User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marstec
  • 1 Post By RebeccaRYoung

Thread: Has anyone ever purchased a duvet from Jysk before?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

OMG I had a $25 Gc from their store and have had it for quite some time waiting for a good time to use it. well I decided to treat my son to a new duvet and my husband and I went out last week and bought him a twin 'everyday' one using the card. As we paid for it the lady stated their no return on bedding statement.. well let me tell you. what she SHOULD have said was.. "please smell this before you leave our store as it smells like SEAGULLS AND _ _ _ _'. . It's so gross. I had it opened on the bed for less than a minute and we were both gagging. I'm calling them first thing in the morning and telling them how disgusted I am in the smell/quality. I'm not stopping until I get a refund or new comforter. Seriously if you walk into his room right now it smells like a fishery.
    I've removed it and placed it back in its bag. Im really not impressed. just a heads up in case anyone decides to buy a comforter/duvet from their store. SMELL IT FIRST!
    This thread is currently associated with: JYSK
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Odd. I've bought several duvets, covers, sleeping bags etc from them and never had issue with them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just bought a Queen Everyday duvet last week, and it smelled nothing like that. In fact, nothing at all in the store had a smell (and nothing I have bought there has either). The one thing I did not like is that they didn't have any of the kind of duvet I bought on display (the store employee told me it was because they were new), and once you open it you cannot bring it back. But I'm happy with it.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh is awful.wish computers had smellovision or something i'd let you all take a whiff. im hoping its a 'bad' one and it was under the rest for too long. maybe once i bring it in and they smell it they'll understand.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I went there for the first (and only) time a couple of weeks ago. I was shocked at the cheap quality of the products and the haphazard organization of the place. My visit there actually inspired my thread about litter bugs in stores; there were at least three disposable coffee cups in amongst the stock. Now, if I worked at such a place, I would make sure to clean that sort of stuff up. I know it shouldn't be their job, but their stuff could get damaged if the coffee spilled.

I would insist that they give that duvet a good whiff...no way a person should have to endure that sort of smell in their bedding. Hope you get a refund.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

i hope so too marstec.. i'd be even more happy if it was a cash refund which i may fight for as I'd like to take it next door to Winners and see if i can get a half decent comforter their instead.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

That is awful. Hope you have no problem returning it.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

hmm interesting.. so apparently its a common issue they've been noted to by their buyers. and its 'supposed' to go away within 24-48 hours.. however they did say we could bring it back for a full refund if I would like. I think im going to take that option.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Everything in that store smells and looks like they're falling apart in front of your eyes. Always remind me of 1970s general stores in China.
    I've only ever bought wrapping paper and plastic hooks from them. The tape at the back of plastic hooks can't even stick to the wall. Only $1, so I didn't bother to go back for refund. The wrapping paper was cheap and very pretty.
    I conclude that JYSk is a dollar store that's trying too hard to be Ikea.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Their furniture is pretty good depending on what you buy (get the all wood, not the pressed board etc). But make sure that you follow the directions on the furniture to put it together. I hired someone to put mine together and three years, and two moves later I had to take it all apart and reassemble it, as the guys used a nail gun instead of finishing nails, and they didn't use any wood glue, etc. Now that I took the time to glue and put in nails, it's pretty sturdy and should last us more than a few years.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I usually open the package before buying sheets anyway. I like to feel the fabric before buying because sometimes it's kind of awful feeling. I've never thought to smell the sheets, but I guess when I open the package I would smell anything horrible anyway.
    matrix82 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Hmmm interesting. Well it's good that they said you can return it for a refund.

I have a duvet from Jysk and it never had any kind of smell.

But... when I bought my dog a memory foam dog bed (not from Jysk, I'm just making a comparison), it STANK horribly for a week, but I just left it outside to air out and then after a week the smell was totally gone. So maybe the smell on your duvet would also disappear... but probably smarter just to return it than to have to worry about it.

Thread Information