User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've had no problems with WM. I once took a flyer showing baby food 10 for $4. So the lady had to figure out the individual price and ring each of my 20 jars in individually and then override each price one at a time. She didn't seem to mind. They have advertising all throughout the store that says 'we ad match' or something like that.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The only problem I have had at WM is that the cashier didn't know how to do it and having stood there when it was explained a few times I had to walk her through it myself but she was happy to price match
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was at Superstore in Toronto, they don't price match.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Save-On-Foods
    Superstore
    I don't think they match prices.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

great info thanks
    I am a "senior canuck" but have been away from the site for awhile.. Please be patient with me as I go through and re-learn the ins and outs, do's and don'ts once again. . I look forward to chatting and trading with all of you

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

My local Superstore said they will ONLY price match the products on the FIRST page of their flyer that read "Lowest Price Gauranteed" anything else in the flyer you are SOL. Now I've been reading here that Zellers Price Matches. I've never tried and looked around their website and sure enough when I clicked on links such as "FAQ's, Customer Service" etc, all of them were "invalid" so I couldn't even look online for their policy. Having said that, I find that at Zellers the cashiers don't even know how to apply a coupon, so I'm not sure I'd have the patience to see if they know how to Price Match!

Edit:

I was just flipping through the Zellers ad that I got in the mail and noticed that on the bottom it does mention price compare. I'm going to try it out tomorrow!
    Last edited by TaraF; Sun, Jul 5th, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

i want to do a price match to no frills....but i don't get the flyer, so guess i'm outta luck (i'm wanting some herbal essences for 1.99) lol
    Join Swagbucks and earn free stuff now!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/star2009
    Amazon.ca Giftcards ordered ~ 15

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I tried to PM at Save On Foods today, I was told they stopped doing that over 5 years ago....does anyone know? If not, I'll contact SOF to get an answer.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

I emailed SOF but haven't gotten a response yet.

Does anyone know if Save On Foods price match to other flyers?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

do you mean 110% is match 100% plus an additional 10% off?
    so if I couldnt get a computer at sdm (real story) and took it to future shop they would have priced matched and taken an additional 10% off?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    32 (97%)

I know that Home Depot has a beat or better policy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TaraF View Post
    My local Superstore said they will ONLY price match the products on the FIRST page of their flyer that read "Lowest Price Gauranteed" anything else in the flyer you are SOL. Now I've been reading here that Zellers Price Matches. I've never tried and looked around their website and sure enough when I clicked on links such as "FAQ's, Customer Service" etc, all of them were "invalid" so I couldn't even look online for their policy. Having said that, I find that at Zellers the cashiers don't even know how to apply a coupon, so I'm not sure I'd have the patience to see if they know how to Price Match!

Edit:

I was just flipping through the Zellers ad that I got in the mail and noticed that on the bottom it does mention price compare. I'm going to try it out tomorrow!
    I price matched last week some Staples school supplies at Zellers no problem.Just bought it for a Tools for Schools donation.Hopefully you will have no problem to with price matching.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TechW View Post
    Hi! Here's a question: if I go to price match walmart prices @ zellers (for instance, the royale TP that's on sale until March 13 @ Walmart) and zellers is "out of stock" of this item, can I get a rain check for the price matched price @ zellers?

I went to two zellers today to pm the toilet paper: both were out but conveniently had the 16-roll in abundance. i'm sure on march 14, zellers'll be "back in stock" of the 12- and 24-roll of royale...

anybody know the answer to this one?
    I always assumed this would not be do-able but I will ask next time I'm at the store. Why don't you do the same -- I find some policies are not consistent store to store.

I PM often at the Zellers I shop at, and use a lot of coupons there. I rarely have any problems -- except maybe when there's a newbie cashier who doesn't know what to do. Sometimes if my purchase is a bit complicated, I will say to the head cashier -- who I've gotten to know from shopping there so often -- I'm doing a price match, a discount, a raincheck, and coupons -- which cashier should I go to? Then I make a point of going to that cashier in the future.

Just fyi, re: PMing at CT, the 10% is supposed to be on the difference in price, and is given in CT money.

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sun, Aug 16th, 2009 at 04:28 AM.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Ok, I asked. My Zellers says it does not give rainchecks if they are out of stock of an item you wanted to PM. If your Zellers says otherwise, please post and let us know!

Silk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find the price match experience in most stores fairly mixed and arbitrary. It is pretty much done on a case by case basis and it is really YMMV. Some managers will do almost anything they can to deny a price match, claiming that the product is different or they cannot verify stock. For more significant items with stores that as a "we'll beat it by X% policy", I find it very helpful to actually purchase the item at the more expensive place (provided that you can return it), and then physically carry that item with the receipt to the price matching store. That way, they would have no excuse that the item is not the same or otherwise unavailable. Worked great for me for Staples and Best Buy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information