• 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 2 Post By cheapNcheeky
  • 1 Post By ssbean

Thread: Laughing Cow spreadable cheese

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

HI all:

This company has been doing a lot more advertising on TV lately, with dancing cows (laughing of course), and making it sound all too delicious.

Now I'm the first to say I have a cheese problem. I went a bit overboard on my cheese shopping this morning; Sobeys had Philly cream cheese on sale for $2 a tub (bought five!), I went to Costco and bought a log of cranberry goat cheese with the other $70 worth of stuff I was buying, and while I was there I saw Laughing Cow cheese on sale too, so I had to buy some to try.

The package is a circle of wedge-shaped pieces of cheese, each individually wrapped in foil. I can see it would be a good thing to bring to a party or pot luck, people like things that are individually wrapped in those situations. It's very soft, not a cheese you'd really eat by the piece, you spread it on things. We just had a snack of crackers, goat cheese, French bread and a few wedges of this cheese, it worked well spread on the crusty French bread.

But for home use, in a nutshell, I declare it...OK. It doesn't quite taste like cream cheese or goat cheese, and to be honest I prefer those two items to the Laughing Cow. I'll still eat it, it won't go to waste, it isn't bad, but not something that I'll purchase again.

I did see a recipe online using it, you put ham and a wedge of this cheese on a flattened chicken breast, roll it up, secure with a toothpick and coat with breadcrumbs. That does sound tasty.
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco, Sobeys

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

OMG, I adore laughing cow. lol. I pretty much have it every day on Triscuit crackers for a snack.

I had never heard of it until a party, I popped a piece in my mouth because I honestly thought it was like a piece of cheese. lol. Certainly not tasty alone, but on triscuits YUMMY!
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Mix a few wedges of laughing cow into your tomato sauce and it's devine! You get this delicious rose sauce.
    It's also delicious when you add a bit to your mashed potatoes....esp the herb and garlic one.
    pippinelkhound and ssbean like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I love it on toast with jam. So yummy!
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I find cream cheese is just as good for these uses. I still have some left, we ate some on wraps with ham and veggies, a couple wedges of Cow was tasty in them.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

When I used to eat cheese, I would eat these alone..nothing to spread it with just unwrap and pop in my mouth! Mmm they were good!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i like it on breton or melba toast...yummy

~just your average nerd~

Thread Information