Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto
  • 1 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By Pinkypie
  • 1 Post By mrskoka
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Silk
  • 1 Post By sarajk

Thread: Why doesn't SDM start their flyer on Friday ?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Almost everyone starts their flyer on Friday . Some stores like Sobeys and Freshco even start their flyer on Thursday.

Even SDM's major competitor drug store chain Rexall Pharma Plus starts their flyer on Friday.

Its really stupid and ignorant of SDM to start their flyer on Sat . The HO and the marketing guys need a headsake.

The number of times I have shopped somewhere else on a Friday just because I couldn't wait till Saturday for the SDM flyer sale prices to start is amazing. Lot of times I run out of things by Friday , but I go elsewhere to buy a sale priced item on that day as SDM's similarly priced sale is starting a day later i.e on Sat.

I wouldn't be surprised if SDM is losing major sales due to this stupid policy of theirs.

Friday is a huge shopping day . Most people on their way from work on a Friday shop , as they just want to relax on the weekend and don't want to waste their time and gas going out again on a Sat or Sun .

Doesn't SDM know that ? Their HO seriously needs to think about this and start their sales on a Friday , like almost all the other stores out there.
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Pharmaplus, Pharmaprix, Rexall PharmaPlus, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sobeys

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I actually don't mind one way or the other to be honest

I'm more willing to wait until Saturday though if there is a 20x promo

But it is hard to remember which flyers start/end when. You have Giant Tiger on Wednesdays. Freshco and Sobeys on Thursdays. Everyone Else Friday. SDM Saturday.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I'm also more willing to have it start on Saturday since sometimes the sales are great and stock runs out fast. I'm at work during the day on Friday and if it goes at the rate like Saturday, I would have missed many of the great sales.

I'm more upset that LD has a "blank" day since I always tend to forget and by Thurs when I remember the sale has ended!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by atashi View Post
    I'm also more willing to have it start on Saturday since sometimes the sales are great and stock runs out fast. I'm at work during the day on Friday and if it goes at the rate like Saturday, I would have missed many of the great sales.

I'm more upset that LD has a "blank" day since I always tend to forget and by Thurs when I remember the sale has ended!
    They can still have their Sat/Sun specials and promotions on those 2 days.

But the rest of the flyer can start on Friday , so that the traffic is more spread out and its not too busy on a Sat
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Actually many times it was the "normal" flyer section deals I'm after that's sold out before 1pm on Saturdays....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I like that it starts Saturday. I wish ALL the flyers would be the same and start their sales on Saturday.
    queenkathy likes this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If you shop in Fridays then you get to take advantage of last weeks sale still!
    queenkathy likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have time free on Friday nor am I inclined to shop after work Friday night so am quite happy their flyer starts on Saturday. I suspect they have done market surveys and found that Saturday flyers/promos/special pricing works for them regardless of what others are doing.

Basically, I'm quite happy to have their flyer start on Saturday and don't think they are "ignorant or stupid" to do so. Matter of opinion and time availability I suppose.
    queenkathy likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I'd much rather prefer to grab something quickly on my way home Friday night (Shoppers right across from work). I'd rather have my Saturdays free. I rarely go to 20x days because stuff is always sold out. But I guess Shoppers is gambling on you buying that stuff at their 300% non-sale markup? I've had to talk my friend out of paying $7.99 for Dove soap that goes on sale for $2.49!
    Silk likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I'd much rather prefer to grab something quickly on my way home Friday night (Shoppers right across from work). I'd rather have my Saturdays free. I rarely go to 20x days because stuff is always sold out. But I guess Shoppers is gambling on you buying that stuff at their 300% non-sale markup? I've had to talk my friend out of paying $7.99 for Dove soap that goes on sale for $2.49!
    Your friend is lucky to have you around!

I agree -- I like to keep my weekends for non-shopping activities Luckily for me the sdm I shop at usually starts the 20x events on Friday. But not the grocery flyer unfortunately, or Sat/Sun specials (I'm in Quebec). When the grocery flyer has really good deals, I'll wait till Saturday...

Silk
    torontogal12 likes this.
    Have a great life!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's just become routine now- hubby feeds kiddos while I run to Shoppers first thing. It's just Saturday for us!

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Michael's Flyer starts saturdays lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The SDM Downtown start their flyers on Friday, like I just came back for 20x the points :D It's because they don't open on Sat and Sun (Even Holiday Monday)
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

In the USA all the flyers end on Saturday and start on Sundays...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    In the USA all the flyers end on Saturday and start on Sundays...
    Nope, Kroger is Monday. Home Depot & Lowes are Thursdays. And there is one on Wednesday but I can't remember right now.
    But the US is all over the place. Meijers often has just a Saturday flyer around holiday weekends.

I like that SDM starts on Saturday. I wish they all did.
    We don't get our flyers till Saturday.
    A lot of the time if Canadian tire has a good sale we have to call my parents to go to their store because
    there is so many hoarders here that unless someone is off we can't get the sale items because they are gone first thing in the morning.
    pancakeg likes this.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Thread Information