User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: Cashiers!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yes that annoys me!!!! or when they stand there and tap their card or keys... tapping will NOT make me scan faster!
    LOL just do like I have on a few occassions and walk away. :D

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Yes that annoys me!!!! or when they stand there and tap their card or keys... tapping will NOT make me scan faster!
    I'l tap and I'll tap and I'll blow your cash down...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    What I don't get is that when customers buy "heavy" items. They can put them into the cart, they put them into the car, they carry them into their house and they move them to wherever it is they are going to use them but ask them to put the upc up so you can scan it and it is all of a sudden tooo heavy. The 12 packs of bottled water are the items that irk me. They weigh about 10 lbs. Who can't lift 10 lbs.
    Me. I can't. I look like I should be able to. But actually have pretty serious back issues. Don't assume just because someone looks "fine".

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have had another customer ask me if I could put a heavier item in their cart, so they may not have picked it up themselves
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I ended my shift on Friday and had to do a quick shop(had my cart purse products in cart) and apx half an aisle a women yells hey you lift this in my cart, I bite my toungue and said sorry I am shopping you will have to ask someone else. See now if she asked me nicley maybe but don't sshout at me or demand. Customers need to reamber respect works both ways YOU want it try giving it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

People see me rummaging through my purse, VERY CLEARLY and demand I do things for them. The purse and personal belongings aren't part of my uniform, honey. I'm not on the clock right now!

I don't know if these people are just totally clueless or if they just couldn't give less of a crap and think my free time is worth less than theirs.
    FallenPixels, KK7, GoJays and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaPantz View Post
    I myself am a cashier, and it is part of my training to be courteous to the customer. That being said, I personally do not think that I should be as courteous if:

C: the customer raises his/her voice or throws items at me - this has happened and I just left my cash for fear of doing something that could not be easily remedied
    This happens...so sad.

I use self check out when ever possible...I'm picky how my groceries are packed...lol
    LF: Colgate Toothpaste $1.50, Huggies & Pampers Coupons

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Im a cashier and I also use self checkout when possible too!!!! Im very picky how my bags are packed!

Quote Originally Posted by orchidgirl View Post
    This happens...so sad.

I use self check out when ever possible...I'm picky how my groceries are packed...lol
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

to be honest, I SAY THANK YOU to the cashier for all what she/he 's done!

for a min wage and doing all this while standing on her feet long hours , put up with customers like that , i really appreciate it !

i don't mind even bagging my own groceries!!

the only thing i wish for in all cashiers, is to know how to deal with coupons, and that's about it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At Walmart, the Greeters are the ones who are supposed to say "Thank you for shopping at our store" or something similar. They are the first and last impressions of the store and thus should appropriately welcome and bid farewell to customers in this way.

Cashiers are taught to engage the customer, talk to them, be friendly, be courteous, aware, and empathetic. Even if the customer is rude i.e. intonation, talking on a cellphone, we are not allowed to "snap" in any way. If the customer is holding up a 7-person line for a .50c price difference that needs supervisor / department manager approval, we have to deal with that and the impatience of the other people in line that follows. That's fine and all. Part of the job. You bag their things, process the money, while talking to them perhaps about what they're buying, better deals in the stores, about available coupons, etc. then bidding them a good day. That's all. If the customer says "thank you," I take it as "thank you for properly separating my meats from vegetables, cans from bread, etc. and being friendly to me" to which I merely reply, "You're welcome. Have a great day."

I sure as heck won't say "Thank you for shopping here rather than going to Super C" or whatever. Again, the Greeters are trained to do that. Plus it's super cheesy at the check-out and I think people want to be told to have a nice day rather than "THANKS FOR GIVING ME YOUR MONEY" as that seems distasteful.

My service has earned me over fifty "Star Cards (for good service)" in four months. I'm doing something right.

My one pet-peeve with customers is when they place their blue basket on the belt and expect me to unpack it and then repack into bags. I had a lady once whose daughter went to unpack and she stopped her, snapping, "That's her job; not ours." Well, excuse me lol I'll just put your raw meats in with your lettuce now /jk

As for heavy items, Walmart trains employees not to lift things like cat litter, batteries, etc. because of health risks. If we hurt our backs lifting it, they have to pay us for time off, and it goes on our record that we didn't follow protocol. It also looks bad on the front-end manager who perhaps didn't overlook training properly. Everyone gets screwed. I have a pre-existing back problem as well, and it's awk-worthy when customers put the Maxx litter on the belt, I scan it with the gun, and when I ask them to take it off, it's like they could never lift it in the first place and I should be the one to do it. Well, sorry. My gun broke the other day and I had to lift a 20lb bag of salt up to the manual scanner. I pulled a shoulder muscle because of lifting it. I'm not doing that again lol
    Last edited by Yusshin; Tue, Sep 25th, 2012 at 12:31 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

customers dont care about that Yusshin if ur back hurts it just doesnt matter i had a lady who came thru my line when i was closed for my lunch break then proceeded to threaten my job

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information