User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: New Coupons - where to find?

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

There is someone who lives right around the corner from me who puts ads on Kijiji too. I bumped into her at WM once and she said, ''I run the coupon group for all of Brantford.'' I was confused and asked if she was referring to the local board on Smart Canucks, she said she doesn't even have a SC account but sometimes just browses. Apparently her and a bunch of friends get together every week and trade coupons so immediately when she said this I thought 'So you're the one who rips full tearpads off at Metro' (I live right by Metro). I have also seen her do recycling picking in the area. I don't think we should post our coupon finds anymore because of this. I never do.

I was at Shoppers yesterday for the spend your points and didn't even know about the BP for Cadbury bars til the cashier told me about it however she then told me a woman had just come in and cleared the shelves of them. Who the f*ck needs $200 worth of chocolate and if you for some reason do, drive to a few different stores and have some respect for people who don't have cars and still don't go clearing shelves. Ugh!
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I truly feel I have to leave a comment on this thread...In the past there have also been posts on this topic...First off let me say that anyone who buys from E-Bay is supporting people taking more coupons than they need....If there was no demand for the sale of coupons there would be no one selling them..I also believe that us posting where there are coupons does not draw the thiefs out of the woodwork...First off if they are stealing the tear pads no matter what we post they will be there before we even post.....So if we do this and not post we are possible cheating other couponers from at least getting a chance at getting some.....

Anyone who knows anything about me would know that I do not do trades and I only roak fellow SC'rs..the reason I do this is because I like to see everyone get a chance to have some of the coupons they need.....I feel if we take a selfish stance then we become no better than the greedy people...I know that if we help others it will come back to us many times over....

In the past I have offered several roaks to people in the Brantford area and sadly not one person could make it when I was going to meet up with them to give them the roak.....Even when the coupons were offered freely people were either to busy to meet up or some other excuse....So I feel they did not need the coupons that much....I now roak to members of this site from all over and I go to Hamilton on a regular basis to meet up with fellow Sc'rs and give them coupons...I'm happy to say there has never been a no show....

A few months back people posted there was someone offering coupon classes and the woman had full tear pads....After hearing about this I became angry and started trying to find out about this...I am going to report what I found.....There are 3 people in the Branford area who do teach couponing..one of them is from a local food bank, one from another agency and a woman who does charge for her classes...Six weeks ago I did attend her class to see if this was true...the woman had no idea who I was and she charged me $3 for her class...needless to say I was surprised....at the very begining she clearly stated that people are responsible for their own coupons, except when she does get extra inserts from her recyle walks....she gives them out freely to anyone who needs them....she ran her class the same kind of way I know a woman in London does.....all her coupons that she usues are expired coupons and she uses them only for demonstation purposes...it turned out she is a very nice lady....I left there pretty sure she is not stealing coupons....Also during this time I contacted several manufacters as well as Brantford police....their response was that if there was someone who was offering classes along with coupons for a price that is was illegal and that people should report this....As of this date there have been no formal complaints made....So therefore I am going to ignore the rumour mill on this one and just continue helping fellow couponers who really want and need the help.....life is to short to worry about the little things...

Also a comment was made on a woman who does recyle walks and it was assumed that she would have to be the coupon thief.....I find this comment very insulting to others who recyle walks....I in the past have done 5 recyle walks...I have also gone on 3 of them with fellow Sc'rs from Hamilton and I can say that not one person was a coupon thief.....although I do not have the time to do this on a regular basis the others that I know do it for their families and they work at getting inserts and cereal boxes to help cut their budget down.....I know of one woman from Hamilton who got 163 coupons for the cases of free ice tea...she walked every garbage night with her children...she told me it was a good way to have a walk with them but also family time and she is also teaching them the importance of saving....she has my highest respect....she is doing something to change her situation......So i am asking people to be kind to others and not make assumptions against anyone without knowing their situation....

Remember kind thoughts go a lot further...
    Last edited by sharkie; Tue, Sep 11th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    i_forget likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

This is all so disappointing. I have had no luck in finding any coupons anywhere other than the CZ board at zehrs. I rely on the shared information here on SC to get deals for my family and friends. I hate this "coupon tearpad thief" and wish something could be done. I havent been able to get half the deals out there because I am out of coupons. I was thinking that if I did find a tearpad by luck I would take it and have a secret meeting to share them with all the honest sc'ers so we could at least have a chance to get some, for free of course. But that wouldnt work either. Its just so sad, couponing used to be so fun for me and now its pretty much over as I cant get any coupons in this city.
    How are all you guys coping? I can remember back in the day I could send packets of coupons to people because they were everywhere now I only have the smartsource thats delivered to my door. I like handing someone coupons in stores when I see them buying something that I can help them save on and its free I wouldnt think of charging someone for something I got for free. Its just wrong and ruining it for everyone out there.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I truly feel I have to leave a comment on this thread...In the past there have also been posts on this topic...First off let me say that anyone who buys from E-Bay is supporting people taking more coupons than they need....If there was no demand for the sale of coupons there would be no one selling them..I also believe that us posting where there are coupons does not draw the thiefs out of the woodwork...First off if they are stealing the tear pads no matter what we post they will be there before we even post.....So if we do this and not post we are possible cheating other couponers from at least getting a chance at getting some.....

Anyone who knows anything about me would know that I do not do trades and I only roak fellow SC'rs..the reason I do this is because I like to see everyone get a chance to have some of the coupons they need.....I feel if we take a selfish stance then we become no better than the greedy people...I know that if we help others it will come back to us many times over....

In the past I have offered several roaks to people in the Brantford area and sadly not one person could make it when I was going to meet up with them to give them the roak.....Even when the coupons were offered freely people were either to busy to meet up or some other excuse....So I feel they did not need the coupons that much....I now roak to members of this site from all over and I go to Hamilton on a regular basis to meet up with fellow Sc'rs and give them coupons...I'm happy to say there has never been a no show....

A few months back people posted there was someone offering coupon classes and the woman had full tear pads....After hearing about this I became angry and started trying to find out about this...I am going to report what I found.....There are 3 people in the Branford area who do teach couponing..one of them is from a local food bank, one from another agency and a woman who does charge for her classes...Six weeks ago I did attend her class to see if this was true...the woman had no idea who I was and she charged me $3 for her class...needless to say I was surprised....at the very begining she clearly stated that people are responsible for their own coupons, except when she does get extra inserts from her recyle walks....she gives them out freely to anyone who needs them....she ran her class the same kind of way I know a woman in London does.....all her coupons that she usues are expired coupons and she uses them only for demonstation purposes...it turned out she is a very nice lady....I left there pretty sure she is not stealing coupons....Also during this time I contacted several manufacters as well as Brantford police....their response was that if there was someone who was offering classes along with coupons for a price that is was illegal and that people should report this....As of this date there have been no formal complaints made....So therefore I am going to ignore the rumour mill on this one and just continue helping fellow couponers who really want and need the help.....life is to short to worry about the little things...

Also a comment was made on a woman who does recyle walks and it was assumed that she would have to be the coupon thief.....I find this comment very insulting to others who recyle walks....I in the past have done 5 recyle walks...I have also gone on 3 of them with fellow Sc'rs from Hamilton and I can say that not one person was a coupon thief.....although I do not have the time to do this on a regular basis the others that I know do it for their families and they work at getting inserts and cereal boxes to help cut their budget down.....I know of one woman from Hamilton who got 163 coupons for the cases of free ice tea...she walked every garbage night with her children...she told me it was a good way to have a walk with them but also family time and she is also teaching them the importance of saving....she has my highest respect....she is doing something to change her situation......So i am asking people to be kind to others and not make assumptions against anyone without knowing their situation....

Remember kind thoughts go a lot further...
    I like how you categorize all couponers from Brantford in the same boat because a few people were rude. I'm sorry that happened but there are rude no-showers in every town I am sure :screwy:

Perhaps the comment I made about that woman was uncalled for but Brantford is a small town and this woman specifically told me she heads 'All of Brantford couponers' and judging from the mass amounts of the same coupons she had i am guessing she didn't trade stamps for all the full tearpads. It was a bit of an assumption but based on suspicious evidence. I have actually gone out recycle picking about three times and found something good each time so personally have nothing against it. I'd pick up five bucks off the ground so why not a gas card form from someone's box right lol :p
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Bronwen well said! There definately are ppl who dont show up everywhere! I give lots of envelopes ofcoupons out to people. Its not a big deal, I think ppl should do it.. AS for buying on Ebay, If there is no chance of getting a coupon that you woul use and want, and this is the only way to get it, I will buy it.. I will not pay a crazy high price. I wont spend the time trying to get any of that stopped.. The class you went to for 3.00 is reasonable and possibly pays for the space or even photocopies. These are not the ones I have spoke of, and I do know a couple people here to charge 20 plus dollars each for a class and they do give out new coupons. That is the incentive they give to ppl, come here to learn and I will give you great new ones to get going! Its messed up ppl do this and even more so someone would pay for it. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to coupon!
    So those that do want to post and know or want to know pm me and we can let eachother know..
    Bronwen likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I am so saddened the people in my area think this way....if everyone on Sc thought this way there would be no posts on deals or coupons....part of the joy of couponing is sharing....everyone has a tough time finding coupons but thinking this way will not help.....I will be sure to post in other areas whenever I have extra coupons to share....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I am happy to hear there are lots of generous couponers still here in the city. I get a rush when someone asks me about my coupon binder and I gladly write down a bunch of websites for them to help them get started. I cant imagine charging them for free advice to help them find free information on the internet and free coupons. Sure it may take some time helping someone figure out deals but its social free time. I remember when I first joined SC and a fellow member in a nearby city reached out to me out of the blue and helped me get started. She gave me so much information and advice all for free she asked for nothing in return she was so awesome and made me so happy. These acts of kindness are what makes this site and these deals work for all of us. We are all trying to save money in these hard times and all SC'ers generosity and sharing has helped me learn to build a big stockpile and save hundreds of dollars a month so I can now buy my kids lots of things they need and put them in learning programs that I never could afford before. Keep paying it forward. Karma.
    Truly thank you all and especially Watergirl73.
    sharkie and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I agree I have met more generous couponers in Brantford than cheap ones, and I make a point to give coupons to people in line ahead of me or behind me and I almost always leave coupons in front of the product they are for, so the next person can use them.

I personally find it kind of annoying to have someone who doesn't even live in Brantford come on and trash talk about people living here. I've only lived here for a few years and it bugs me, can't imagine people who were born and raised here feel about being put down and called cheap, especially when we are dealing with someone who is ruining it for all of us (the 'coupon thief'). It's difficult to know what to do in this type of situation. If I ever do find tearpads I post when but not where and if someone asks I pm them and tell them where. Maybe that will help keep us able to share but not tip off whoever it might be that goes around stealing them? Any suggestions are fine by me
    addismom likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I am from the Brantford area although I live on the outskirts....I was born in Brantford and lived there most of my life.....as far as trashing anyone that is not true....what I find disgusting is people saying let's not post about coupons or share our knowledge.....that is not what Sc is about.....As for QueenH I am happy you feel the way you do about things....keep being postive the way you are and it will come back to you many times over.

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What I find very frustrating is that when I started a post a very long time ago about posting what coupons and deals were found to post to fellow ppl in Brantford.. Not very many ppl posted, in fact it was the same few ppl. I would ask anyone find anything, and no reply.. Then I go into the general forum for deals, brags, new coupons and that is where I see thgs posted from a person in Brantford. THe ones I have seen have always been from the same person.(but I may of missed others!). So how is that sharing with fellow ppl that live here?? Im sure most ppl go to the Brantford part first to see if anything posted, typically nothing is. By the time I get to look through all the posts on the other mentioned forums the coupons or deals are done or all gone. So for those who feel its bad that ppl who live in Brantford don't share there info and coupons in the Brantford forum, dont you think it makes more sense to post for the local area? If they want to post twice thats fine too..
    I also remember some local ppl who get extreme amounts of the inserts (and not by recycle walking) and when asked if they had any to share, trade etc, the reply I was given was, they give to the same people only and the ppl they have actually met or they wouldn't part with any. I have no problem with someone making that decision( its none of my buisness), the problem I have is the same person insulting other SC in the area for not sharing,posting,etc. Plus this is the person I have seen many posts about coupons, deals that they got and it wasn't posted on the Brantford Forum..
    I do find it awful to hear the comments about some locals that didnt show up for there roak envies, so now doing it out of area. I know it sucks if you are waiting on someone and they dont show, but I do know that things happen especially when you have kids.. I leave the envies that I roak in my mailbox for them to pick up, that way it doesn't affect anyones schedule..
    I have gone recycle walking a few times with other SC and its a good way to get exercise and have a great laugh with friends and of course get cpns!!!!
    Its great some people have the guts to take their children to go recycle pick, it wouldnt be my choice, but hey good for her.
    For those that dont know in our area there are a few sc that do coupon,recycle pick occasionally (when inserts out) for the purpose of donating to Coupons For Charity here in Brantford. This program helps stock the food bank shelfs. Artzygeal started it all along with myself, and a couple others..(sorry cant remem the sc name for them!) Also Artzygeal does run coupon classes, for general public for free and for ppl on Ontario Works, ODSP, etc.. THis program is working hand in hand with the groups here that assist those in need. If you have coupons you will not be using, or they are expiring soon, or whatever the reason this charitable group will gladly take the coupons to help stock the shelves. The website is up and running now and does have the charitable status.
    I know for myself I was discouraged by the lack of overall communication in the Brantford forum and have joined other local Brantford coupon groups. If anyone is interested to do this please pm me and I will let you know.. I find it's good looking at that and Sc..
    Good luck to all searching for coupons in Brantford!! I get most of my coupons out of town at a few stores. They typically have lots in stock.. I think one thing people do need to remember is Brantford has a lot of poor people and many are on tight fixed incomes. So coupons being put out will go quicker just because more people are in need than some other Cities.. So it may not be one person taking all the coupons all the time, plus depending on when coupons are put out through the month. We all know here in Brantford that everything is busy the beg of month and then baby bonus time.. It is very sad that so many ppl live that way, but on the other hand it seems to be the norm for many ppl in Brantford. I live in Brantford now, and have for 7 years, I find the way of life, the amount of people struggling, on assistance extreme compared to where I grew up and lived until moving here. In saying that when you can't find coupons here, try to remember how high the level of ppl struggling is, and with that, we will have that many more ppl looking to save money and use coupons... Which is great if they do.. I rarely get coupons local, I tend to get all mine out of town where I am from. I am always telling ppl if there is somethg they are looking for, let me know, if I see it I will grab you a few, or if I have it and more than one or two I will gladly share.
    artzyGeal and Bronwen like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I think if you actually go to and look at most of the coupon posts they are usually posted in the coupon section and not locally....it goes that way for every area...that way everyone gets to know what coupons are out....As far as saving inserts for people I have only met to me I think that is fair....in the begining I use to post in our local area when ever I had extra inserts....like I said earliar peop[le would say yes and then I would hold them for them and then they would not show up....so it was after that I changed how I did things and it certainly has worked out.....you made some great valid points about their being alot of poverty in Brantford compared to other places....I also believe their are some selfish people who take more coupons than they should....but I also look at it the other way too...on each tear pad their are about 100 coupons....if each person only took 5 that would mean only 20 people would get the coupons.....that is not alot of people....

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

I was at Metro tonight - found a ton of new tearpads, most were empty. Some had about 10 left on the pads. There were I few I was able to grab if anyone wants extras (not looking for anything in return of course):

$1 wub2 dozen eggs (Oct 20 2012)
    $0.50 Perier water

The ones that were gone:

$0.75 off Crispers ( not sure of details since all were missing)
    $$ some kind of Minute rice one, again all missing
    $$ Dempsters all gone
    $0.50 Source yogurt

I did smile as I saw what appeared to be a mom and daughter shopping using a few coupons. I had only brought three with me (Hersheys drops, Parm cheese and Del Monte fruit twists) since it was just a quick in and out, or I would have gladly asked if they needed any more. Maybe it was someone on SC??

Trading Score
    171 (100%)

This reminds me, at no frills yesterday morning there was a full pad of $1 WUB 2 dozen eggs. I imagine after two days of shopping they are probably gone but you could get lucky!

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

At Sobeys tonight ( or 1 am today) they have the .50c off real bacon bits (kraft) and .75c off lifestyle Peakfreans. That was it for the store.
    At Shoppers West Brnt they have 1.00 off any tresseme product exp june 2013, the 2 mens razor ones that were out abit ago, 3.00 off any Motrin in gel filled tabs exp feb 2013, Canestan ones and couple other medicine ones I didnt take them or really look, they have been out for awhile..(zantac was empty)
    Oh yes, wanted to post at Sobeys anyone needing a rubbermaid juice container, the ones with the 2.00 off nestea prod coupon inside it, these are on 50 percent off so 2.50 now.. There was lots at the back of the store by the milk.. Minibel light (yellow package) they had a few bags of them on for 1.99, they do expire in about a week, but they may freeze well, and if you have any 1.00 off coupon it will only make them.99c! They are not with all the minibel cheeses, they are further back, in one that had packaged colcuts in front of the deli area.
    If you havent used you free taco kits coupons yet, I finally found the mild one with 3.00 off ground beef and the spicy one with 4.00 off chicken!! You will have to look to the back of the shelf, but there are some there!!
    Thats all I have found today!

addismom
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    I was at Metro tonight - found a ton of new tearpads, most were empty. Some had about 10 left on the pads. There were I few I was able to grab if anyone wants extras (not looking for anything in return of course):

$1 wub2 dozen eggs (Oct 20 2012)
    $0.50 Perier water

The ones that were gone:

$0.75 off Crispers ( not sure of details since all were missing)
    $$ some kind of Minute rice one, again all missing
    $$ Dempsters all gone
    $0.50 Source yogurt

I did smile as I saw what appeared to be a mom and daughter shopping using a few coupons. I had only brought three with me (Hersheys drops, Parm cheese and Del Monte fruit twists) since it was just a quick in and out, or I would have gladly asked if they needed any more. Maybe it was someone on SC??

If you want the minute rice cup coupons, I can give you some.. I have found them at many stores, especially out of Brantford. They are for the instant rice cups.. Crisper Coupons are .50 cents off, I can give you a couple of those too..
    I was there Fri late afternoon and there were lots of coupons, the gravy package ones, lipton sidekicks, bread,milk,pintys,crispers,crisco,pam,oil,2 yog ones, eggs,smuckers booklets, pedigree,and a few more, theywere full tear pads, I cant thk of them all right now,.. Most had been out for week or two but a few were brand new ones.. I just got the ones I didnt have lready.. If your looking for something just pm me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information