User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Nat77's 61st VWT==Let's Kick Some Cancer A$$!

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nat77 View Post

What a great story! I would say you are "lucky" but clearly, you have a special purpose to be here. Good for you! Did they say when they would make the drug study available for the rest of us?
    I do feel very fortunate, I am on a phase 1 best way to describe it it is that it is an initial testing of a drug always done on terminal patience as that they are looking at side effect and tolerability along with measure of benefit. I have ovarian cancer the drug I am on is BIBW 2992 and has shown no really result to my type of cancer overall (except strangely its been working for me?)but has in Lung Cancer and has moved on to further phase in that area. So fingers crossed maybe within a few more years!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

"because tomorrow is another day"

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Cancer touched our home when my nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. He was 4. Thank the good lord for places like Sick Kids and the Ronald McDonald house. My family lived there for a full year. Fast forward 11 years and he is a healthy and happy 15 year old. He is 6'1 and about 185lbs.

We are so thankful as a family for the entire journey..... even though the journey was hell somedays. We learned to see the glass half full, we learned how to count on each other, we learned to ask for help, we learned what matters....

Each year my nephew attends Camp Quality(a week long camp for kids with cancer and cancer survivors)-- he loves it. To give back, he will become a counsellor at age 18. This camp is amazing... it runs 100% on volunteers. EVERY camper has their own counsellor... its such a great thing for the kids.

I dream of a cancer free world........

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Just popping on to say EXCELLENT train! So, wish I could hop on but just a little over-extended right now. BIL has stage 4 Cancer so it's an issue that's very dear to me. Thanks for hosting such a great train! My heart goes out to anyone dealing with this horrible illness.
    nat77 likes this.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

I love your signature quote, Armygirl! I think I'm going to steal it and put it as my facebook status for tonight.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away"

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Cancer touched our home when my nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. He was 4. Thank the good lord for places like Sick Kids and the Ronald McDonald house. My family lived there for a full year. Fast forward 11 years and he is a healthy and happy 15 year old. He is 6'1 and about 185lbs.

We are so thankful as a family for the entire journey..... even though the journey was hell somedays. We learned to see the glass half full, we learned how to count on each other, we learned to ask for help, we learned what matters....

Each year my nephew attends Camp Quality(a week long camp for kids with cancer and cancer survivors)-- he loves it. To give back, he will become a counsellor at age 18. This camp is amazing... it runs 100% on volunteers. EVERY camper has their own counsellor... its such a great thing for the kids.

I dream of a cancer free world........
    I don't think anyone can imagine like you said the absolute hell hat you go through the pain the anger. But like you said you find a new joy and way of seeing things. I cannot imagine having a child with cancer, sheer agony Bless your family. The day I had to start chemo again I woke up to find my sons small stuffed Tiger he had found when he was 2 at a campsite. He never let this thing out of he site he always said it had been lost once and he would let it get lost again. anyways it was sitting at the top of the stairs with a note saying. Be strong Mom Kitty will take care of you there and we will be waiting here.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Awesome train Natt, do you have room for one more
    nat77 likes this.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Awesome train Natt, do you have room for one more
    I absolutely do! Thanks for joining.

I'm going to leave the boarding open until tomorrow night, regardless of whether or not we are full. If we get atleast 15 people (no more than 20...and if more than 10, it will be 2 coupons per rider) I will add another random draw prize for a $10 donation to the CCS.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Great train idea Nat I keep peeking I just don't know if I can handle a train like this brings alot of memories a float but VERY proud of your idea!
    Armygirl76 and nat77 like this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Nat,

If someone wants to send you $2.00 as my coupon requirements to add to your donation, I am good with not receiving any coupons.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Nat,

If someone wants to send you $2.00 as my coupon requirements to add to your donation, I am good with not receiving any coupons.
    Ahhhh... That's sweet! I have added this to your wishlist.

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Nat,

Everytime I come to check this train I tear up all over again
    nat77 likes this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Me to. Lost 3 very close family members and you just don't really heal from the loss. I still cry some days like a baby, seems like only yesterday when they were here.

I remember when the doctor told my grandma she only had a lil bit of time left. We then went out to lunch and it was so hard not to just fall apart. Then she said " The only thing that am I really sad about is not being able to watch your children grow up"....

On a funnier note, I took her shopping a few times a week and at that time I had an SUV. Well, middle of winter and I am trying to lift her into it after our shop at Safeway...she fell on top of me and we laughed so hard we couldn't get up off the snow. People were running from all around to help us and all we could do was laugh some more. These are the memories I love

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    Everytime I come to check this train I tear up all over again

Trading Score
    432 (100%)

this thread has me looking like this

All of your stories are all so touching. I lost my Grandmother to cancer when I was young....I don`t remember much about her (I was 7) but what I do see everyday is the heartbreak my Grandfather experiences from losing her.

Cancer has shaped how we live as a family, how we think, our priorities:

DH`s uncle worked hard his whole life, at a physically and mentally draining job he hated. He missed every occasion, birthdays, holidays, family events, his kids growing up because of work. He soldiered on because the light at the end of the tunnel was retirement -a time when he could just relax and enjoy time with his wife and kids, do things he wanted to do, instead of doing things he had to do. Retirement finally arrived- he booked his `honeymoon`with his wife. He was over the moon to be finally at the point he could enjoy life. Two weeks before their vacation he went to the doctor for what he thought would be a routine exam.....it wasn`t routine at all.....he had cancer.....
    He never got a chance to go on his honeymoon, or enjoy time with his wife, kids or grandkids.......he died 4 months later.

His last advice to DH was to live fully, not waste his life on things that don`t matter in the end.
    We are determined to fully enjoy life, enjoy time with eachother, cherish our children.....we think of DH`s uncle often and are determined to live our life to the fullest, everyday, not waiting for tomorrow -as none of us know what tomorrow will hold.
    Last edited by CouponLadybird; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Just popping on to say EXCELLENT train! So, wish I could hop on but just a little over-extended right now. BIL has stage 4 Cancer so it's an issue that's very dear to me. Thanks for hosting such a great train! My heart goes out to anyone dealing with this horrible illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Great train idea Nat I keep peeking I just don't know if I can handle a train like this brings alot of memories a float but VERY proud of your idea!
    I appreciate both of you stopping by---but totally understand why you're not jumping on board!

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    this thread has me looking like this

All of your stories are all so touching. I lost my Grandmother to cancer when I was young....I don`t remember much about her (I was 7) but what I do see everyday is the heartbreak my Grandfather experiences from loosing her.

Cancer has shaped how we live as a family, how we think, our priorities:

DH`s uncle worked hard his whole life, at a physically and mentally draining job he hated. He missed every occasion, birthdays, holidays, family events, his kids growing up because of work. He soldiered on because the light at the end of the tunnel was retirement -a time when he could just relax and enjoy time with his wife and kids, do things he wanted to do, instead of doing things he had to do. Retirement finally arrived- he booked his `honeymoon`with his wife. He was over the moon to be finally at the point he could enjoy life. Two weeks before their vacation he went to the doctor for what he thought would be a routine exam.....it wasn`t routine at all.....he had cancer.....
    He never got a chance to go on his honeymoon, or enjoy time with his wife, kids or grandkids.......he died 4 months later.

His last advice to DH was to live fully, not waste his life on things that don`t matter in the end.
    We are determined to fully enjoy life, enjoy time with eachother, cherish our children.....we think of DH`s uncle often and are determined to live our life to the fullest, everyday, not waiting for tomorrow -as none of us know what tomorrow will hold.
    Just read your story about Pete's Uncle to Scott. He's been counting down to retirement since he started working---but won't bother to quit smoking and take care of himself to ensure that he makes it there. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information