User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MortgageQueen

Thread: If you want to know about the world economy. . . .

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I realize the tiltle is a bit dramatic. . .but the explanation of paper money and world economies I thought was well explained. This info is nothing new to me, as I agree with him. It's true Canada is high up in the economic chain. . BUT. .we are still at the mercy of the world economy.
    Not a bad time to buy a bit of gold.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/faber...csYC7HDRA.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    aemi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Very interesting, thanks for posting
    I'm not sure if you are familiar with 'Anonymous', the face/mask associated with the wall street protests.. anyway this person has a video on youtube recommending that if people wish to change the system, to stop investing in companies but instead to invest in resources so i find it very interesting that this video is recommending the same thing in gold.
    I am glad he touched on realestate to, as even here in Quebec the only people who have come to see my house that is for sale have been 3 people looking to buy cheap, renovate and rent for a few years till they can cash in. Thankfully one of these 3 people loved my house enough that even after i refused their first unofficial offer, they came back for a second look and took a water sample.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MortgageQueen View Post

finally gold is getting mainstream..
    its up 13% year to date, & 19% compounded over last 10years.
    QE3 ($40 billion per month open ended MBS purchase) has triggered the initiation of economic implosion.
    Gold is the only safe place to invest.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Must give you credit Ashedfc, you've been saying that all along. . .

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fact is Gold is still the same, its not going up.
    Its the paper money which is going down...

so, you need more & more of paper money to buy same amount of Gold..
    This kind of open-ended QE3 (with no end date) has the potential to trigger massive inflation, taking Gold to 10's of thousands of dollars per ounce..

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Is it better to buy gold or better to buy mutual funds that deal primarily with gold and precious metals?
    Is it safe to have the physical gold around (theft) or have certificates related to gold?
    Thanks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just remember this..
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. — Norm Franz.

& nowadays all currency (be it US$, CAD$, AUD$, NZD$, Japanese Yen, British Pound, Euro, CHF, RMB, INR, etc) are all debt of the issuer (Govt.) None of them are backed by anything tangible other than a promise to pay....
    & we all are hoarding it in various accounts; unaware that the issuer can issue unlimited quantities & devalue the existing one in circulation..

My suggestion is stay away from certificates, they can turn worthless if the issuer goes bankrupt. Same goes for futures contracts, options contract, ETF, etc.. they are all derivatives of Gold (they are NOT Gold) most of them do not have the Gold to deliver on their promise..
    Only trust those who store the real bullion... either you store it yourself (which the wealthy investors are already doing by storing their physical bullion in vaults in various locations worldwide), or use someone who offers this facility, there are Gold bullion funds available, you can buy them for as less as $1000.
    Your advisor should be able to help you.

Note- in this current economic scenario "not having any allocation to gold" is the biggest risk.. nowadays everything (almost every asset price is tied to the USD) & do not forget the dollar has previously collapsed in its history.. Continental dollar (it can/will happen again)..
    http://constitutiontimes.com/dead-dollars
    Last edited by ashedfc; Sun, Sep 16th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's to see some people are awake and awakening. Gold / silver, food supply are the only way through the next transfer of wealth. I was lucky my dad as a young kid told me to buy silver / gold. I have added to my portfolio over the years. MAKE SURE YOU BUY PHYSICAL SILVER NOT SLV OR GLD. They are stocks and you don't own the metal. Don't store it in a bank if there is a "Bank Holiday" your screwed.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The housing market globally will crash.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have to say buy the physical gold, but not keep it with a bank or institution. It could still be seized by gov't.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would have to say buy the physical gold, but not keep it with a bank or institution. It could still be seized by gov't.
    True. And where do you keep it then? And if the gov declares illegal for a citizen to have physical gold, what options are there left anyways? (It did happen, communist countries in East Europe).
    Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Get up to 18 GB in free online storage when you sign-up using this link -> http://db.tt/218DjYg

Thread Information