Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2156
Like Tree1264Likes

Thread: Deals, Questions, Info. General Chatting and Skanky Mischief

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Marche 440 strawberries $30 a case

Corn $6.50 /DZ
    I hate 440 market, they often have crazy price for fortunate people (except few producer)

But in the other end, we need water, we need alot of water.
    Some "ruisseaux" (watercourse?) I never saw dry in the past 10 years are dry this summer.
    Farmer need to shoot water... but if water source are empty they can't.

I have at least 3 neighbors having shortage problem with water in their house...
    groundwater level is now too low for their well
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    I hate 440 market, they often have crazy price for fortunate people (except few producer)

But in the other end, we need water, we need alot of water.
    Some "ruisseaux" (watercourse?) I never saw dry in the past 10 years are dry this summer.
    Farmer need to shoot water... but if water source are empty they can't.

I have at least 3 neighbors having shortage problem with water in their house...
    groundwater level is now too low for their well

This was the producer today that was $30, 2 weeks ago it was $16 , obviously I bought nothing.

The river is so low this year I always go by how far out the rocks are in front of the damn and right now you can walk halfway out. Never saw that before.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Bad that the producer also put his strawberry at that price
    for sure we are switched to the fall's strawberry... usually they are more expensive because they cost more and need more attention to produce. But 30$ this is insane. Who want to pay 30$ a case, who accept that? IMAO this is someone having alot of extra money to spend and want strawberry now or someone ignorant of the price. Anyway, who could feed a family for a week if they buy strawberry at 30$ a case... I don't want the grocery weekly budget of those people!

You know, I'm happy to buy local products, but I'm not for the increasing price some producer play because this is the trend and people are welling to pay more. I know everything go with "ask and offer", but some just rise the price too much.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

There are only 2 producers left at 440 one for strawberries and one for corn. Both are trying to compete with the fruiterie du marche or whatever they used to be called Caroline. I hate them and wont' buy from them but they set the price.

Another thing with 440 is now there are condos going up all around it do they are catering to a trendier group. The prices will become like Anjou or Atwater market and we will have to search further our for producers.
    AnnieP and 2010ontest like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Ontest, I'm near Marché Atwater and I tell you people from Westmount spends a lot of money on fruit. They really don't care about paying 30$ a case of strawberry. For them, fresh fruits and veggies are for eat anyway. I know it's probably fresher at market then it could be at grocery store. But, have you ever pay 8$ for a small container of cerises de terre? Last year, some of them do it. I was like .

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    Bad that the producer also put his strawberry at that price
    for sure we are switched to the fall's strawberry... usually they are more expensive because they cost more and need more attention to produce. But 30$ this is insane. Who want to pay 30$ a case, who accept that? IMAO this is someone having alot of extra money to spend and want strawberry now or someone ignorant of the price. Anyway, who could feed a family for a week if they buy strawberry at 30$ a case... I don't want the grocery weekly budget of those people!

You know, I'm happy to buy local products, but I'm not for the increasing price some producer play because this is the trend and people are welling to pay more. I know everything go with "ask and offer", but some just rise the price too much.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

You know what's funny: The Atwater and Jean-Talon markets have been built to allow citizens "poor" to procure fresh produce directly from the producer, at a reasonable cost and affordable. Since the construction of luxury condos near the Lachine Canal, buy something at the Atwater market becomes a luxury.
    I think the future of families in modest budget remains the "family farmer" or the garden (even in urban areas). But with seven people in the house, I can not have land large enough to provide and supply everyone the whole year.
    There are only 2 producers left at 440 one for strawberries and one for corn. Both are trying to compete with the fruiterie du marche or whatever they used to be called Caroline. I hate them and wont' buy from them but they set the price.

Another thing with 440 is now there are condos going up all around it do they are catering to a trendier group. The prices will become like Anjou or Atwater market and we will have to search further our for producers.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I know Annie, and I can't

Imagine, this friday I get a grocery bag full of fresh organic cucumber from my producer where I take my weekly veggies basket... It was 2nd quality (not for fresher but for look) I paid 4$ for that grocery bag full of organic cucumber.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The Natrel Tour is at my local supermarket today.
    I've been looking forward to this since I first saw the signs up at my Metro supermarket over a week ago.
    Went with the boyfriend and almost four year old niece.
    Just two cows and three baby ducks. But that was plenty. My niece loved the ducks. Didn't want anything to do with the cows.

You can see where their next events will be on their facebook page (should be updated soon). http://www.facebook.com/natrel
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    abouret and snuffaluffagus like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

It's between Querbes and L'Acadie to the west and Jean Talon to Cremazie North. There are several little Market shops on Liege street where we went.
    Thanks again... we went there on our way home from Kahnawakeand I have new food to play with. I'll be heading back there some time soon to explore properly though.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

yup quite a few little stores just on that block

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Got the Baboo FPC today AnnieP
    AnnieP likes this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks Patty!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Annie, I received the 2 FPCs.

As well, I went to WM with DS this afternoon to get dishtowels since he threw all of mine away. Anywho, I found 2 Marc Angelo coupons with no expiry date for $1 off sausages. Why would ppl throw away coupons? With NED on top of that?!!
    AnnieP and abouret like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks GeorgiaK!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

received the natrel baboo for annieP also
    AnnieP likes this.

Page 126 of 144 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast

Thread Information