• 1 Post By xox2010
  • 2 Post By Chantel
  • 1 Post By cath007
  • 1 Post By pippinelkhound
  • 1 Post By dawnapacini

Thread: Nivea Cleansing Wipes - ouch!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Ok...So with the $3 coupons that I had for Nivea, I purchased 3 packs of Nivea cleansing wipes. My skin in the fall/winter is pretty sensitive so I made sure to buy the "gental" wipes. I just want to point out that i LOVE Nivea. I use their creams and bodywashes, and now have my boyfriend hooked to their after-shaves. However, I've never bought face wipes from Nivea & I have to say that my experience was discouraging.

First off, the wipes were nearly dry. I literally had to read the instructions over 3 times to make sure that these were not the wipes that you have to wet & lather. Once that was read...I worked myself towards the middle of the pack and was able to find some "moist" ones. After having wiped my face with that wipe though, it felt like my face was on fire . It honestly felt like I was using an anti-acne OXI pad again...Once again I went back to the contents and instructions...and it clearly said that there was no alcohol, and that this was for SENSITIVE skin. I've used wipes before where they were nice and soft and smelled good, and left my skin smooth. These wipes left my face burning, itchy, and blotchy lol.

Has anyone else tried these? Did you have better experience than me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    PammieD likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a similar experience. I found the wipes very dry, I needed to use 4 to remove my make up. I contacted Nivea, and they sent me a $10 coupon for which I was greatfull. However, an apology from the company would have been more meaningful.
    PammieD likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

At least I'm not alone in this....Thanks for replying Anyone else?
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I know to stay away from those, ouch.
    PammieD and natynat like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I purchased those over the summer and have the same problem! I don't know how something that's labelled "sensitive" can be so uncomfortable!
    natynat likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Good thing I got them on sale lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't purchased these, but I think I have some as a sample. Yoinks!

I'd contact them, that doesn't sound good!

But by chance, do you have chapped, dried or windburned skin already? My knuckles are chapped and the Jergens Naturals which is usually perfectly fine to use for me BURNED my hands like nobody's business the other day. Skin in that state is like an open wound.

Did you do a test on another patch of skin to see if it irritated you there, too? Neck, wrist, etc are places I use to check, especially if I'm not sure if my face is chapped. Places that are usually covered and protected by clothing from the weather are good for comparison.
    PurpleBunny89 and natynat like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I do not use cleaning wipes..I use soap or an face cleaner...good to know they are to avoid.
    natynat likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Then stay away from the Olay ones! They smelt terrible and were harsh.

Boots (available at SDM) and Simple are fairly gentle.
    natynat likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    But by chance, do you have chapped, dried or windburned skin already? My knuckles are chapped and the Jergens Naturals which is usually perfectly fine to use for me BURNED my hands like nobody's business the other day. Skin in that state is like an open wound.

Did you do a test on another patch of skin to see if it irritated you there, too? Neck, wrist, etc are places I use to check, especially if I'm not sure if my face is chapped. Places that are usually covered and protected by clothing from the weather are good for comparison.
    Yeah...I thought about doing the testing AFTER lol. But no, my face is not chapped or dry or anything. I use day and night cream every day. I would understand if it were winter and my face was dry...but that's not the case lol.

I did contact them...just waiting for a reply to see what they will say I don't expect anything out of it, but maybe they can recommend what else I can use in lieu of these wipes. I looooove Nivea so this kinda sucked

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I do not use cleaning wipes..I use soap or an face cleaner...good to know they are to avoid.

I also use face scrubs and cleaners...but when I come home from work and just want to get rid of the makeup, I wipe my face. Later at night I'll properly cleanse it and apply cream

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nivea is just so so.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

I don't use wipes. I don't find that they get my face clean, plus they're usually expensive. I prefer using cleansers because they last a long time and I feel clean.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

This might sound nuts but I also have sensitive skin and I use the makeup wipes from dollarama. They come in a white pack , they cost a dollar and they do a great job and don't irritate my skin
    natynat likes this.
    If you ever need a tutu or something cute check me out its a hobby: www.pacinigirls.com Thanks!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I have to say that Nivea has been amazing to me. After I wrote a complaint, they asked me to mail back the products in place of a replacement checque Now I am having issues with their "new" deodorant which is burning my armpits like crazy *grumbles*

Thread Information