User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Zellers: Countdown to Closing - POST YOUR DEAL FINDS HERE!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What the above posters wrote is some good advice. Buying from a store that is closing usually means "final sale"-no returns, no cash back if defective. Although I can't see Zellers having TV'S that don't work unless they are the showcase models. As far as the staff is concerned, they are told not to say anything about when the % will go lower. From what I heard from staff they would be punished for releasing such info. Don't know how but don't really care either. It's good to see that they maintain some sense of professionalism even in the face of losing their jobs.
    Staff are also looking for deals too as they'll be out of a job soon. I've seen staff buying up toys for their kids b-days months in advance because they don't know what their finacial situation will be at the time of their kids b-days. So asking that staff not buy the deals would never fly especially when stores are closing.

Another problem is wholesalers from some of these small stores you see in Toronto selling cheap goods. They'll buy up things when stores close before you even knew the % was lower as they go EVERY SINGLE DAY and check. Unless you can do the same you might miss out on the sale. I know that the one near me went to 80% off on a Sunday afternoon when everybody thought Monday would be the start of the next % drop. Those smaller store owners flooded the Galleria Location buying all kinds of stuff for their stores.
    Last edited by dvdswapper; Sun, Aug 19th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
    visit my TWITTER page:http://twitter.com/#!/1dvdswapper

From my family to you. Wishing everyone a Happy/Healthy Holidays and New Year.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    I really have to agree with this. Especially with Zellers. By the time things were a reasonable price at the liquidating stores I went to, their products had been ripped, trampled, disfigured, were out of date. I wouldn't trust buying electronics from there. And the discounts I saw weren't worth it anyways (I had thoughts of buying a TV from there too). Frankly, I've seen better random sales at Walmart for TVs than at Zellers' liquidation. And you should keep an eye out for Superstore no tax days - I don't know the prices of their TVs, but not having to pay taxes on them might make it worth your while.
    So true! I got my tv from superstore on a no tax day and not only was the regular price cheaper than walmart, but I saved almost 80 in tax, got a free hdmi cable, and a free turkey for spending over 250!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I could not find a new one.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone been to Shopperworld Brampton lately

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dita View Post
    Anyone been to Shopperworld Brampton lately
    Was there on Sat. They are supposed to be up to "80%" off. whatever. most household stuff are 30%, food item are still 10%. not sure what is 80%

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Only deal I found so far was a pair of airwalk slip on shoes for daughter. Originally $30 marked down to $5 then 50% off, so $2.50 for shoes. I plan on going in again this week to see if prices have dropped on a few things. (Waterdown location)
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

last night i buy 8 piece bed in bag reg 69.99 on sale for 29.99
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Does anyone know when the store in Cambridge Ont is closing?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Waterdown had a sign today saying last 6 days. Thought I got a great deal on a DVD for daughter today only to get home and clue in that it is a PC game not the DVD movie. Still going in her christmas stocking.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Monday the 17th

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    Oh and bring cash I went yesterday and the people with cash had there own cash they were in and out I spent a half hr in line
    Last edited by Smartshopper21; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spell

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Whitby store is down to its last 6 days. Went in today it's a disaster. Ripped packages. Almost nothing left. It was actually quite sad.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Does anyone know when the Ancaster location is closing?

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

so i just got word that one of our stores is starting liquidation today. Any plans of action, things to watch out for or any words of wisdom for me to consider?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

be prepared for a long road of slow sales pooh. then as you get closer to their closing date if you see something you need grab it. check ALL corners of the store for hidden clearance deals. check in daily at your store. be prepared to fight a little if you notice a really good deal the same time as others. always have a basket in hand or push one jic you need more room. check everything you plan on buying BEFORE you leave the store to make it sure its in tact all pieces there, not broken etc.
    scbpooh and cbou like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information