User Tag List

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

This is a great place to start reading. I agree with ethgc being double the value I have peeked at my Girlfriends couponing, and when she auctions off a $20 - $25 GC she takes around $40 - $50 in coupons including FPC's and regular ones.
    edit - my gf is cherie a memeber here, Sorry guys did not mean to ruffle any feathers and I meant to put 40 to 50. Shes happy with
    Last edited by Dave Dave; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Is this the entire trade? Its very small....
    No actually, it isn't, because I never said it was the entire trade. I was using these values as examples. Unfortunately I didn't make that clear in my question. The second example listed was actually the person offering to trade me 11 of her V8 juices for 22 of my POMS. I declined that one.

The first example listed was me trying to figure out whether a FPC would be worth a 1:5 ratio to B1G1 coupons. I've had some really oddball offers on that chapmans coupon (one person with a trade listing of over 300 offered me 5x $1.00 astro yogurt in exchange for it... seriously, that was her whole trade offer) but I've mostly only traded just regular coupons. The example wasn't meant to reflect her entire trade because I was fine with the rest of the trade. The rest had $5 in regular coupons on both sides so I considered it equal. As far as if a $5 HV(FPC) is equal to $7.50 in B1G1s, I didn't know. Apparently, it hurts to ask. Below is the exchange, unedited except for our names:

Quote Originally Posted by HER:
    Would you trade
    $5 Chapmans
    2 X $1 Pom juice
    1 X $1.00 PHILADELHIA Roasted Garlic Spread, Nov. 13, 2012 05536809 ** if this is not a printable**
    1 X $1.00 KRAFT COOL WHIP any size, Dec. 31, 2012 05534092
    1 X $1.00 any BUITONI PIZZA, Dec. 31, 2012 10034646
    for

5 X FREE B1G1 Whiskas Temptations Treats 85g, Nov 30, 2012 08299811 RLF
    1 X $1.00 Arthur's Smoothie, 900mL, Sept 30, 2012 59013990 RLF
    4 X $1.00 Arthur's Smoothie, 900mL, Dec 31, 2012 59014036 RLF
    Quote Originally Posted by ME:
    Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for contacting me. I don't think I'd like to trade the chapmans for the B1G1 whiskas... I have a bunch of the whiskas on the way from another trade I just did, and the chapmans is pending another trade.

I do like the rest you've offered though:

2 X $1 Pom juice
    1 X $1.00 PHILADELHIA Roasted Garlic Spread, Nov. 13, 2012 05536809 ** if this is not a printable** (no it was mailed from save.ca)
    1 X $1.00 KRAFT COOL WHIP any size, Dec. 31, 2012 05534092
    1 X $1.00 any BUITONI PIZZA, Dec. 31, 2012 10034646

for

1 X $1.00 Arthur's Smoothie, 900mL, Sept 30, 2012 59013990
    4 X $1.00 Arthur's Smoothie, 900mL, Dec 31, 2012 59014036

That's only a $5 trade though and I can't find your trade list so if you see anything else on my list let me know and maybe we could do something a little bigger.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/313719-peppers-wish-trade-lists-canada/

~ Pepper
    Quote Originally Posted by HER:
    No thanks.

I don't appreciate the post in the thread alomost 2 hrs before you PM me.
    Your post is misleading, you didn't include the entire trade I oferred. For some reason you have chosen to pick apart the trade. I never offered only Tempations for Chapmans. The enitre offer actually consisted of me sending you $15 worth of coupons you had marked as RRLF and 5 of them BOGOs, in returned you'd send me only $10 including the Chapmans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME:
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but posting about that chapmans wasn't about you at all and it certainly wasn't about picking your trade offer apart either. I edited out the $1 coupons because they seemed equal to me, that's all. I was just using the chapmans for B1G1 as an example, yours was certainly not the only offer I've received and it certainly isn't the only offer I've had questions about. I'm not sure why asking about trades in a trades thread should be offensive.

Anyways, again, I'm sorry if I've offended you but it wasn't intended to single you out. Have a good evening.

~ Pepper.
    And there you have it. An attempt at an explanation and an apology, but no acknowledgement of either. I don't know what more I can possibly do to fix it. Maybe you can ask her; she's in your friends list.

Either way, the chapmans is gone, I don't have to deal with any aggro over it anymore , and if I ever get another one I'll take it to the store and use it myself.

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Pepper,

The "fight" you are looking for isn't going to happen.

Good luck with your future trades.

Happy Couponing,
    Pumpkin

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Pepper, while you felt the other coupons were equal, they may not have actually been, its not fair to compare a partial trade without all the details. It doesn't hurt at all to ask, but it does hurt to mislead people over the trade as it will annoy or upset the trader (as it has obviously) and the information given by traders on here will not be fair to them since its based on partial info.

In addition, sharing whole private messages on the forum is not allowed unless they give their permission
    annedougherty and DianneS like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I had a newbie ask me what I think the new $5 tena coupons should be valued at. I honestly don't know so I thought I'd post here for her.

The coupon costs about $1.13 to buy the first pack and gives about $4 in overage and then quickly multiplies from there.
    Last edited by Sunraven; Mon, Aug 27th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

what is the recommended exchange rate for RRLF HV/FPC coupons, (e.g., the $2 old dutch) to stamps? Thank you!

Trading Score
    187 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    what is the recommended exchange rate for RRLF HV/FPC coupons, (e.g., the $2 old dutch) to stamps? Thank you!
    When I traded Old dutch, I asked for a $5 GC for 15 coupons, the coupons are a little difficult to find, and I had to pay $3 to get on the subway to get them.
    Earlier I saw a post in the trade section where someone was asking for a $10 GC for 10 chip coupons, ridiculous!
    NikyK and Angela273 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks Luisa! You're such a generous trader. I've checked your TL but did not find anything on my WL, I will check back often and hope to trade with you someday.

Oh did not read the part that you even paid $3 for subway...Wow... so it's $2 GC for $30 coupons

Quote Originally Posted by Luisa_101 View Post
    When I traded Old dutch, I asked for a $5 GC for 15 coupons, the coupons are a little difficult to find, and I had to pay $3 to get on the subway to get them.
    Earlier I saw a post in the trade section where someone was asking for a $10 GC for 10 chip coupons, ridiculous!
    Last edited by LoveCpn; Tue, Aug 28th, 2012 at 02:41 PM.
    Luisa_101 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They are not that easy to get if someone steals all the booklets from the station, at mine, she said she was putting the books on the rack and someone walked off with the box she was stocking from! crazy

• $10 worth of HV coupon(s) - same / $3 GC / $20 reg coupons
    • $20 hand picked coupons - 5 stamps

Personally, I traded 7 stamps for 10 of them
    Luisa_101 and LoveCpn like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think that's fair, Thank you very much, FallenPixels!! It is hard to get, plus heavy to carry home and clip off, esp. when you found what you carried home actually dont have coupons in anymore I do hate those who tear off the coupon then put the magzine back on rack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    They are not that easy to get if someone steals all the booklets from the station, at mine, she said she was putting the books on the rack and someone walked off with the box she was stocking from! crazy

• $10 worth of HV coupon(s) - same / $3 GC / $20 reg coupons
    • $20 hand picked coupons - 5 stamps

Personally, I traded 7 stamps for 10 of them
    FallenPixels and Luisa_101 like this.

Trading Score
    187 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCpn View Post
    Thanks Luisa! You're such a generous trader. I've checked your TL but did not find anything on my WL, I will check back often and hope to trade with you someday.

Oh did not read the part that you even paid $3 for subway...Wow... so it's $2 GC for $30 coupons
    No because I did a few trades for a $5 GC (just being honest)

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    I had a newbie ask me what I think the new $5 tena coupons should be valued at. I honestly don't know so I thought I'd post here for her.

The coupon costs about $1.13 to buy the first pack and gives about $4 in overage and then quickly multiplies from there.
    I disagree with this. Ever since someone posted it in the brag section stores were cleared out within days of those sample packs. The sample packs were a one time item that stores will not be restocking so therefore the coupons are now essentially worthless in terms of overage as you won't find those sample packs anymore. Just thought I would add my two cents since my mom has asked me to look for more $5 coupons for her since she actually uses this product every day.

Now, main reason I came here. The first post is a little confusing on trading aeroplan pins. I have 2 10pt pins what would these be worth in terms of regular coupon exchange rate?
    Peachykeen2007 and Panthera like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

how much would the Oasis booklet be worth when trading? thanks

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I disagree with this. Ever since someone posted it in the brag section stores were cleared out within days of those sample packs. The sample packs were a one time item that stores will not be restocking so therefore the coupons are now essentially worthless in terms of overage as you won't find those sample packs anymore. Just thought I would add my two cents since my mom has asked me to look for more $5 coupons for her since she actually uses this product every day.

Now, main reason I came here. The first post is a little confusing on trading aeroplan pins. I have 2 10pt pins what would these be worth in terms of regular coupon exchange rate?
    What are you disagreeing with? That I said it multiplies from there? I was just going on what was happening at the time. Clearly if the stores aren't restocking then it changes the situation and the value of the coupon. That's good information to have, and why this thread exists, thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Sunraven; Wed, Sep 5th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
    annedougherty likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marnel View Post
    how much would the Oasis booklet be worth when trading? thanks
    I traded 3 x $5 Amazon.ca GC codes for 10 sets of the Oasis coupons. Probably on the high side but all I did was sit on Swagbucks for the codes and I really wanted the coupons. I can stack, so the coupons are probably more valuable to me than to someone who can't.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast

Thread Information