User Tag List

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Thread: (UPDATED) Post flyers early on SmartCanucks & get free gift cards

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

This is where we have run into issues before, people complain about the quality of images and then the poster thinks oh well forget it and doesn't bother posting them again and then no one posts them then for ages we waited til couponlady posted them once they were up on the store's website and very few got posted early.
    couponlady and flyingdutch like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

As someone who has now posted 6 flyers early its really hard to please everyone. Even if I took twice as many pictures so that they were close up some would be blurry and some you still wouldn't be able to read completely blurry or not.

Just because some pictures are blurry doesn't mean the person is rushing to post them. Instead it may mean that no matter how steady their hand is the camera is a stupid piece of junk. Point and shoots aren't so great and I don't feel like spending $400 on a good quality camera when I don't use it that often and my $180 one is only a year old.

I agree with Fallen, if people are going to complain that the pictures are blurry then I won't go through the trouble of posting them. Its a lot more work then just taking some pictures. Writting SC on the flyer on each page, taking the pics, uploading them onto the computer, either compressing them so they load quicker or leaving them to take longer to load and then posting. For one flyer it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes dependent on how large it is. Believe me $0.50 for each flyer posted ($5 GC = 10) isn't much incentive and not the only reason why some of us do it.
    Last edited by PurpleBunny89; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Even when I used to get flyers early and posted them, more because Anne threatened violence if I didn't because there was no incentive then, I have an expensive camera and some would still come out flurry, text etc just is not meant to have its photo taken
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Yeah yeah, excuses excuses.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    As someone who has now posted 6 flyers early its really hard to please everyone. Even if I took twice as many pictures so that they were close up some would be blurry and some you still wouldn't be able to read completely blurry or not.

Just because some pictures are blurry doesn't mean the person is rushing to post them. Instead it may mean that no matter how steady their hand is the camera is a stupid piece of junk. Point and shoots aren't so great and I don't feel like spending $400 on a good quality camera when I don't use it that often and my $180 one is only a year old.

I agree with Fallen, if people are going to complain that the pictures are blurry then I won't go through the trouble of posting them. Its a lot more work then just taking some pictures. Writting SC on the flyer on each page, taking the pics, uploading them onto the computer, either compressing them so they load quicker or leaving them to take longer to load and then posting. For one flyer it can take anywhere from 10-20 minutes dependent on how large it is. Believe me $0.50 for each flyer posted ($5 GC = 10) isn't much incentive and not the only reason why some of us do it.
    Well I don't know but it wasn't me ok,lol. I was just giving a reason why some people might complain..
    FallenPixels and flyingdutch like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by salady View Post
    Well that's the thing! Could it be people are posting really crappy images just to get gift cards? If so, then I'm very annoyed. Meanwhile, the people who have good readable images but weren't "quick enough" to post are left out. The gift card incentive is a great bonus SC is offering but for me, the crappy images are not working as a "heads up" either.
    and I wasn't saying people are doing that, I was just thinking out loud lol. Some people just like to help out if they can by posting whatever they can even if a bit blurry and I hope they still do hint hint Purplebunny89.
    Last edited by cabmonk; Fri, Sep 21st, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I agree. If the blurriness bothers you then you can gosh darn wait for the high res image to be available on the stores website. People taking photos with their own cameras are never going to be as good (no insult meant here) as the high res image on the website. It's just the fact. If you are going to look at early posted images, then the bluriness is your trade off. You can't always have it both ways. Plus, it's been my experience that most posters who post fliers early are only too happy to provide clarification if you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    This is where we have run into issues before, people complain about the quality of images and then the poster thinks oh well forget it and doesn't bother posting them again and then no one posts them then for ages we waited til couponlady posted them once they were up on the store's website and very few got posted early.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

sooo - bumping!

in case anyone has the current SDM flyer and would be so kind as to post and take advantage of this offer

a little blurry is fine by me ....
    PurpleBunny89 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    I agree. If the blurriness bothers you then you can gosh darn wait for the high res image to be available on the stores website. People taking photos with their own cameras are never going to be as good (no insult meant here) as the high res image on the website. It's just the fact. If you are going to look at early posted images, then the bluriness is your trade off. You can't always have it both ways. Plus, it's been my experience that most posters who post fliers early are only too happy to provide clarification if you ask.
    Can't agree more. I'd much rather see any flyer early and deal with a bit of bluriness then have to wait a day or two longer to see high res. I'm impatient that way.
    FallenPixels likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It takes lot of time & effort to upload a flyer , take pics etc ..so whoever does that we should be grateful to them instead of complaining.

I have never had any issues with the pics uploaded and if a couple here and there are blurry its not a big deal , its not the end of the world.

Its often the people who have never uploaded a flyer or posted a deal , are the ones who complain a lot.

Some People just want to take advantage of SC withou giving anything back or contributing in any way.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i know i will never won for the earliest flyer......i just want to thank everyone who post early flyers....it helps a lot to know in advance what is on sale

thank you- thank you- thank you-

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

They really help Anne, odd duck and I with the weekly deals threads when they are posted early too - its hard work doing them all on Thursday
    flyingdutch likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Agreed. I never ever ever ever got flyers early where I used to live and was so happy to have the chance to look at them early on SC.

Now that I get a couple earlier at my new place I'm more than happy to pay it forward and post what I can when I can for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    i know i will never won for the earliest flyer......i just want to thank everyone who post early flyers....it helps a lot to know in advance what is on sale

thank you- thank you- thank you-

Trading Score
    282 (100%)

I have to say, I started to post a lot of the Ontario Flyers on Tuesday (I get access to them super early) . I ended up just giving it up because it takes me literally hours...upwards of 5-6 hours at times to upload the 8/9 flyers I get

I really enjoy being able to get them out there for everyone but it is really just so frustrating

Even as I post this I am in the process of uploading a flyer but it has been over a hour and I am still not even half way through.

I am always searching for ways to speed this process up! Maybe I can compress it? Any one know how? or know of a good (free) program I can use?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

jem, try pliska image resizer - we use it at work
    small, free and easy to use.
    I resize the flyers in bulk before I upload them and it compresses as it resizes
    ~ ~ ~

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information