• 4 Post By ssbean
  • 3 Post By glenglen
  • 2 Post By krysta lynne
  • 1 Post By Sunraven
  • 1 Post By MostarkaGirl

Thread: Walmart Shocker!!!! Confused Cashier

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

My sister and I went to the Walmart in Scarborough at Milner. We get to the cash register to cashout, my sister gave a flyer for a price match and gave the coupons with the products, then the cashier said that as of a week ago the store policy had changed, she said that we can still price match but we couldnt use the coupons when we price matched!!! We asked to speak with a Manager and she tried to ignore us, then she said this is the policy and thats the way it is. I finally yelled at her and said you call a manager right now!!!, she walked over to customer service and they all said there is no policy here to that effect, no one had ever heard of this...She then walked back to continue cashing out our groceries, she asked my sister for the coupons and put through the items using the Pricematch and coupons and this lady still didnt want to admit that she was wrong!! Finally in the end she said that the store's policy changes so much that its hard for them to keep up with the changes and she apoligized.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Yes, I truely believe that there are some that make up their own rules. This proved it.
    glenglen, bluzsuz, Candini and 1 others like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

*sighs with relief*
    if it was true that would be a disaster for us!!
    glenglen and ssbean like this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't condone the yelling part...at all.... but i am happy to hear that the issue got resolved. Thanks for letting us know that sometimes it appears to be an individuals policy rather than a store policy. Good to know.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I have been told the same thing but when I ask to talk to a manager it changes! Glad it worked out for you.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Yes some cashiers make up the rules as they go sounds like she didn't want to do it so she tried to get out of it glad you got it resolved!
    ssbean, Judyhill and couponer2 like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

scarey... glad you stood your ground, that is my store too, I thought they said that once to me a short while ago, oh yes, it was a coupon that said " not to be used with any other offer" and cashier tried to say PM was the other offer. Just silliness. I just leave the item if they won't play ball, take my coupon and try another cashier on another day.
    Good you got what you were buying.

babies teach us acceptance

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i condone the yelling part. not a screeching but sometimes a raised voice is the only way to get a point across to someone who is being belligerent. good for you for standing your ground
    MostarkaGirl and Aimz like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    My sister and I went to the Walmart in Scarborough at Milner. We get to the cash register to cashout, my sister gave a flyer for a price match and gave the coupons with the products, then the cashier said that as of a week ago the store policy had changed, she said that we can still price match but we couldnt use the coupons when we price matched!!! We asked to speak with a Manager and she tried to ignore us, then she said this is the policy and thats the way it is. I finally yelled at her and said you call a manager right now!!!, she walked over to customer service and they all said there is no policy here to that effect, no one had ever heard of this...She then walked back to continue cashing out our groceries, she asked my sister for the coupons and put through the items using the Pricematch and coupons and this lady still didnt want to admit that she was wrong!! Finally in the end she said that the store's policy changes so much that its hard for them to keep up with the changes and she apoligized.
    Another SC'er had a similar problem with this Milner store, the cashier even had a note next to the till about it, the SC'er called head office about it and they said the store misunderstood the policy change and that they were going to have a talk with the manager again. So I think there was a change of some kind and the managers didn't communicate properly to the cashiers.

That's my store too, so I'm glad it got worked out.
    walkonby likes this.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Unfortunately, sometimes raising your voice is the only way to get your point across with people that just simply wont listen when you are speaking in respectful manner. They need to be told!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky777s View Post
    I don't condone the yelling part...at all.... but i am happy to hear that the issue got resolved. Thanks for letting us know that sometimes it appears to be an individuals policy rather than a store policy. Good to know.
    krysta lynne likes this.

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I get that you dont condone the yelling part, but she was ignoring us and continuing to pricematch the items and not use the coupons, I had to do this so she could stop ringing through the items. I have never had to do this before and hopefully it wont happen again at this location. Thanks for your comment.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    it was a coupon that said " not to be used with any other offer" and cashier tried to say PM was the other offer. Just silliness. I just leave the item if they won't play ball, take my coupon and try another cashier on another day.
    I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard that. I don't want to wait for the manager to come, hold up the line, etc., so I ask the cashier to put it back. There are many other stores/cashier that PM without difficulty and I like to get home ASAP so I can spend time with family and not arguing with strangers. (Hey, arguing with family is free and I can do it in the comfort of my own home! )

If the managers can't be bothered to educate their employees on what I would think is a common occurance (maybe it's not so common?), then they don't need the profits. Businesses exist to make profits and some of them lose sight of that goal at times.

As I'm leaving, I sometimes think of what DH says and what WOB's post reminded me of. "I'm taking my ball and going home!"

I feel for you because the longer you use coupons, the more often you'll hear that you can't PM with coupons and many, many other odd things. Prepare to be shocked again at a cashier near you!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Tue, Sep 18th, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Last time I tried to PM and use a coupon at Walmart, I was told that it wasn't allowed. I didn't fight it (it was late and busy) but I will be checking next time. I never had an issue before. Good for you to stand your ground!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had problems all the way up to the store manager. If you can't resolve it peacefully, then just email the HQ and they'll fix it for you (might take a couple weeks though).

Thread Information