User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well contacts don't really hurt you. I guess the first time I wore them, it was a bit weird, a little uncomfortable but you'll get used to it (it's not like an eyelash in your eye). There are two types of contacts, there are the hard ones (which can break if you crack them) and the soft ones (can rip if you have sharp nails)...I got the soft contacts because they fit and contour to your eye. But it's up to your eye doctor...

There are many different types of contacts, there are the daily wear, the weekly wear, the bi-weekly wear, the montly wear and the yearly one. You can purchase the one you want depending on how often you'll wear them. I got the monthly ones (which you throw away once the month is over).

Contacts don't usually break unless you get the hard ones...and I think most people nowadays get the soft ones. They are harder to put in, but they don't break as easily.

You can play sports with contacts on...I remember that I did a lot of odd things with contacts on. My sister-in-law sleeps with them and takes a shower with them on. I'm almost 100% positive that you can play sports with them on.

I hope that'll help you out.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thilipan
    thanks alot. next time i am going to ask my doctor to prescribe contact lens prescription. But i am worried abot one thing, Is it dangerous. LIke does it hurt, do need to replace it often, is it effective. Does it break, and can i play sports with the contacts on
    well at first it will feel a bit strange but once you get used to contacts, its pretty easy!

I suggest you get a free trial, that should help a lot!

thilipan
    So the yearly contacts are more expensive than the weekly and monthly ones rite. And like wats the point in getting weekly and monthly ones. Are they cheaper? whats the price of the yearly ones? and where can i get free contact lens trials

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i also want the laser surgery but i dont have a stable perscription yet
    i was on one site for a laser eye center in kingston and for as bad as my vision is if i got the surgery i would get 80% or more of my vision back so i would still have to wear glasses or contacts after the surgery but they wouldnt be as strong as they are now. so its not too bad considering i cant see anything that isnt almost touching my face but i had also found one forum which was a group of people who had the laser surgery and they ended up with worse vision or other problems so that has me scared to go ahead with it now plus my parents are so against it they said they wouldnt take me to get anything stupid like that done ever

Julie Andrews
    What is your prescription like? Do you have any other vision problems other than needing corrective lenses?
    The only time I've heard of complications was if there was some problem with the retina or glaucoma.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i dont know what my exact perscription is cause i forgot but its -6 something and as far as i know there is nothing else wrong with my eyes

Julie Andrews
    that's not too bad then.
    Make sure that if you decide to go through with it to check out the doctor online.
    For doctors in Ontario, the website to check them out is...
    http://www.cpso.on.ca/Doctor_Search/dr_srch_hm.htm

You can also check out any discipline committee decisions for other doctors to make sure you avoid the bad ones.
    http://www.cpso.on.ca/Info_Public/Di...isc_sumtoc.htm

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks i book marked the sites so i could look at them later

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information