User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: The Sobeys Tomato Harvest - Free groceries!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you did it right, this was by far the deal of the year, even better than nesteas and SDM chocolate.....good job
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm sorry to be so thick guys but I don't get how you were able to make money on your transactions.I don't have a copy of the Sobeys flyer so can't even look there for a clue...if somebody has time....Thanks, Thanks, Thanks,Thanks!
    ssbean likes this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I made 2.5x the amount on the chocolate deal as opposed to what I made with the Sobeys deal. Nestea I got 300+ cases. You can't beat getting REAL food for free though, so I appreciate the Sobeys deal the most.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpersmom View Post
    I'm sorry to be so thick guys but I don't get how you were able to make money on your transactions.I don't have a copy of the Sobeys flyer so can't even look there for a clue...if somebody has time....Thanks, Thanks, Thanks,Thanks!
    Much like the Cadbury thing (which I didn't really participate in), the cost of the Unico food was equal to or less than the amount of points you were being awarded for each purchase. Like someone else wrote, real food is waaaaay more important to me than chocolate bars or free Nestea so I didn't even mind when beans were costing me $0.06/can or I was "only" making $0.10 per can.

If someone could find the paste at the right price, they would spend much less to buy it than they would get back in points.

I started this whole thing with an initial investment of around $24 and then every subsequent purchase I made by redeeming Sobeys points, but on each shop I earned more points than I redeemed or earned at least an equal amount of points (give or take a few cents) and it was REAL food so it was worth it.
    Last edited by betholio; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 07:48 PM.
    ssbean and couponing4life like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I will mention that I don't think there are a lot of Sobey's deal in which you can make money but with the right price, coupon and points you can get things cheaply.

Like someone else mentioned, I will be buying evaporated milk this week but not that much. I think for me it works out to be around ~$0.25 at my store's prices.

These Sobeys deals are kind of a pain because often in the flyer they list the bonus points but don't list the price of the item and of course you need to know the price to assess the value.

P.S. Lots of blah blah on my part, but at least two cashiers mentioned to me that there was a great Kraft Dinner deal last year. Buy $22 of KD and get $30 back in points. I didn't get in on that deal. One cashier told me that all her co-workers cleared the shelves on that one.
    orchidgirl and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Thanks for the info!!
    ssbean likes this.
    We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Do you know the price on the Carnation? I have coupons but want to make sure it's worthwhile to go

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by betholio View Post
    I will mention that I don't think there are a lot of Sobey's deal in which you can make money but with the right price, coupon and points you can get things cheaply.

Like someone else mentioned, I will be buying evaporated milk this week but not that much. I think for me it works out to be around ~$0.25 at my store's prices.

These Sobeys deals are kind of a pain because often in the flyer they list the bonus points but don't list the price of the item and of course you need to know the price to assess the value.

P.S. Lots of blah blah on my part, but at least two cashiers mentioned to me that there was a great Kraft Dinner deal last year. Buy $22 of KD and get $30 back in points. I didn't get in on that deal. One cashier told me that all her co-workers cleared the shelves on that one.
    I totally remembered that deal...made like $30 in one transaction..it was sweet..wish they would do that again...lol
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Do you know the price on the Carnation? I have coupons but want to make sure it's worthwhile to go
    I think that's part of the problem....different Ontario Sobeys have different prices. My closest Carnation milk is more expensive than my pal's store. When I was doing the Unico thing I ran into different prices on paste, olives and beans. My pal (who lives closer to the GTA) was getting much lower prices on everything so basically everything was profitable for her.

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Another one of my favourite Club Sobeys' deals, was a couple of years ago and involved English muffins.

The deal was "Get 200 Club Sobeys points when you buy 2 Dempsters Plain English Muffins @ 99 cents each"!!

Not quite a money maker but it made each package about 40 cents each at the lowest redemption level.

I bought tons over the week and we had English muffins coming out of our ears!!

baggypants

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I think it is $1.99.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I wish I had known about this. Great shopping.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

This is by far the deal of the summer! I didn't get in on the chocolate bars, was too cheep to pay the tax lol, and had no points to start so it would have cost too much. With a can good deal like that I wouldn't have thought twice about investing a little $ at the beginning! We have air miles, not club sobeys. I don't think they have air miles promos that offer that good of a return, but I'll be watching now. Congrats on your haul, you'll be set for a year or two. I have about 80 cases of Nestea if you want to trade!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information