User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Costco Store Hours Complaint

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krazytwacy View Post
    I work there and I have to tell you that this is one of the things that keep employees working there. LOL The hours have been this way for years and hasn't effected sales at all so I don't think it will change anytime soon. They actually have changed the way they run the business. At one time you couldn't get a membership unless you owned a business and when they opened the membership up executive members could be the first in the store and shop between the hours of 1030 to noon then from noon on other members were welcome to come in to the store.
    They have now opened the membership to non business owners but still that is there main focus is the business owner.
    I hope they don't change the hours but that is mainly because I wouldn't want to work past 530 on Sundays and past 6 on saturdays and even the weekday hours are nice. At Walmart and Superstore there employees can work up to 1 am. BLAH.
    Thanks for explaining.
    Yes, quality of life for workers is a nice perk.
    Do you like working there?
    Are they good to their employees?
    Thx.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Went to Costco Ajax recently. In February, the service was awful -- cashier was very rude, because I could not read her mind.

This time, the pricing on the plants was weird so I was trying to find someone to check the price. Saw the floater guy going between cashiers and chased him. They were all yelling at me - like I was going to steal the products. So I yelled back that I need a price check and how do you get one in this massive store.

Bought the bananas only. The vitamins and natural food products are good. We will probably only get a membership every TWO years now because the employees are so rude.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Went to Costco Ajax recently. In February, the service was awful -- cashier was very rude, because I could not read her mind.

This time, the pricing on the plants was weird so I was trying to find someone to check the price. Saw the floater guy going between cashiers and chased him. They were all yelling at me - like I was going to steal the products. So I yelled back that I need a price check and how do you get one in this massive store.

Bought the bananas only. The vitamins and natural food products are good. We will probably only get a membership every TWO years now because the employees are so rude.

I do see why they would freak out since you tried to pass the cashiers without paying. It's their way of loss prevention (same as the checker at the exit that looks at your receipt).

I've always seen a little counter with a computer just passed the cashiers (not customer service). Just leave whatever it is at an empty cash and ask that person to check for you. The people here are always awesome.

Except for the new cashiers that are nervous lol. I always get harassed by them when I'm with my mom, she uses her card (we both have memberships) and I pass her debit for her (she rathers me do it since it means her glasses stay in her purse). None of the regular cashiers ever have this problem.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post

It's too bad you had such an awful shopping trip. Funny you should mention it, my sister had a bad experience there too in the past couple of months - she lives in Calgary. There is more than one Costco, so she has the option to go to another location (but she shouldn't have to do that).

You could write a formal complaint letter and send it to management. They'll need your member number to follow up on the incident. I've never had super-friendly service there, but it's never been outright rude. They have a business model where they want customers to be happy with their purchases, well, this should include customer over-all satisfaction too.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like shopping at Costco (Edmonton....the Clairview one). Find staff very friendly and helpful.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Given the fact that Costco usually has people lined up in the aisles with overflowing carts, I don't expect they'll extend their hours anytime soon. Given that they are extremely successful and obviously very smart retailers, I'll bet they have looked at extending their hours and crunched the numbers many times over. My guess is that they know they wouldn't increase their profit margin by doing so, so their hours stay the same and their employees remain happy. I find Costco employees very friendly and helpful.
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Mar 18th, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've had very good experiences in Costco, although I will agree they don't have staff in the aisles to help if you need it. I love that place.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

can someone who shops at Costco regulary give me a PM? I have a few questions after watching a special on them on CNBC

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I miss the days when stores were closed on Sundays & people actually stayed home & spent time with there family. I use to work in retail & hated working Fri. nights & Saturdays. I feel bad for the people that get stuck working on weekends. Now with stores starting to open on Saturday nights too it doesn't give their workers much of a life. Some might like the hours, but I'm sure that others wouldn't.
    matrix82, nightlite and DianneS like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are not going to change. Society is changing and now there a lot of people that do not work the Mon-Fri and off Sat and Sun so they know that for 99% their hours work and has been mentioned it would cost more then it is worth . We all have preferences, like I would prefer they open earlier but I know I am in the minority.
    Last edited by nwf1946; Sun, Jun 24th, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mwieler View Post
    I totally agree!
    Now about my husband being with me when I shop......our currant costco card is in his name and we want to get me one too, but it just seems that everytime we're there,we just want to get what we need and get out. It would problably only take a few minutes,but always seem to be in a hurry,there always so much that needs to be done when we do go shopping,since it's an hour drive we want to get as much done as we can.
    Hope that answers your question.
    Honestly, it only does take minutes, one good option could be you run in to do your shopping, have your husband in the meantime go put your name on the membership then you can pick up your card at your leisure anytime you want so long as you have photo ID. So even if you don't pick up your card that day cause you're in a rush the next time it will be ready for you to pick up just stop by there on your way in.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by slayer_glade View Post
    I do see why they would freak out since you tried to pass the cashiers without paying. It's their way of loss prevention (same as the checker at the exit that looks at your receipt).

I've always seen a little counter with a computer just passed the cashiers (not customer service). Just leave whatever it is at an empty cash and ask that person to check for you. The people here are always awesome.

Except for the new cashiers that are nervous lol. I always get harassed by them when I'm with my mom, she uses her card (we both have memberships) and I pass her debit for her (she rathers me do it since it means her glasses stay in her purse). None of the regular cashiers ever have this problem.
    This but, at the same time they should not be yelling at anyone. Tempting as it may be working in that environment. I do recommend that if you're ever in that situation that you need a price check ask the first cashier you see for an assistant. Their assistant is available to do more than pack your buggy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love working for Costco and I assure you when I am working I help the members as much as I can I want them to leave happy and I am very sad when they don't. My store right now (sad to say) I don't think lives up to the service that Costco wants. Trust me they want very good customer service. I was at Costco Clearview in Edmonton and that store does live up to it. That store will almost do anything to make the members happy. I learned from them. So I know I give great customer service and if I have a member that I am dealing with I will do everything I can to put a smile on there face. Costco is an awesome employer and the staff is well paid.

Trading Score
    0 (50%)

Manitoba is about to burst the bublle on Sunday Shopping!

http://www.gov.mb.ca/labour/standard...factsheet.html
    What are the new hours allowed for Sunday shopping?

Shopping hours are allowed for any period between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
    starting August 1, 2012 if the municipality has passed a by-law.

Winnipeg has passed the By~Law
    as such Costcos are Opening at 10am as of August 1st...
    Walmart/Safeway/Sobeys/SDM/GT/RCSS are all opening at 9am
    So that's 3 extra hours every Sunday and certainly it will affect their bottom line

Let me tell you it's causing a furor among retail Employees
    as they are being asked to have to work 1 Sunday/Month
    Like it or not.

In ONE YEAR they will review to see if they should extend Sunday Shopping hours to that of AB
    9am ~ 9 pm

Most stores are open to 11pm every weeknight and Saturdays as it is
    Walmart/Sobeys/RCSS are open as early as 6am here!
    Some SDMs are 24 hrs.

I used to work retail and it sucked back then, only saving grace was that we were closed on Sundays
    (Family Operated Butcher Shoppe & Deli) open from 9~7 / 6 days a week
    and people STILL complained we weren't open long enough !

i LIVE WITHIN CRAWLING dISTANCE OF A mAJOR mALL (pOLO pARK)
    Safeway / Family Foods / Superstore / Costco / SDM / Dollorama / Walmart / Dollar Tree (new)
    Food fare / GT / Sobeys are not far away either

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information