User Tag List

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

woooohoooooooooooo i sold a dryer today, one that i had been trying to get rid of for 3 YEARS!!!!! the buyers were the nicest couple ever so i'm glad they were the ones to buy it. whew! what a relief....i never have to see this dryer ever again.
    Abby5 likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I sell a ton of stuff on Kijiji there are a lot of people who try to scam I have received a couple emails about my child has cancer can I have this for cheap and give me your bank account info i will put the money in your account. If you only deal in cash and meet somewhere you will be fine
    Abby5 and queenkathy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Need to sell some more stuff....it would be great to sell it so I could get some Christmas money!!!! Right now I am not sure how Christmas will happen...I think I will need about $900!!! Crap
    Christmas time you will be able to sell more things especially the last 2 weeks before
    Abby5 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree, lots of nutty people on Kijiji. I have had some pretty good luck in selling stuff, but have to wade thru all the nuts to finally sell. If they don't really want to buy it why do they bother contacting you? I just don't get it. And then there is definitely a scam out there because I have been contacted by these scam artists wanting to buy my item and use Paypal to pay me - then they contact their credit card company who contact Paypal, remove YOUR money by giving them THEIR money back and they also have your item! Be very careful.
    Abby5 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I've had horrible luck with kijiji. I offered music lessons and tutoring. I would get someone that was interested and then they would cancel the day beforehand. It's been very frustrating.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I have someone supposed to be coming today. we will see if she shows up
    Abby5 likes this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Just sorted through tons of the kids toys to list on Kijiji, almost dreading listing them as I hate dealing with the stupid questions. Some of the best are when you just list an item, like 5 minutes earlier and you get a message asking that since you still haven't sold the item would you consider donating it to XYZ for XYY reason and could you please drop it off during specific hours, half way across the city.
    I've discovered a lot of mom groups on Facebook sellling their used toys and clothes. The one Paris/Brant Mum Buy & Sell is very active with nearly 3000 users. You may have more success there than on kijiji though Flamborough is a bit out of that jurisdiction - there are also groups for Hamilton and there's Mommy Trading Post - Oakville, Burlington & Milton
    Abby5, julesie-pie and momgoneawol like this.

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know a woman who was trying to sell her car on kijiji, and the buyer wanted to pay for it with Paypal. I thought that was a little ridiculous imo anyway.

But I know your feeling, I sold a few games once (finally got the right buyer) and this woman wanted to buy the games for her son. So I told her I'd meet her at the mall, eastern entrance where nobody goes in. It's not like she didn't know which mall it was, because I told her (not mentioning the name of the mall on here). I waited for almost 2 hours just to get a notification on my phone saying "I don't want the games anymore, you're charging too much and I don't have that kind of money to spend. I'll go to Future Shop instead." I was so p'd off. And I'm pretty sure Future Shop charges a fortune for most games so I don't understand how 8 bucks is too expensive as opposed to 20 bucks? Oh well, that's people on kijiji for you.

On a positive note, I got my rabbit cage on a seller from kijiji for 30 bucks and the lady even took it out to the car for me, in the pouring rain. I was really happy about that one
    Last edited by smalltowngirl; Thu, Oct 11th, 2012 at 10:43 AM.
    coupon girl likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nainai0585 View Post
    I was looking for a clothing rack for the up coming Mom2Mom sale as I was a vendor and had a lot of clothes to sell. I responded to an ad that indicated that they where open to offers and to make one as no starting price was posted. This is our conversation:
    Me:Will you accept $40 for the clothing rack?
    Seller: No thank you.
    Me: that's odd. Your ad only said to make an offer, which is exactly what I did. You chose to not accept, but then didn't make a counter offer? Hmmmm, you must not want to actually hear people's offers if your not willing to state how much YOU'D be willing to accept for it, then possibly bargain with someone who actually wants to purchase your item. If you don't want to sell or even counter offer, then post your items as "Make an Offer". Because of your failure to communicate, I will give someone else my hard earned money.
    Have a nice day
    Seller: lol>>>we actually need the rack now. Just didn't realize you needed a lengthy explanation. Welcome to the business world honey.
    Me: Most sellers, especially the ones I have dealt with, are courteous to potential buyers and offer an explanation, but I guess common courtesy is loss on some. If your going to be using your item, then please remove it from the ads as its very misleading and many intelligent buyers will assume the item is for sale.
    Seller: Everything is for sale...its all about the price. Just keep your hard earned money.

I left it at that, still misdified that they weren't willing to counter offer. I was willing to go up to $80. This is what ticks me off about some sellers, they want to sell their item but are unwilling to post a price or to haggle. Oh well, I ended up finding a better clothing rack for only $25, and this one spun around so it was easier for buyers at the sale.
    Honestly, this is normal practice and to me you went to extremes. Person said no thank you on your offer.....your next response should had bee maybe up the offer or drop it and buy elsewhere. As always you can find better deals you did.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Smartshopper21 View Post
    I sell a ton of stuff on Kijiji there are a lot of people who try to scam I have received a couple emails about my child has cancer can I have this for cheap and give me your bank account info i will put the money in your account. If you only deal in cash and meet somewhere you will be fine
    Been getting the I am disabled and can't get around, on limited income but want your $1000 item for $100. Have never gotten teh nigera scam yet ( better knock on wood )

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Finally sold 3 items this week!! My did that take a long time!!
    I find i watch items and see if been listed for a while, it its been posted for 4 days + and i want ietm I usually offer a 60-70% asking price as not sold yet.

It seems to take forever to sell anything, I had one item took 2 months and still got my asking price, but was getting emails daily for item so knew was in demand, and asking price with deamnd made me firm on price. If I had jumped on 1st offers I would be less $300 in pocket.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

That happens all the time to me!! So frustrating!

I have 3 like that right now ....what do you do??

I went to meet someone yesterday. We agreed on a price and when I got there they wouldn't pay!! The wanted it for less!! If I did nit want it out of my garage I would have just walked away!
    We agreed on a new price...$15 lower then the price I wanted.
    later I went to meet someone else and they were a no show!! They picked the time!! Not the best time for me..but I want it gone so I said yes...oh kijiji!!

Be like me and FIRM ( pick up only ) and 1st come 1st served ( not holding till your next payday unless we have meet and you leave a 25% + non-refundable deposit - yes even did on some $20 items ). Item sits in garage/walkway no entrance to house for security.

Meeting people is always a hit and miss for no shows, then they will drag you on 3 trips and if they really want , will try and lower price.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Now I am super jealous!!
    I got stood up again ..selling that life jacket---that is three times with three different people!!
    Maddening!!
    Who says different people, could be different phising emails to get better price and know you still have it. I bet you will have a lowball offer coming soon, and you will jump as stoodup too many times..

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Yes i know replied to old posts, but kijiji is a bit FISHY, different situations for all.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have someone coming out tomorrow to look at the car! I am hoping this works out!
    Abby5 likes this.
    Superpoints is back again! Sign up and earn points and cash in for great rewards!
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/7Np...0a_1VnDfDcJDq8 Thank you for using my referral link!

Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information