User Tag List

Page 349 of 380 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 5694
Like Tree1552Likes

Thread: Chapmans Kids Club MAIN THREAD

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Did they change the style of bags lately? I have the black ones in the picture with the zipper closure. Like them much better than the old style. The only downside is they are slightly smaller.
    Silk, Angela273 and P&L's mom like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it just me or is there no correct option for this month's quiz?
    The calendar says 1973 but there is not 1973 option...

Edit: The answer is "Slice Cream". I don't get it. lol
    Silk and Angela273 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    My pleasure, Silk. The closer is different than I've seen elsewhere. The top has a plastic rim on both of the long sides, with the short sides folding in like a paper bag does. One of the plastic rims has a handle attached to it and the other has a handle-sized slit in it. The short sides are folded inward, the handle goes through the opening and the bag clicks shut. It is quite well protected. Enjoy!
    Thanks for that description, wendymac I've never seen a bag closure like that either. You know what - you could work for Chapman's with your great review and description

Silk
    Angela273 likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Did they change the style of bags lately? I have the black ones in the picture with the zipper closure. Like them much better than the old style. The only downside is they are slightly smaller.
    Oh - that's interesting. Is the old style the one that wendymac described? It sounds like you have one of those also. When did you order and get the black one? And wonder when wendymac ordered hers...?

Silk
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I did have a couple of the old style. I had trouble closing them because of my hands (arthritis). I`ve been getting the black ones with the zipper for a few years. I get comments from the cashiers all the time about how great they are. I`ve been giving them to my sister and all my friends. As soon as I get enough points racked up I`ll be ordering my last one for this year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Thanks Crochetlady. I will order some tonight and I'll hope to get the black ones with the zipper. I am only familiar with the silvery ones with the blue plastic clips. I like them quite a bit because they seal up so well but they can be awkward if you don't have both hands free...or if you have arthritis. :-( I'm eager to try the black ones.
    Crochetlady and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    My pleasure, Silk. The closer is different than I've seen elsewhere. The top has a plastic rim on both of the long sides, with the short sides folding in like a paper bag does. One of the plastic rims has a handle attached to it and the other has a handle-sized slit in it. The short sides are folded inward, the handle goes through the opening and the bag clicks shut. It is quite well protected. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I keep hearing that the freezer bag is huge - just how big is it? Can anyone give the dimensions please?

Also, what kind of closure does it have - velcro? A zipper? None? And if you've used it, how good is it at keeping food frozen, e.g. frozen dinners, bag of frozen veggies...?

Thanks!
    Silk
    Hey, Silk. The Freezer bag is about the same size as the average grocery tote you'd buy but it may seem a bit bigger because it is slightly "padded" for insulation. It works quite well, BTW.
    hi, thinking something is amiss, from my history with chapman's those fold down click in tops are no longer around.
    i got one of what is now the norm (i guess) the black bags with the zipper last week - big improvement.
    not really a freezer bag though, (what is the definition?). wouldn't rely on keeping anything cold enough
    even with ice packs, for much more than an hourish.
    yikesy, sorry i do dislike taking up a lot of room, sometimes
    Last edited by madchives; Mon, Oct 5th, 2015 at 09:09 AM.
    Silk and Angela273 like this.
    if you have some spare time

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks for your comments madchives. I did end up ordering one late last night. If, as you say, they don't keep food frozen that will be disappointing. I guess I'll find out for myself

Thanks again, everyone, for weighing in Please continue to share your experiences with the Chapman's freezer bag!

Silk

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    hi, thinking something is amiss, from my history with chapman's those fold down click in tops are no longer around.
    i got one of what is now the norm (i guess) the black bags with the zipper last week - big improvement.
    not really a freezer bag though, (what is the definition?). wouldn't rely on keeping anything cold enough
    even with ice packs, for much more than an hourish.
    yikesy, sorry i do dislike taking up a lot of room, sometimes
    madchives likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

they have definitely had two types of freezer bag (plus the lunch bag style) they haven't had the silvery bag with the snap closure in awhile (i want to say a few years) it's been zipper bag for awhile now, i have a fair few of the zipper bag style and i like them they are solid and durable and hold up great! (i use them all the time, i've tossed a few frozen bottles of water in in them with other things and left the bag in the car on a summer day and at the end of the day there is still ice in the bottles) i've also given a few as gifts.. my mom swears by them and uses them when she goes on holiday to costa rica (it lets her get the butter home without it melting lol) Name:  IMG_20151005_170942.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  68.4 KB given the choice between the two i prefer the black bag, it's more solid easier to carry and durable (the silver ones tear easier my silver ones are getting holes in the corners)

(edited to add photo)
    Last edited by Midnightly; Mon, Oct 5th, 2015 at 08:37 PM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

AKM
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

bedsides the coupon, the freezer bag is the one we redeem the most. We have used the black freezer bag for many years. It is a great grocery bag for shopping especially when buying milk or any frozen products eg. meat, ice cream, eggs. It can hold up to 2 - 4L milk.We also use it to pack lunch or snacks when going out to the park or mall. If you place ice packs or frozen bottles of water in the bag it does keep for a couple of hours. We mark the bags so that we know which bag we use for grocery and which one for cooked food so that there is no cross contamination if you plan to pack lunches for the park or any edible food.
    Crochetlady, Silk and Angela273 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks, Midnightly and AKM - now I am excited to get my freezer bag! And appreciate the pics, Midnightly - it's nice seeing them side by side.

Glad I placed my order already - I'm thinking there's going to be a bump in orders for them after this discussion!

Silk

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    they have definitely had two types of freezer bag (plus the lunch bag style) they haven't had the silvery bag with the snap closure in awhile (i want to say a few years) it's been zipper bag for awhile now, i have a fair few of the zipper bag style and i like them they are solid and durable and hold up great! (i use them all the time, i've tossed a few frozen bottles of water in in them with other things and left the bag in the car on a summer day and at the end of the day there is still ice in the bottles) i've also given a few as gifts.. my mom swears by them and uses them when she goes on holiday to costa rica (it lets her get the butter home without it melting lol) Name:  IMG_20151005_170942.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  68.4 KB given the choice between the two i prefer the black bag, it's more solid easier to carry and durable (the silver ones tear easier my silver ones are getting holes in the corners)

(edited to add photo)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    bedsides the coupon, the freezer bag is the one we redeem the most. We have used the black freezer bag for many years. It is a great grocery bag for shopping especially when buying milk or any frozen products eg. meat, ice cream, eggs. It can hold up to 2 - 4L milk.We also use it to pack lunch or snacks when going out to the park or mall. If you place ice packs or frozen bottles of water in the bag it does keep for a couple of hours. We mark the bags so that we know which bag we use for grocery and which one for cooked food so that there is no cross contamination if you plan to pack lunches for the park or any edible food.
    Crochetlady and Anna Michele like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

showing up as the odd person out,
    chapman's unlike other prize sites, does not make money
    on our redeeming for the prizes.
    i know you know this but thought i'd remind you, i backed off
    being a person who grabbed a lot from chapmans years ago.
    so now they have a ton of interesting ice cream treats, haha.
    for fun try the pineapple/orange ice cream
    Angela273 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    one account works and another still not working (on quiz)!!!

Today try to do the Oct quiz both my account said I have already did the quiz!!!
    madchives likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

well, since the topic is still the bags sort of - a woman beside me was packing her groceries
    into her own bags at rcss and asked where i had 'bought' my chapman's bag,
    so now she knows. surprised i don't hear that question more often.

received my notepads before halloween, all orange
    sweetmomma likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    Today try to do the Oct quiz both my account said I have already did the quiz!!!
    sounds like the quiz is very broken, i gave up months ago, anything

Page 349 of 380 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 359 ... LastLast

Thread Information