User Tag List

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Expired
    I was in dollarama and they had pregnancy tests for $1...I am not so sure if I would necessarily take the advice of a $1 one...I am betting it might be pretty inaccurate but they had tons of them...and has to be the strangest thing I have ever seen there, as of yet. What are your thoughts?
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my sister says "I'm not sure I'd want to buy a pregnancy test from dollarama..."

Either wrong result could cause problems....

Although, if you are wanting to get pregnant...then maybe having some "tester" testers around would be benificial..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

haha I thought the same thing! The woman working over heard a friend and I talking about it and she assured me that they were 'health canada approved' I guess if you were testing often it would be worth it, We'll have to find someone to test them

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hehe, stand outside a bar on a saturday night, sell them for $5 a pop....good way to make a profit....I just think its odd to see pregnancy tests at dollarama. I guess someone has to sell overstock somewhere.

Nat
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's shocking what you can get cheap these days.. and what is now expensive... I'm not sure I'd trust a $1 preg. test tho... A friend and I saw a girl buying a test in walmart a couples weeks ago and she wasn't much more than 15... we were like yikes.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw them and laughed my a** off...literally...i was crying. I don't think I'd want to chance it. Something that serious is worth dishing the extra dough for. XD
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah that is my thinking, I mean maybe they are good, but again I would want to go with a trusted brand. But it really worries me if they sell this in the dollarama are they going to start selling condoms as well...that could be really bad...you never know what you might find at the dollar store.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinstah View Post
    haha I thought the same thing! The woman working over heard a friend and I talking about it and she assured me that they were 'health canada approved' I guess if you were testing often it would be worth it, We'll have to find someone to test them
    I can be the guinea pig! lol When i think I'm pregnant [I've been trying] I'll buy a normal test, test and then get a dollarama one and try.......... XD
    ~Everytime they put her down, she makes a fist and the tears roll down~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Yeah that is my thinking, I mean maybe they are good, but again I would want to go with a trusted brand. But it really worries me if they sell this in the dollarama are they going to start selling condoms as well...that could be really bad...you never know what you might find at the dollar store.

Well...condoms for a dollar wouldn't be that cheap!

singular...condom... no s...

zena1st2002
    Believe it or not these tests acctually work me and my friend bought like 10 of them and we each used 5 mine came back negitive(I'm fixed) well my friend was not so licky she went to her doc. the next day and well she was knocked-up

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by zena1st2002 View Post
    Believe it or not these tests acctually work me and my friend bought like 10 of them and we each used 5 mine came back negitive(I'm fixed) well my friend was not so licky she went to her doc. the next day and well she was knocked-up
    hahah!!! ohhh Dollarama!!! Providing evidence of the next generation!!!

did she want to be pregnant?

mygems
    They've been selling pregnancy tests at Dollar Stores in the U.S. for years, they're actually very sensitive and accurate.

I'm glad to hear we can buy them in Canada now.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm with mygems. I would actually bulk up on the $1 tests when over the boarder and after that had my mom mail them to me. They were totally right each time (both when I got the negs and when I got the +ve). I asked my doc and he said it's all about the hormones in your urine and that any preg test is equal in detecting it , that with others you are just paying for the name...great to hear we can get them now also !! (goodness knows if you ARE positive you can use the extra $10 or so.. )

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was cracking my head off when I saw them...it was a bit odd.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I need a photo of this to believe this!
    Why should I stay? Why should I go? I'm no longer on here. I might ghost in once in a while. But don't bother talking to me, I'm not to stay. Sorry.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information