User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: SDM Promo Once Per Card Starting Fri 14

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Shoppers has posted this on there website.

Due to the overwhelming response to the 8000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points offer on select Kraft products, effective Friday, September 14th, 2012, there is a limit of one 8000 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points offer per customer with the purchase of any four (4) participating Kraft products until the end of the promotional period, Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 (while quantities last). Participating products include: Kraft Peanut Butter (1kg and 750g/all varieties), Maxwell House Coffee (all varieties), Ahoy! Extras Cookies (182g/all varieties), Ritz Crackers (225g/all varieties), Tassimo Coffee Discs (all varieties), Stride and Trident Gums (Multipacks of 3/all varieties) and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bars (100g/all varieties). Points will be awarded to customers’ accounts by Friday, September 28th, 2012.

*Points are issued on the purchase of eligible products using a valid Shoppers Optimum Card®. Excludes Shoppers Optimum® MasterCard® points and points associated with the RBC® Shoppers Optimum® Banking Account. Cannot be used with any other offer or promotion. Offer valid until September 23, 2012 while quantities last. We reserve the right to limit quantities. No rainchecks.
    Participating products include: Kraft Peanut Butter (1kg and 750g/all varieties), Maxwell House Coffee (all varieties), Ahoy! Extras Cookies (182g/all varieties), Ritz Crackers (225g/all varieties), Tassimo Coffee Discs (all varieties), Stride and Trident Gums (Multipacks of 3/all varieties) and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate Bars (100g/all varieties).

So it looks like there will be a limit of 8000 BP per optimum card period. (no matter what you buy or how many transactions you do.)
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by luc_anna; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.

Get in, Sit down, shut up and hold on!

If it's free it's for me! newwestcouponer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That really annoys me... I special ordered some bars so that I could get in on the promo, and I'm supposed to go pick them up tomorrow. Not. Cool.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

This is frustrating to me. They should have let the promo go as it was and just put a limit of 8 per family of the promotional items. I have to wait till the 28th or whatever for my points to get credited now? That's just stupid. So what if I buy the items to cash out for this weekends sale? I have to wait and miss the sale now because my points wont get added right away?
    Last edited by gameprogirl; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    This is frustrating to me. They should have let the promo go as it was and just put a limit of 8 per family of the promotional items. I have to wait till the 25th or whatever for my points to get credited now? That's just stupid. So what if I bought the items to cash out for this weekends sale? I have to wait and miss the sale now because my points wont get added right away?
    Arrrgh!
    Memories of the Zellers 50% off any one item deal, last December, where they changed the rules half way through.

How can such a big company like Shoppers not anticipate the popularity of this deal. Huh?!?!

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Did anyone buy any since this announcement today?
    And if so, did you buy more than 4 and receive the points?
    For example 8 and got 16,000 points.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

deleted
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: double post

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Some people have with success, others did not get points. Seems to be dependent on stores
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Some people have with success, others did not get points. Seems to be dependent on stores
    Yup ..couponmummy did one today a few hrs back and still go them

Some others didn't..so even the various stores are not following the instruc​tions of their HO and have started implementing the rule already , one day before the official HO deadline .

cheryls
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

so annoying .. like do your research before you put on a promotion like this .. honestly i think they are well aware of what will happen

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Lets be honest, on the "other site" there is talk of one member getting almost $30,000 worth of points. No store can predict that kind of hoarding. Its beyond imagination that one person would buy enough to get that money points. I am sure that they had a worst case scenario in mind for this deal, and I think them changing the rules shows just how off there were on their worst case scenario. I mean, lets be completely honest here, who felt justified buying over 300 chocolate bars in one day?

This deal was too good to be true from the beginning, and they really should have had a limit from day one.
    I am not annoyed that they imposed a limit now - now it makes it just like most other BP offers. How many offers do they normally have where you have to print a coupon for your BP's and wait for them? Using only one per card. They have now brought this promo into line with those. I have no issues with that.

The basis of the problem with this promotion was that they allowed you to earn bonus points when redeeming points. I believe that this is something they should look at in the future to change. If these same people had to pay out of pocket for the points most would not have done so.
    Last edited by Safyre; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
    uanoor, BC Gal, SavenRaven and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

so if we've already been awarded bonus points (prior to Sep 14). Does that mean after friday, if I go to purchase 4 more I won't get the bonus points?
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is much better than what Zellers did. Zellers just cut that promo and people at the stores were turned away. Shoppers is letting people keep the points they have already accumulated and is still letting people get in on this deal (just with limits). And is posting a notice on its site beforehand. Who has found chocolate bars anyway? I wanted 8 more but couldn't find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Arrrgh!
    Memories of the Zellers 50% off any one item deal, last December, where they changed the rules half way through.

How can such a big company like Shoppers not anticipate the popularity of this deal. Huh?!?!
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 08:30 PM.
    uanoor and Suzieq1974 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    146 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Yes I bought 8 chocolate bars today and got all my bonus points without any problem. That was 4 at a time though.
    Last edited by Valhalla; Thu, Sep 13th, 2012 at 08:34 PM.

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvToUseCoupons View Post
    Finally found bars yesterday afternoon, but was able to purchase 4 at one location today at 545pm, and was able to purchase 8 at a second location just after 6pm. I received the proper points for both transactions...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too did three transactions tonight and got the bonus points right away.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information