User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I was recently approached to become a member of the Motor Club of America (which is similar to AAA). By becoming a member and paying for benefits ($20 a month) and getting others to do the same, you get paid. I have searched and searched the web to try to prove to myself that this is a scam or at least a pyramid scheme, or something....but I haven't been able to find anything. The person trying to recruit me just received a cheque for $2000 for her first month of recruiting members. Sounds to good to be true?? I agree....but a part of me is curious....
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No, I have not heard of it. If you were to join, then someone else would be making money off of you. Does the club even cover anything in Canada--were you given literature or website? Random thought--this reminds me of a friend that was approached on a sidewalk last year by two young women pitching a social deal type offer for a local salon and they had a portable debit machine with them. My friend realized after the sale that she was stuck with an offer that was no good but she basically was out of money. Customer satisfaction is not present.

AAA is like the CAA and I'm not aware of either organization offering cash for each person that is referred by members to them for membership. Sounds like a cash scheme for others. Keep your money in your wallet.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Jul 19th, 2012 at 09:31 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenzap2003 View Post
    I was recently approached to become a member of the Motor Club of America (which is similar to AAA). By becoming a member and paying for benefits ($20 a month) and getting others to do the same, you get paid. I have searched and searched the web to try to prove to myself that this is a scam or at least a pyramid scheme, or something....but I haven't been able to find anything. The person trying to recruit me just received a cheque for $2000 for her first month of recruiting members. Sounds to good to be true?? I agree....but a part of me is curious....
    When you join CAA, you get similar benefits of AAA and can use CAA in the states.
    Both CAA and AAA are well known and back their reputation.
    Maybe better to stick to the ones that have a good reputation.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

CAA/AAA memberships also provide some discounts on attraction tickets, hotel bookings and travel gear purchases (member prices).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    CAA/AAA memberships also provide some discounts on attraction tickets, hotel bookings and travel gear purchases (member prices).
    They have some nice deals on Cineplex movie tickets a couple of times per year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Smells like a Ponzi/pyramid scheme to me...making money off new suckers. Do you really want to pester people you know to buy into something? I think my relationships are worth more than a few bucks. Just my opinion.

CaNewbie-Eager To Learn!
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you are unable to find information on the internet then a big old red should be going up! (which it obviously has). How can you make money off of something you cannot research? Definitely sketchy.

If you just want to sign up for it, then CAA is a much more credible source. And CAA cost roughly the same as this unknown service you've been presented on the street.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for your opinions.....it doesn't seem right to me but I had to ask. I don't feel comfortable with the whole selling thing anyway so to try to get friends and family members involved....and then for it to backfire....NOPE!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there interesting that I found this question posted. Just want to share my 2cents. I live in Toronto Canada and I have a motor club if America membership. I was referred by friend whom lives in the states, I also get the use the refferal program which does pay me a lil extra on the side. I don't recruit anyone but i do spread the word if the benefits. however I know most people use the service for supplemental income. I referred a friend who recently got laid off 3 weeks ago and she indeed get the membership and jumped right into the referral program and did receive her cheque. I personally don't see or feel I was scammed.
    any further questions you can email me at [email protected]

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcoley View Post
    Hi there interesting that I found this question posted. Just want to share my 2cents. I live in Toronto Canada and I have a motor club if America membership. I was referred by friend whom lives in the states, I also get the use the refferal program which does pay me a lil extra on the side. I don't recruit anyone but i do spread the word if the benefits. however I know most people use the service for supplemental income. I referred a friend who recently got laid off 3 weeks ago and she indeed get the membership and jumped right into the referral program and did receive her cheque. I personally don't see or feel I was scammed.
    any further questions you can email me at [email protected]
    Hi friend,

I am looking to sign up with mca/ tvc matrix for just the benefits. I am from Ontario, Canada and I was wondering if the benefits work great or limited in Canada? Thanks!

Alfi

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey how's it going,

I recently just enrolled with this program, for benefits, as well as the referral program, I agree with it, as we're already slaves to our economy through the dreadful initiatory force of politics. I just find it especially difficult for Canadians to at least look into this, the company has its credibility and I have heard nothing but positive things from members, I just can't seem to find, nor get in contact with any Canadians that are into MCA right now... If anyone is currently a member, and can share their story with me that would be much appreciated.. I understand that for an American citizen it is probably much easier, but as I said any Canadians that are a part of MCA's benefits, as well as the TVC matrix, some detailed info on your experience would be much appreciated.

-BD

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To: BDownieOntario

I recently joined through a few associates within the states and to be totally honest the cash as well as the benefits just make sense, personally this is a $40 dollar investment..... shoot spend more than that on nothing. I'm not looking for this to be a million dollar dream but I'm a designer/graphic artist so to help build some capital for my brand, I'll definitely take the chance.
    Its not for everyone and can't blame them due to all the bull scams out there, but MCA has been around since 1926.... well if thats a scam then hot damn they're super good a taking peoples money...lol. I'm just a rookie in this whole thing but I know if my car breaks down.. I at least have a MCA tow and some benefits along with it. So what I'll do is let you know how it goes in a month just to ease that nagging thought, believe me I've had this whole MCA thing ring my brain like I was getting KO'd by Mike Tyson...

Christian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

[QUOTE=alfi;5212045]Hi friend,

I am looking to sign up with mca/ tvc matrix for just the benefits. I ntario, Canada and I was wondering if the benefits work great or limited in Canada? Thanks!

Alfi[/Q u

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

lol seems like the last 5 posts have been by the same person...
    Join me in earning with Swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AForceNinja

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey my name is Rodney I am a sales associate for MCA and our services are in canada and compared to AAA and CAA we have more members per capita and we offer more we have no service call restrictions and offer more benefits and discounts our company dosnt pay for t.v adds or radio we believe in word of mouth advertising and have been useing word of mouth since opening over 88 years ago for more info about the company please goto wealthfountain.org you can also call me with any questions at 778 847 7391 Id also like to add i am a canadian associate and i currently reside in maple ridge British Columbia thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by jenzap2003 View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information