User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hey all! I don't necessarily have a review, but more of a question...I purchased some Neutrogena WetSkin for kids (it was a great price with coupon) and when I applied it to myself to test it I found the scent to be rather offensive. Not at all like regular sunscreens, almost more chemically smelling. Has anyone else tried it? What is your experience with it?

I was wondering if maybe mine might be a one off and defective, but before I head back to the store to exchange it, I thought I would ask around first. I was really drawn to the fact that this product is PABA-free, but wondering if that is the reason for the 'unusual' scent.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    100 (99%)

Did you have the spray stuff or the lotion? We bought the lotion (with coupon of course) and found it to have a different smell than most other sunscreens. Even the consistency is a bit off.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was wondering if maybe mine might be a one off and defective

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I bought the spray. My friend mentioned the consistency was different with her lotion, but she was just using the reg. neutrogena sunscreen, not wet kids. When I tried that one I didn't notice any smell at all.

Anyways, glad I am not the only one who thinks it stinks!

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've used this on the daycare children, and I thought it smelled bad too, even though it was brand new. Although I never use sunscreen myself so I don't much to compare it too.
    Earn Paypal $ or Amazon gift cards every week doing searches and surveys with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/xXtiggerXx
    Earn quick money with short/easy surveys from Legerweb: https://legerweb.com/FOF6P

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

I have both the lotion and the spray. Both stink(compared to Hawaiian Tropic and Banana Boat)

It doesn't smell as bad as Coopertone(IMO)

But, it works... amazing. So, I can deal with the smell

I would rather small bad for a second... then have the awful pain of the sunburn.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

It is total crap! We used copper tone the whole time in Jamaica except the second last day we used this (spray for wet skin) We were burnt and it seemed like I was reapplying all the time. Went through 2 bottles in one day! I will never buy it again. I am sticking to copper tone sport spray- not one of us has got burnt with it.
    I would not recommend it at all.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    It is total crap! We used copper tone the whole time in Jamaica except the second last day we used this (spray for wet skin) We were burnt and it seemed like I was reapplying all the time. Went through 2 bottles in one day! I will never buy it again. I am sticking to copper tone sport spray- not one of us has got burnt with it.
    I would not recommend it at all.

I felt like we were having to re apply it constantly, too. I now only use it on days where we are not in the sun much or there is lots of cloud cover. I save the coppertone for very hot, sunny days.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    I have both the lotion and the spray. Both stink(compared to Hawaiian Tropic and Banana Boat)

It doesn't smell as bad as Coopertone(IMO)

But, it works... amazing. So, I can deal with the smell

I would rather small bad for a second... then have the awful pain of the sunburn.
    My fear is the chemicals my son is ingesting when I apply it, it smells so bad. We only apply outside, ventilated area and I cover his face. Then use Coppertone lotion on his face.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MomOfOne79 View Post
    My fear is the chemicals my son is ingesting when I apply it, it smells so bad. We only apply outside, ventilated area and I cover his face. Then use Coppertone lotion on his face.
    I don't know anything about how bad it is for us to ingest.... I never use a spray on my face either. I tried to find something online about it and came up with nothing.... maybe you could write Neutrogena and ask them?

Banana Boat makes a nice smelling spray for children/babies if you ever find it for the right price.

Enjoy the sun

Thread Information