User Tag List

Page 23 of 197 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
    *People carry around Tim Hortons cups everywhere they go - walmart, the mall, nail salons, theatre, bowling alley, the washroom, ... I could go on forever
    At what point did it become acceptable in our society to carry your coffee with you everywhere you go?!
    I don't think coffee should go into the washroom, but what's wrong with having a coffee in other places? That's why the sell them in "to go" cups rather than in just china mugs.

What does grind my gears is when I see empty coffee cups left randomly on store shelves! Now that's just rude and disgusting!
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know that 'to go' cups were meant to be brought every single place you go. Yes, it is so you can enjoy the beverage outside of their restaurant, but I don't think that its original purpose was to meant to make it easier to bring into another restaurant or department store.
    I really cannot think of anything to compare this to, I mean, why would it be okay to bring in a beverage to a store while shopping? I remember a time when doing so wasn't allowed, when stores would stop you in the mall if you had a drink from the food court, those days are long gone it seems, and I'm only 30!

What specifically bothers me is seeing people carry it in their teeth because their hands are full. If you don't have enough hands, put down the coffee. Wow.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

I don't know that 'to go' cups were meant to be brought every single place you go. Yes, it is so you can enjoy the beverage outside of their restaurant, but I don't think that its original purpose was to meant to make it easier to bring into another restaurant or department store.
    I really cannot think of anything to compare this to, I mean, why would it be okay to bring in a beverage to a store while shopping? I remember a time when doing so wasn't allowed, when stores would stop you in the mall if you had a drink from the food court, those days are long gone it seems, and I'm only 30!

What specifically bothers me is seeing people carry it in their teeth because their hands are full. If you don't have enough hands, put down the coffee. Wow.
    you think thats bad? when i worked in a mall, there was a hot dog stand outside of our store and i cant even tell u how many hot dog nubs i found on shelves, pickles on the floor, half eaten meat sticks left in shopping carts and baskets.. grosssss s

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Considering Walmart has McDonalds and Tim Hortons restaurants in their stores, I think they want people to purchase items like coffee and shop. There are lids on the cups, so you can't spill (unless you're incredibly careless). As long as you're responsible, then I don't see why it should be a problem.
    Aimz likes this.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Feeling I have to wave a white because i've...

-carried my coffee cup with my teeth
    -taken a coffee in with me to grocery shop
    -commented to someone on what a big boy they have
    -commented to someone on how little their peanut was
    -called someones child a "peanut" instead of a child
    -touched another persons child (in an innocent way!)
    -told someone they have a million dollar family (i have one too)

Clearly I need to become a recluse. (No offence intended to any recluses that might by sc'ers who read this thread)
    Last edited by Lucky777s; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: missed the ''
    c_mcarthur, ssbean, Aimz and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    My DH shoved my Siamese off the bed once which the cat took offense to. Cat marched over to DH's winter coveralls and peed on them. DH didn't notice until at work when he stood by the heater. NEVER po a Siamese.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

...when your fiancé leave a bucket of water he was soaking his foot in on the floor, full. In the dark I step half on it and spill it everywhere, probably 4L. I pull the towel off my head (had just got a shower after my evening run) and he doesn't even help me! I have to go get another two towels upstairs and he's just doing not a thing! Argh! Did I mention we have hardwood?
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by K8's Fate View Post
    Considering Walmart has McDonalds and Tim Hortons restaurants in their stores, I think they want people to purchase items like coffee and shop. There are lids on the cups, so you can't spill (unless you're incredibly careless). As long as you're responsible, then I don't see why it should be a problem.
    Never said you had to agree, was just adding it to the list of things that may grind someones gears. I don't think its appropriate, probably never will. Its a manners thing to me, I also don't think its appropriate for someone to show up at my house with a coffee cup in their hand.
    Last edited by Safyre; Mon, Aug 13th, 2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
    krysta lynne likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

When the word f..l..a..g. is removed from your post for some darn reason so it looks like you don't proof read before hitting the post tab!

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

....people don't pick up after their dogs and you step in it by accident while cutting your lawn!!!
    krysta lynne, xox2010 and ssbean like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

.....you go outside to pick the huge zucchini that you were going to eat tonight only to find that an animal has hallowed the thing out!!!!!! Evil animal.....
    xox2010, ssbean and wolfwoman like this.
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    .....you go outside to pick the huge zucchini that you were going to eat tonight only to find that an animal has hallowed the thing out!!!!!! Evil animal.....
    Sorry about the zucchini, Koolaid. The animal is giving you a compliment - the zucchini was at the peak of ripeness, so they just had to eat it.
    ssbean and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Never said you had to agree, was just adding it to the list of things that may grind someones gears. I don't think its appropriate, probably never will. Its a manners thing to me, I also don't think its appropriate for someone to show up at my house with a coffee cup in their hand.
    Just curious but would you consider it more appropriate if the guest brought you a coffee as well? We often stop at Tim Hortons but if we're going to visit someone we always ask if they'd like one too.....or just bring one along.
    K8's Fate likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

If you are close enough to be a guest in my house, then I would feel insulted that you found my hospitality so lacking that you had to provide your own food and drink...irrational on my behalf, possibly.

However, if you had been driving for several hours to visit and it wasn't from the Timmys at the top of the road, then I'd not be bothered.

And as an occasional coffee drinker I'd be surprised if you turned up with one for me. As that sounds rather cheap on the guest's behalf....I know you don't drink coffee so I bought 2 for me instead.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: speelong
    ssbean and Safyre like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

you run out of chocolate
    Koolaid, xox2010 and ssbean like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 23 of 197 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information