User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By windowwendy
  • 1 Post By Miabee

Thread: What non-traditional items are sold at your SDM?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Was in Markham yesterday for a baby shower and stopped at SDM yesterday. I was amazed at the selection. Every perfume imaginable. Every high-end cream imaginable. Jewellery by Foxy Originals (which I love, but they can be expensive). Nice purses. Very wide selection of cameras. Freezer section that spanned an ENTIRE WALL.

Seems like the suburban locations have it made with it comes to selection. The Shoppers locations downtown have high rent, so a smaller selection, shelves are usually cleared, and they aren't even open on weekends.

No wonder I read all these brags where people rack up enough points for 5 redemptions. I have to skip most 20X days because the stores are out of stock!

Has anyone bought purses or higher-end jewellery or other items that you wouldn't normally think of at SDM? I'm heading out to one of these stores for redemption time, so want to keep my eyes open for possible items for Xmas gifts
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Seriously foxy originals, love them. Which store are they at? Would be worth the drive from the beach for sure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My local SDM has lot of purses, bags, jewlery, watches, cashmere scalves!!!! Usually you can find them in SDM with Beauty Boutique!!!
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Wow, my 3 SDM's in town are just regular run of the mill. Neither ever really have clearance items either.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nothing like that in my local SDMs. Which SDM is it in Markham?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Not sure. I don't pay attention to the streetnames when DH is driving all I know is that it was not close to where his parents used to live. I know, not helpful. Dh is out of town so can't ask until next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Nothing like that in my local SDMs. Which SDM is it in Markham?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Something I was surprised to see at my SDM recently was Adult toys made by Durex in the condom area... Just saying...
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

windowwendy
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

the shoppers my daughter loves is in the georgain mall in barrie. half the store is beauty and has brands like benifit, urban decay, smash box, stilla, and many potions and lotions. planning on doing one mega redemtion for all her high end needs.....lol
    gracesmommy and torontogal12 like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love the beauty boutiques at the SDMs near me... quite a few have them. (I live in a suburban area so I am not surprised to see well-stocked beauty boutiques.) I went in today and saw some super nice D&G and BCBG watches... seems like the price was typically around 99.99 each. Nice packaging too! I just may get one with my points. They typically have really nice high end stuff... I redeemed my points for Marc Jacobs sunglasses in the past. Until I joined SC I couldn't afford designer sunglasses and now I finally have a pair to call my own!

I love saving my points for luxuries such as handbags and scarves, things that I cringe to buy on a regular basis but just LOVE to have in my closet!
    torontogal12 likes this.
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Thread Information