User Tag List

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    The Zellers in Kingston is now in liquidation. No evidence of any new markdowns, though. Ironically, a lot of stuff is now more expensive than it was yesterday, when the 50%-off-many-yellow-ticketed-items promo ended. *sigh* typical Zellers, eh?
    I see that other SCs have seen this --raising the price during the store closing and thinking customers won't notice.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lcmt View Post
    Anyone knows what is the last day of Dufferin/Dupont Zellers and what is the % off now ?
    Zellers website has that store closed.
    I think the link for the stores open/closed is in the first few posts.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyb View Post
    The Zellers in Kingston is now in liquidation. No evidence of any new markdowns, though. Ironically, a lot of stuff is now more expensive than it was yesterday, when the 50%-off-many-yellow-ticketed-items promo ended. *sigh* typical Zellers, eh?
    Last week I bought DS a few cute outfits for $15 - 50% = $7.50 which I still thought was little expensive but today I went in and now they are still $15 - 20%. Wow, great closing sale Zellers.

Even the toys at 20% are not a deal. I went to get one item in particular today and it marked $1.99 -20%. Really? A month ago they were $1.39!

Needless to say I left with nothing. I was shocked to see so many people walking around with full carts! Seriously people, wait for the actual sales to start!
    anisa, dizzyb, barato and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Needless to say I left with nothing. I was shocked to see so many people walking around with full carts! Seriously people, wait for the actual sales to start!
    I hear ya.
    If only they were SmartCanucks and knew when the deal was real and when it was a scam.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

But when I there 2 weeks ago, the employee there told me that the last day is going to be July 30 ....

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Zellers website has that store closed.
    I think the link for the stores open/closed is in the first few posts.
    I earn at least $80 every month. Task, SSI & PL surveys pays better than other sites. Join Clixsense with me http://www.clixsense.com/?4489292

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

the whole liquidation thing has been a bit of a sham. i have found that the better deals are when the store is preparing for liquidation. the selection is decent, the store hasn't been torn apart and trashed yet. obviously as others have mentioned, the discounts are a little bit better as well.

once the stores go into liquidation mode the items, and the store itself, are in such a pitiful state. you keep hearing of ppl buying things, only to discover they are broken or missing parts and unable to return them because they were bought at liquidaton.

boo on HBC!

i think right now is a good time to buy with the facebook coupon and the extra discounts they are giving at the regular stores. also, the bonus HBC points coupons are valid on zellers purchases for July.

it seems they are prepping for the next round of liquidations.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    the whole liquidation thing has been a bit of a sham.

once the stores go into liquidation mode the items, and the store itself, are in such a pitiful state.

boo on HBC!

i think right now is a good time to buy with the facebook coupon and the extra discounts they are giving at the regular stores. also, the bonus HBC points coupons are valid on zellers purchases for July.
    I agree.
    Regular Zellers store + coupon = good deal
    Liquidation Zellers store = bad deal, all around

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

no not really zellers in liquidation are not that bad when you use your coupons on some items -people some of the deals are good in liquidation -you have to be a smart canuck and know your prices -yes the clothing was better at 50% off the yellow ticket and the girls at my zellers told us so -so bought then -but us with coupons can still use them in stores so i got
    (3) snuggle 4.99-10%=4.49-1.00cpn=3.49 i never see fabric softner on sale hardly ever -so i found this a good deal
    (1) minute rice express 1.34 and buy 1 get one free minute rice in a cup with sauce-saved 2.99
    (1) i got granola bars for .37 cents a box the other day-nature valley cause they were expiring soon

you cant price match during liquidation -but we sure can use coupons when the price is a great deal

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Danforth store - already closed and torned down
    First week of liquidation was horrible. everything seemed to be the same price in the end
    Last day of liquidation only 3 half isles were opened, all packages were opened or products were destroyed, scratched, everything was less than $1, with majority of signs reading 0.31c

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lcmt View Post
    But when I there 2 weeks ago, the employee there told me that the last day is going to be July 30 ....
    The 30th is the last day. I was there on Monday and there were giant signs from the ceiling saying 8 days left.

Signs out front say it's 70-90% off, but there are many things that are not. For example sunscreen is 50% off... toilet paper, kleenex, etc. 30%.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

A Machine Like No Other CouponMachine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone know the final closing day for Newmarket Zellers @ Upper Canada Mall? Thanks.
    Reps Are Always Appreciated

Click here to friend me!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for letting me know. Actually, 30th is the last day still open ? or 30th will be the closed day ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    The 30th is the last day. I was there on Monday and there were giant signs from the ceiling saying 8 days left.

Signs out front say it's 70-90% off, but there are many things that are not. For example sunscreen is 50% off... toilet paper, kleenex, etc. 30%.
    I earn at least $80 every month. Task, SSI & PL surveys pays better than other sites. Join Clixsense with me http://www.clixsense.com/?4489292

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Zellers Oshawa - Highway 2 and Townline

The store has closed. A sign is there saying "Opening Soon". It's going to be a Walmart, not a Target.
    Good, because the "new" No Frills in that plaza is so unfriendly with coupons. This new Walmart will give them a run for their money and get them to shape up, I hope. I'm happy.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i got glad candles today 4.99-4.49-buy 1 get 1 free= 2.25 each
    some lovely t-towels 1.59

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never found any really, really good deals.
    Last edited by Applepie; Tue, Jul 31st, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information