User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: You can potentially get $ 15- $ 50, if you bought or will buy Activia yogurt

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Millions of Canadians benefit from class-action settlement against yogurt maker

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/a...t-yogurt-maker

http://www.collectiva.ca/en/dossiers..._Agreement.pdf

Millions of yogurt-eating Canadians are eligible for a little windfall from Danone Inc., from a class-action lawsuit about advertising health claims.

A Montreal woman had brought the lawsuit against the Canadian subsidiary of the global diary giant in October, 2009, a few weeks after the U.S. subsidiary settled a class-action lawsuit over the same issues.

The two sides announced the Canadian settlement on Monday.

In both cases, the lawsuits challenged Danone’s claims that Activia yogurt or DanActive probiotic drinks could aid digestion or prevent colds.

And in both cases, Danone settled without admitting any wrongdoing, although agreeing to modify its advertising claims.

In Canada, anyone who bought or will buy Activia yogurt of DanActive drinks between April 1, 2009 and Nov. 6, 2012, is eligible for from $15 to $50, depending on how much they spent.

Claims are to be filed through the website www.collectiva.ca.

The settlement is subject to a routine final approval by the Quebec Superior Court at a hearing on Nov. 6. Claims are to be made within 90 days of that court hearing and require a proof of purchase or a sworn statement.

The woman who brought the lawsuit, Emmanuelle Sonego, chief financial officer at Zuomod furniture company in Montreal, will receive $5,000.
    Sonego and her lawyer, David Assor of Lex Group in Westmount, Que., declined comment, although legal notices of the settlements were published on Monday.
    “We have accepted, without acknowledging the grounds raised by the petitioner, to clarify certain … communications,” company spokeswoman Anne-Julie Maltais told the Star.

“The company decided to settle the matter to avoid further litigation.”

She called it “premature” to speculate on how much money Danone will have to pay Canadian customers.

None of the disputed health benefit claims currently appears on the company’s Canadian website.

The U.S. class action lawsuit, filed in January 2008, and settled in September 2009, paid out only about $1 million from an available fund of $35 million. Dannon, as the U.S. subsidiary is known, also paid $21 million to 39 states in an attorney-general led consumer protection multi-state settlement.

The U.S. Federal Trade Commission had ruled in December 2010 on the states’ challenge to the dairy company.
    “Companies like Dannon shouldn’t exaggerate the strength of scientific support for their products,” FTC chairman Jon Leibowitz said at the time.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Mon, Sep 24th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

whoo hoo! Activia is my regular yogurt

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponingQueen View Post
    whoo hoo! Activia is my regular yogurt
    keep the receipts for past and future purchases

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

So this isn't confirmed yet, but if they approve it, you are to save the receipts and give them the info? I can't give in the receipt now right? It says on November 6th so is that when I am to check back for the answer?
    jaydenmoorie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

its weird they are allowing this for future purchases too and not just past purchases

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

wow interesting!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Just a guess but it may be because there is still current packaging Activia on store shelves and people may buy those before being aware that this settlement has occurred. Yes, it's a large loophole and those who know and still go buy can essentially get a "rebate" but I guess it's just something Danone has to account for.
    jaydenmoorie likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I was a big DanActive drinker. Now wishing I kept my receipts but I will for future purchases!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Interesting.
    Last edited by matrix82; Mon, Sep 24th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I did actually feel like this product helped me, whether that was just my belief or if it actually worked.....who knows? But I felt like it helped me enough that I don't think I'm gonna go for this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I see a price increase and less coupons on all Danone products in the future as they try to recoup costs
    Natalka, Silk, flyingdutch and 2 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I've got at least $8 worth of product in my fridge as we speak. I don't care about cold-curing, I just wanted some yummy yogurt.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't ever recall seeing anything on their packaging regarding it helping with Colds.
    but any yogurt with active bacterial cultures will aid in digestion.
    From what my Dr. told me anyway
    FallenPixels and flyingdutch like this.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Might as well get your money if you bought this product...or will buy it shortly. lol. Bit of a flaw in the program when they post-date the claim period.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

http://www.collectiva.ca/en/dossiers/DanoneInc.php

Read uppeople..if you file a claim that you have purchased Activia yogurt since 2009 you are guaranteed a refund of $15.If you have proof of purcahse youc an qualify for between $15-$50...
    Giving-Small and Anna Michele like this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information