• 3 Post By JasmineMcdonald
  • 4 Post By JasmineMcdonald
  • 1 Post By JasmineMcdonald
  • 2 Post By i_love_to_save
  • 1 Post By wolfwoman

Thread: Walmart what happened?

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Okay so I am one of those blessed people who gets the wonderful joy of shopping on the weekend.
    I was at walmart this past sunday and I had a strange experience.
    I had about 15 coupons - There was only 3 tills open other than the 12 items or less line up.. Of course it started off that I spent 45 minutes lined up waiting.
    There is a little girl behind me in line who is absolutely facinated with my coupons she is picking them up and reading them, its adorable.. She catches me watching and gets embarressed...
    Finally I get to the front and I unload everything, and all my coupons are organized etc;
    She puts through 10 or so coupons and since I am always paying attention to the scanner I notice that she has only scanned 3 bottles of windex when it should be 4. I say to her "hey, that last windex didn't scan right..
    She looks at me and says "you don't work here, you don't know what you are talking about."
    I was really taken by surprise because I've never had any hastles at this pert; walmart.
    I said "But doesn't it mess up inventory statements?"
    She said "you are not authorised to know. It doesn't matter."
    I figured, okay I guess I will just go talk to a manager once I'm out of line... I really didn't feel like dealing with her.
    Then I notice that she also has not put my 2 windex BOGO coupons thru.
    I say, "The windex coupons haven't gone thru."
    She says "It is none of your business. You are saving the money anyway, you just don't know how things work."
    I don't respond because I don't want to say anything mean (and only nasty little comebacks are floating around in my head right now).
    She then smirks at me scans a bottle of tabasco sauce I was buying an quickly pops the coupon in the coupon spot - without entering it.
    I say "you forgot to enter that coupon" (I'm always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt)
    She continues smirking and says "Don't even bother".
    Then all is left is items that don't have coupons so she does fine with those..
    Before racing over to a manager who has helped me before I circled the 3 mistakes that happened - meanwhile the mother behind me in line is getting given such a hard time about her maiti card.
    He is quick and enlists someone to help right away. I say the woman at register 9 needs some help too..
    He heads over there and I head away with my help... She takes me over to CS and she tells me to come to the front.. About 25 people are in line (poor them) but I got to cut. I am left in the care of another CS rep and she is so quick. We talked about a bunch of stuff and she also mentioned that at walmart tax of the product is removed so she did that.. She offers to go back and do the same with all my groceries but during our conversation I had found out that she was actually off duty so I said thats okay..
    So I got my $7.66 back in coupons..
    I spent $83
    Saved $26.66 with coupons!

During everything that little girl was close by watching.. I hope that in the future, she will start couponing too!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart
    Last edited by JasmineMcdonald; Tue, Jul 17th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    jessep13, walkonby and wolfwoman like this.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that little girl sounds so cute! I cant stand those snarky people who try not to let others get the good deal or save money. Glad you were able to get everything sorted out. Did that cashier get a talking to?
    join my superpoints network and get gifts card for amazon , or paypal, or rewards.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/skid13_mm
    http://www.surveysavvy.com/?m=4263495

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

She did, I forgot to mention that I spoke with both the manager and the supervisor and let them know all the things she said..
    The CS rep also was mad at her because on each coupon she wrote a funny price; like when the item was $2.98 she wrote on the front of the coupon $1.98.. Very confusing!
    Yes, I saw them talking to her and she was glaring at me so I know they handled it..
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i always look for the cheerful cashiers at WM ....because I expect to get hassled... and form an ever growing line behind me

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by millak View Post
    i always look for the cheerful cashiers at WM ....because I expect to get hassled... and form an ever growing line behind me
    All the cheerful ones were on the 12 items or less tills!
    FrugalKris likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Woww, i am sorry that cashier was such and idiot,,... on another note, i was at WM on friday night and i saw the manager with a buggy full of products (bread, hot dogs etc) so i told my husband "oh well well well look at her pm" and he is like "no she is not pm, look what she is doing" i turned around and she was pulling out the bread after looking at a flyer, so she was taking the product off the shelves so people couldn't PM!!!!! No wonder why when i go there to PM there is none on shelves
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    Woww, i am sorry that cashier was such and idiot,,... on another note, i was at WM on friday night and i saw the manager with a buggy full of products (bread, hot dogs etc) so i told my husband "oh well well well look at her pm" and he is like "no she is not pm, look what she is doing" i turned around and she was pulling out the bread after looking at a flyer, so she was taking the product off the shelves so people couldn't PM!!!!! No wonder why when i go there to PM there is none on shelves
    Holy C**P! My jaw dropped reading this!!
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineMcdonald View Post
    Okay so I am one of those blessed people who gets the wonderful joy of shopping on the weekend.
    I was at walmart this past sunday and I had a strange experience.
    I had about 15 coupons - There was only 3 tills open other than the 12 items or less line up.. Of course it started off that I spent 45 minutes lined up waiting.
    There is a little girl behind me in line who is absolutely facinated with my coupons she is picking them up and reading them, its adorable.. She catches me watching and gets embarressed...
    Finally I get to the front and I unload everything, and all my coupons are organized etc;
    She puts through 10 or so coupons and since I am always paying attention to the scanner I notice that she has only scanned 3 bottles of windex when it should be 4. I say to her "hey, that last windex didn't scan right..
    She looks at me and says "you don't work here, you don't know what you are talking about."
    I was really taken by surprise because I've never had any hastles at this pert; walmart.
    I said "But doesn't it mess up inventory statements?"
    She said "you are not authorised to know. It doesn't matter."
    I figured, okay I guess I will just go talk to a manager once I'm out of line... I really didn't feel like dealing with her.
    Then I notice that she also has not put my 2 windex BOGO coupons thru.
    I say, "The windex coupons haven't gone thru."
    She says "It is none of your business. You are saving the money anyway, you just don't know how things work."
    I don't respond because I don't want to say anything mean (and only nasty little comebacks are floating around in my head right now).
    She then smirks at me scans a bottle of tabasco sauce I was buying an quickly pops the coupon in the coupon spot - without entering it.
    I say "you forgot to enter that coupon" (I'm always trying to give people the benefit of the doubt)
    She continues smirking and says "Don't even bother".
    Then all is left is items that don't have coupons so she does fine with those..
    Before racing over to a manager who has helped me before I circled the 3 mistakes that happened - meanwhile the mother behind me in line is getting given such a hard time about her maiti card.
    He is quick and enlists someone to help right away. I say the woman at register 9 needs some help too..
    He heads over there and I head away with my help... She takes me over to CS and she tells me to come to the front.. About 25 people are in line (poor them) but I got to cut. I am left in the care of another CS rep and she is so quick. We talked about a bunch of stuff and she also mentioned that at walmart tax of the product is removed so she did that.. She offers to go back and do the same with all my groceries but during our conversation I had found out that she was actually off duty so I said thats okay..
    So I got my $7.66 back in coupons..
    I spent $83
    Saved $26.66 with coupons!

During everything that little girl was close by watching.. I hope that in the future, she will start couponing too!
    Some people are just naturally miserable. Glad you got your money and she got a talking to.
    ishyx0x likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm so sorry that the cashier treated you that way. There is o call for that kind of behaviour, and if she was having a bad day, maybe she should have done a job stuck in the back in the stock room, not dealing with customers. I would hope she was given a stearn warning.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ugh I've had cashiers do that with the inventory too. They don't seem to understand that you need to input the coupon properly. They even do it with FPCs! It makes me wonder whether they steal the coupons to use them for themselves later . The condescending attitude needs to go too
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information