User Tag List

Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By KK7
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By super807
  • 2 Post By super807

Thread: Better For You??? Laugh and A Half!!! Peek Freans VS Peek Freans Lifestyle

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I always find these things that try to swing their customers over to "a better alternative" very funny. I more buy the Peek Freans Lifestyle due to how cheap they are but now I think I just may stay away from some!!!

And Yes I know this goes for alot of Products and Have Been Reading Labels for 20 Years Just thought in Was Something Funny To Share!!!

Peek Freans Fruit Creme My Fav Treat Once In A While
    Calorie 130
    Fat 6 g(Sat 2.5)
    Sodium 25mg
    Sugar 10g

Peek Freans Lifestyle Chocolate Creme
    Calories 150
    Fat 7g(2.0)
    Sodium 75mg
    Sugar 9g

They Claim on Their Box
    Sensible Solution
    Low In Sat Fat
    0 Trans Fat
    0 Cholestrol

Umm Well My Fruit Creme Also has

Low In Sat Fat
    0 Trans Fat
    0 Cholestrol
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    lecale, ninna, jessep13 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

This is often the case with 'diet' -type items. They cut out the fat, but then you lose the taste, so they up the sugars usually.

That said, my fave is the Shortcake cookies. They are the ONLY item I eat in this world which has fake sweeteners.
    ssbean likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Yes, lower in fat often equals higher in sugar.

But for the comparaison between the 2 types of cookies, is the serving size the same (is it the same amount of grams)? Checkinig out the serving size is important in comparing products, because they are often different and sometimes even downright unrealistic. Like 10 chips as a serving size? What adult eats only 10 chips at a time?
    Tbites likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I'm not sure how the cream cookies made it to the Lifestyle line. The others, like the dark chocolate with hint of cherry or the banana chocolate I get, but cream cookies?

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

actually there no better either lol
    dark chocolate with cherry has even HIGHER Sodium 95mg

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    actually there no better either lol
    dark chocolate with cherry has even HIGHER Sodium 95mg
    This is the ultimate proof that we need to read the nutrition info panel and not just the words on the front of the box.
    Natalka and ssbean like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I love the Lifestyle Peek Freans Fruit Creme cookies. I always look at the labels for fat, sugar and calories but never noticed the sodium levels. Wow!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I personally just like the flavours in the lifestyle series for the most part but I love my Bourbon creams too..they get me everytime!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yup. Its so very important to read the labels. I thought I was making a "healthier" choice when i bought multi grain tostito chips a few months ago. What a crock. They were darned near the same calories and fat as the white flour chips. *shakes head*

These companies are just so darned clever at their marketing. The one that totally gets me going is the "Veggie Chips" I've seen at Costco. You see "Veggie stick chips" and you think healthy, right? Wrong. Oh-so-very-wrong. First off, they're made with 500 different kinds of potato flour and they have as much fat and calories as regular potato chips. But the clever little marketers of "Veggie Chips" shape the chips so they resemble "sticks"--they look kinda like a carrot stick or a celery stick. They are tube-like. Now, factor in also the food coloring that has to be added in order to dye these suckers green and orange to look like flippin carrot and celery sticks. Eventhe bag they come in is very colorful like a salad bowl and looks really, well, healthy. Seriously, there ought to be laws against such sneakiness.

Man oh man. My friend grabbed a bag of them in the store and was trying to persuade me to buy them because "they're really tasty and look, they are healthy for you too!" I took one look at the label and then had to break it to them that they might as well just go buy a greasy bag of ruffles cuz really, its the same thing.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

KK7, yup, good marketing with the Lifestyles Peak Freens. One more trick -- the lifestyles has less cookies (gram weight of the box) than the regular Peak Freens.

But the got me with the Lifestyles chocolate creams. They're good. And the shelf is usually empty at RCSS with this one.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

These products are mockery of our increasingly orthorexic culture. Caring about the virtue of what you eat more than the pleasure of eating is just wrong.

Thread Information