User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Americans demand Canadian free shopping at Costco

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../20099141.html Apparently Canadians are considered milk hogs and are rude.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 02:08 AM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../20099141.html Apparently Canadians are considered milk hogs and are rude.
    I saw this too.
    It's going to be on the US morning news shows.
    There's even a YouTube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wUT-PRn1sE

What they don't mention is the number of US citizens coming north to BC to get cheaper medicine.
    Bellingham Washington is getting some great revenue from Canadian shoppers, IMO.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

'milk hogs', lol - wondering which Canadians are silly enough to buy horrid US milk full of growth hormones, whereas our milk is hormone-free? Not worth it for 'cheaper' milk, cheese and other dairy products.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

americans calling canadians Hogs.. now that's flipping the coin..lol!! When i went to see my mom in Jersey i hated most diary products, especially the cheese, i would never be poor enough to buy them in the states.
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Pft. Pot calling the kettle black, clearly.

Not like canadians at the border don't get a little miffed either by americans coming across and scooping up deals.

The road goes both ways.

As my niece always says.. 'suck it up buttercup'.

I went to the states almost 2 years ago.. and I'll never EVER forget the nasty taste of all thedairy products I tried.. enough to make me ill for the rest of my trip.

Personally.. the americans can go ahead and keep their hormone filled dairy products and other crap. [my dad bought me an mp3 player which i will not even pull out of the package..as a small warning label about lead in the product that 'may' lead to health issues.. ugh..ya.. I'm not using that thing..something that would never be sold in a bigbox chain store up here.. at least not as far as i've seen].
    Natalka and GoJays like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    'milk hogs', lol - wondering which Canadians are silly enough to buy horrid US milk full of growth hormones, whereas our milk is hormone-free? Not worth it for 'cheaper' milk, cheese and other dairy products.
    I purchase 3 gallons of milk a week in the US at their Walmart and it's not full of growth hormones!

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

ugh seriously? who would want to go out of their way to purchase american dairy products? gross!
    GoJays likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    I purchase 3 gallons of milk a week in the US at their Walmart and it's not full of growth hormones!
    Hi Pinkypie. The US Food and Drug Administration has allowed US farmers to add bovine growth hormones to US milk since 1993.
    http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/CancerC...growth-hormone
    Canada and some European countries have not allowed this hormone in milk.

In Washington state, where Poirot's link is from, there was an issue of radiation levels in Washington state milk. The US government has found that the radiation level in Washington state milk is within acceptable levels.
    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/artic...ls-1323672.php

I think the Canadians from BC are going to the US Costco since the price is lower. US dairy farmers receive a subsidy from the US government, resulting in a lower milk price. Canadian farmers do not receive the same subsidy for their milk, as the US farmers.

Hope this helps.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I had to double check that wasn't from The Onion....silly silly story.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

O.k. so now there is another Facebook page that wants Canadians to come to Costco in Bellingham Washington.
    And even CBS News had it on their morning show.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...ea;fd.morenews

@Darth Penguin, yes, this is hilarious.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

This was in the link you posted

Although the use of rBGH is still approved in the United States, demand for the product has decreased in recent years. Many large grocery store chains no longer carry milk from cows treated with rBGH. A United States Department of Agriculture survey conducted in 2007 found that less than 1 in 5 cows (17%) were being injected with rBGH.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I will add a photo of exactly what my milk jug says
    Last edited by Pinkypie; Tue, Aug 14th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    Good for Walmart - I think that's great that they chose to do differently!
    DiamondLil likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Since the spring of 2008 WalMart no longer carried milk under it's own brand that had any growth hormone added to it. Another note is, that while you think just because there is no growth hormone in it, there still is. Cows naturally produce the hormone for milk production themselves. Also, those who are so opposed to the non present growth hormone, how is that beef you are buying? Are you buying grass-fed, organic, hormone/antibiotic free meat? They don't sell that sort of stuff at the grocery store. Are you going out of your way to purchase from a sustainable farm, in your local area? Also, if you feel like you are doing yourself better by purchasing that ever so fun "corn fed beef", that beef is treated with antibiotics because cows are not meant to digest corn. So, "ugh, seriously", the milk is safe, and it may taste different due to the fact the cows are raised in a different area, the grass or food they are fed differs, along with the seasons and how they affect the taste of the milk. If I was any of you haters, I would be more worried about the other crap you are buying that comes pre-packaged in boxes and packages along the inside aisles of WalMart, from both the American and Canadian ones. That is what is really going to affect your health, and the size of your ass.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information