printed off the computer... She was NOT budging though until the super came over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information