User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Hey everyone, Im looking to buy myself a new blender this christmas, mainly to make juice and smoothies (from all the Europe's Best coupon I'll be using to buy frozen fruit ) I will definitely need something that can crush ice and frozen fruits.
    any recommendations (or brands to avoid?)

I have had people suggest I buy a Magic Bullet instead, what is the verdict?

thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Europe's Best

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

If you want to chop and such a blender isn't the way to go.

Mmn frozen drinks, chopped ice....

BUT ice is horrible to chop in blenders, for a while it works ok but its really hard on the motors, want to throw a banana in too? Its so much fun constantly having to push the banana back down because it won't blend right.

I've owned about 5 different blenders and they fustrate me. I even have the ice crush one now, its ok but its not great for smoothies, just mixed drinks without fruit (hiccup)

I've heard some great things about the magic bullet, they go on sale at Canadian Tire for 29.99 a lot, and probably will before xmas again.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have both blender and magic bullet. The bullet doesnt chop ice, it really turns it into mush but it does make good smoothies but not good iced capps if that makes sense at all.
    If your main purpose is drinks then I would say a blender that crushes ice well like black and decker or I got the Oster one that dispenses the drink so you don't even have to take it off the base.
    If you have kids and want to puree alot of food and what not then the bullet is the way to go. I love my bullet also for grinding up coffee beans. It smells amazing and so much fresher. Also use it for spices like cinnamon.

I hope I didn't confuse you anymore pm me if you have any questions

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Magic bullet is good for pureeing (like baby food), not good at crushing ice.

CaLoonie lol am loony stardreamer7880's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can make excellent salsa in the magic bullet love that stuff! I don't have one but really want one. Our sons roommate got one when we were staying with them after Hurricane Katrina and I fell in love with it. She made the best salsa I've ever had. Planned to get one but ended up getting a free blender so can't complain but someday I will get the bullet.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have a Hamilton Beach blender, it also has a small food processor attachement. THis it it:

I LOVEEEEEE IT! I got it all WalMart, probably 5 years ago. (It is not exactly the same, but VERY close). The food processor attachement is handy for bigger stuff that won't blend in a blender, or when you just want something chopped. The blender top is glass, and the food processor is plastic. I use both of them ALL the time and they have held up no problem! I also got a second fod proccesor attachement at a yard sale for $3!!!! It also had a slicer and cheese grater attachment. It makes things sooooo much quicker. You should see me make coleslaw!!!! I beleive I paid around $60 for this blender, which is about what it is on amazon.com. I would definately reccommend it!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Magic bullet all the way
    Shop,Free Products,Earn Money Now $$
    http://www.idakoos.com/a/trixyrox

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I totally love my magic bullet! I burnt out the motor though using it so much. I will be buying another one... I love it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juniperjune View Post
    Magic bullet is good for pureeing (like baby food), not good at crushing ice.
    No you're absolutely right. I am pretty sure that's what burnt out my motor and stripped my gears. hehehe... I think when I get my new one I'll likely hammer smash the ice and then do the rest of the process in the bullet.
    I like it because it's small. You can have it right on your counter and it's not intrusive.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I say go with the Bullet, I fin the blenders don't work that well on ice.
    Just browsing why not join us, we would love to have you:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/index.php?referrerid=27681
    kopykatzz

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ILMK, it sounds like they should sell the Magic Bullet with special bonus: Sledge Hammer! Oh the wonders of technology.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Definitely the magic bullet! I have almost every type of blender, chopper, grinder, etc and nothing gets used as much as the magic bullet - it's just so convenient!

I too though find that it doesn't always crush all ice into tiny pieces, i end up with some ice chunks still... that's it's downfall I'd say, not everything always gets totally crushed up.
    I guess if you wanted to make giant batches of stuff then the magic bullet would be more work, since you can't hold that much in the container as you could in a blender.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

thanks for the input everyone,
    it seems a lot of people have good things to say about the bullet, knowing that no kitchen appliance is perfect, I think I will invest in a bullet just to see how it works, if it doesnt turn out as well as I would like, I'll find a higher priced hamilton beach blender which I've heard good things about.

does anyone know if small set, "magic bullet single shot" which usually go for 29.99, is the same quality as the large set, "magic bullet platinum pro" which usually goes between $70-100 ? I know there are more cups/bullet tops for the large set, but is that the only difference?

thanks again everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the Single Shot Magic bullet for my birthday. I've only used it for smoothies so far, but it's pretty easy to use/clean. It's not the best for chopping chunks of ice, but for small bits of fruits, it's okay - just have more milk/liquids mixed with a bit of ice/fruit. As for the difference, I think the large set also comes with an additional blade that the Single Shot doesn't have...that's about it, the one that comes with the Single Shot is enough for smoothies though. Hope that helps!
    Lotus-Star

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

go with the magic bullet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information